Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FIND] FindCoin | Update Wallet If You Haven't! | Community Anti-Scam Token - page 9. (Read 126371 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
For some reason the -rescan command doesn't do anything so I am unable to check the balance of these addresses:

FZiNhLs9kZbT3nDTFqgpcVo7aTGBdcmGRw

FhKKwkwbq3m5VGCDsQjdZmhK1TmxBHHEaT

I'm pretty sure we have none... Sad
legendary
Activity: 1559
Epic Private Internet Cash
wow, haven't seen such network weight since last January!
Good to see that people are coming back.
The first thing to do is to resume the block explorer and clarify how much funds for development (resurrection) are available.

Thanks to @uki! Finally after several monts with no sinc I am in the game again! Smiley
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
wow, haven't seen such network weight since last January!
Good to see that people are coming back.
The first thing to do is to resume the block explorer and clarify how much funds for development (resurrection) are available.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Let's have fun!
So, is the dev team coming back?

What's the next plan then?
Activity: 610
Merit: 506
crypto = passion
Some reason I have no problems with getting synced, may peers like me more... I staking with success as well.
It is good to clear mess in transaction tab of your client, by opening client with salvagewallet=1 in conf file, also second time start client with  -rescan in command line, it will bring lost (unvisible) coins. After that all looks clear and there is no mess any more.
I can keep client open to help network alive and you guys get synced (right now I am on block #184618).
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
SNAPSHOT of Findcoin blockchain - October 31st, 2015: http://www.filedropper.com/findcoin

Instructions:
1) download the file
2) check if it is not infected before opening
3) make sure your Findcoin wallet is closed
4) make a backup of your wallet file
5) unpack the content of the .zip file to your Roaming folder overwriting any of the files that were there (you may also clean the Findcoin Roaming folder before that operation)
6) open your Findcoin wallet to download the most recent blocks - you shouldn't unlock your wallet for staking unless is FULLY SYNCed!
7) in case the number of coins in your wallet is  not correct - run 'repairwallet' from the console
8 ) enjoy and support Findcoin network!

In case you have any problems, please post it here to see if I can help.
Please also post positive feedback, in case it worked.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
I was going to check with the remaining wallets but the blockchain is taking forever to sync.
It is a bit vicious circle problem. The blockchain is slow because there are few users active and there are only few users because the blockchain is slow.
In my case it took me three full days to sync starting from scratch.
What I can do to speed up this process is the following:  I can upload an image of my blockchain and that would reduce the waiting time considerably.
You would be able to download it and substitute your copy of blockchain and then just download the few remaining blocks to be fully sync.
If you could do that I'd be very grateful.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
I was going to check with the remaining wallets but the blockchain is taking forever to sync.
It is a bit vicious circle problem. The blockchain is slow because there are few users active and there are only few users because the blockchain is slow.
In my case it took me three full days to sync starting from scratch.
What I can do to speed up this process is the following:  I can upload an image of my blockchain and that would reduce the waiting time considerably.
You would be able to download it and substitute your copy of blockchain and then just download the few remaining blocks to be fully sync.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Aww come on! That is just.... Damn it.

Wellp there goes that idea. I guess we're stuffed.

Edit: Oh, wait a second... Please tell me this works....
you probably have to wait until the wallet fully syncs. It seems that the wallet you had the access to, was the faucet wallet. Faucet distribution ended in January 2015 and the remaining coins were supposed to be burned. If that is true, as it seems from your