Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Fedoracoin - The Community is Taking Over [MAIN] - page 27. (Read 57621 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Ya it seemed that way and no problem it is a step in the right direction.
We are working on getting the hosting setup do you have any service you would recommend?
Sorry I don't have any experience with hosting services, I've always hosted on my own servers.

Just wondering, what was your intitial affiliation with Fedoracoin? Like were you part of development or any of that?

I've just been present since the idea was first proposed, I handled the promotion and thread here for a while but that's about it.

MystPhysX, We wanted to create a Facebook presence, but a fedoracoin page already exists.  Do you know who set up the existing Facebook page?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
News about Fedora coin looks good. But what about new development? https://github.com/invisibel/fedoracoin
I'm worry about difficulty and total coin supply. Looks like it needs to review this parameters in the source code.

UPD: main.h in the source code contains this string:
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 2500000000 * COIN; // FedoraCoin: maximum of 100B coins (given some randomness), max transaction 500,000,000 for now

What did it mean? Why its commented as 100 billion total coins instead of 500 billions was announced?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Sounds good man
Activity: 73
Hey, how about when the new site is completed...if you want a bit of exposure i was thinking maybe we could get a few pixels on here.... http://pxlcoin.com/ ....this is being watched by loads of people and you can link the homepage to it....just an idea

Well I have to say when I first read this / looked at the site, I thought it was stupid, but now that I'm thinking about it a little more it's actually not that bad of an idea...

First time I've every heard about the site/coin; I'll grab the wallet and look at an estimate of how many coins/day i can mine. I think that the best way is if we could each mine pxl's (for probably ~1day max) and then pool them to get a spot for the fedora logo/link. I'll check it out a little more - anyone else down for this?

Thx for the idea quarkkid!

No problem, like i said it was just a random idea, was just throwing it out there.
i already own a fair amount of these, i'l be willing to donate some of course  Wink

Well I don't know if anyone else is going to donate, but I think this is a pretty good initiative to gain some exposure for Fedora. Even though only a few pixels are bought now, I'm pretty sure once more people hear about it, they're going to go quick so I think it's a good idea to jump in soon to maximize the ROI on doing this. At a quick glance I see ~7 adds - each only about 25 pixels. I don't have a ton of mining power, but I should be able to get 100 PXL in about a day or so which is good for a 10x10 block (which alone would be the biggest ad on the site to date).  I don't want to suggest diverting too much mining power towards this random coin since it's important to maintain Fedora's hash rate, but I think a 20x20 block right now would be a pretty good goal.

If anyone else is willing to donate let us know and we can coordinate this in maybe 1-2 days to grab a nice block. Heh, what I love the most is that this stupid coin may actually be useful... for helping to promote fedoracoin!!!  Grin

if you want i will donate the whole amount of PXL to save time and your hashing power...just have a think about which logo you want to use and pm me the picture and i will  send it to their Dev team. Unless you want to wait until the website has been re-worked? I dont know what stage the other guys are at with this...

Here's a temporary solution - I'll still mine for the day or so and grab 100 PXL. Obviously you've known about PXL so I'm sure that number is probably pretty small in comparison to what you have, but you're right that  it's probably best to hold off for at least a little bit until the logo / website is locked in. That also gives some time for a few people to hop on this and donate too if they choose. If not, then you can just take buy the 'main ad' that links to the site and I'll get another that maybe links to this thread. Maybe would even look better if there was one big one and a few little ones. I dunno, I'd say lets give it maybe a day to see what people think/who want to contribute, but after that I think the sooner the better.
Hey, how about when the new site is completed...if you want a bit of exposure i was thinking maybe we could get a few pixels on here.... http://pxlcoin.com/ ....this is being watched by loads of people and you can link the homepage to it....just an idea

Well I have to say when I first read this / looked at the site, I thought it was stupid, but now that I'm thinking about it a little more it's actually not that bad of an idea...

First time I've every heard about the site/coin; I'll grab the wallet and look at an estimate of how many coins/day i can mine. I think that the best way is if we could each mine pxl's (for probably ~1day max) and then pool them to get a spot for the fedora logo/link. I'll check it out a little more - anyone else down for this?

No problem, like i said it was just a random idea, was just throwing it out there.
i already own a fair amount of these, i'l be willing to donate some of course  Wink

Well I don't know if anyone else is going to donate, but I think this is a pretty good initiative to gain some exposure for Fedora. Even though only a few pixels are bought now, I'm pretty sure once more people hear about it, they're going to go quick so I think it's a good idea to jump in soon to maximize the ROI on doing this. At a quick glance I see ~7 adds - each only about 25 pixels. I don't have a ton of mining power, but I should be able to get 100 PXL in about a day or so which is good for a 10x10 block (which alone would be the biggest ad on the site to date).  I don't want to suggest diverting too much mining power towards this random coin since it's important to maintain Fedora's hash rate, but I think a 20x20 block right now would be a pretty good goal.

If anyone else is willing to donate let us know and we can coordinate this in maybe 1-2 days to grab a nice block. Heh, what I love the most is that this stupid coin may actually be useful... for helping to promote fedoracoin!!!  Grin

if you want i will donate the whole amount of PXL to save time and your hashing power...just have a think about which logo you want to use and pm me the picture and i will  send it to their Dev team. Unless you want to wait until the website has been re-worked? I dont know what stage the other guys are at with this...
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
Ya it seemed that way and no problem it is a step in the right direction.
We are working on getting the hosting setup do you have any service you would recommend?
Sorry I don't have any experience with hosting services, I've always hosted on my own servers.

Just wondering, what was your intitial affiliation with Fedoracoin? Like were you part of development or any of that?

I've just been present since the idea was first proposed, I handled the promotion and thread here for a while but that's about it.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
As of now there are 80,467,936,360 TIPS up from 71,936,151,845 in under 3 days.

80billion from a total 500billion isn't too bad, we will see how much it grows in the coming days.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Remember the more Hashrate we throw at Fedoracoin (TIPS) the more stable & known it will become, so the cycle shows !

Come on People Lets Mine some TIPS Together !

Activity: 61
Updated design with banner

/images/

I sent u some TIPs for your work, awesome Smiley

Activity: 56
Sorry about the noob question.

How many of these coins are in total and what about the difficulty settings?

Great to see the community support here.

No worries everyone starts somewhere  Smiley

That info will be added to this thread but for now it is on the first page of the original thread found https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4512208

I would do it now but just caught this as I was heading down for the night.

Happy mining. Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7
Sorry about the noob question.

How many of these coins are in total and what about the difficulty settings?

Great to see the community support here.
Activity: 68
Hoping to see another sunrise from home!
Close your fedoracoin wallet. Wait a few moments as it may take a minute to close in the background.                         

Go in to the folder

c:/users/*user*/app data/fedoracoin

Delete everything except wallet.dat
**DO NOT DELETE wallet.dat

Create a new text file in the folder.

Paste the following in the text file...

addnode=207.12.89.21

Save the file as fedoracoin.conf
*you will have to change the option when saving from "text document" to "all files"

Open the fedoracoin wallet.

Also, are you new to Fedoracoin or long time user and just having problems now?

Did you use the installer or the compressed folder for your wallet?

I'm new to Fedoracoin, two days  actually. Been looking around at a lot of coins trying to learn as much as I can.

I did use the installer instead of the zip.

Thanks for your help on my way to give it a try. Have a good night!

I recommend using the Zip.
It will be easier for you to keep track of and it may fix your issue if the other method does not. Remember when trying a different client delete all files in the app data directory EXCEPT WALLET.DAT DO NOT DELETE WALET.DAT before running the new client.

Fantastic! Syncing like a charm.  If it gives anymore problems I'll install the zip wallet. Is it always better to go with the zip than the installer, on most wallets?

Thanks again for all your help.
Close your fedoracoin wallet. Wait a few moments as it may take a minute to close in the background.                         

Go in to the folder

addnode=207.12.89.21

*you will have to change the option when saving from "text document" to "all files"

I'm new to Fedoracoin, two days  actually. Been looking around at a lot of coins trying to learn as much as I can.

I recommend using the Zip.
It will be easier for you to keep track of and it may fix your issue if the other method does not. Remember when trying a different client delete all files in the app data directory EXCEPT WALLET.DAT DO NOT DELETE WALET.DAT before running the new client.
Activity: 68
Hoping to see another sunrise from home!

Go in to the folder

addnode=207.12.89.21

ALSO

To all those out there that want to help out.

This is the abe API http://fedorachain.info/chain/Fedora/q

Does someone want to do a little appage?
Maybe a webapp that can take the data and make it useful for anyone?
Maybe a little windows app so anyone can view the info in some useful manner?
donatel99 , your work continues to inspire me, I am happy we have community members like yourself.

MESSAGE ABOUT POOLS...

Let's throw some hash power at some of the other pools.

Notnull is a great pool, I have been there for much of my TIP mining but I encourage people to join other pools to spread the power.

For example..

http://fedora.luckyminers.com/

http://fedora.my-pool.in

Support the smaller pools, lets grow as a community Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: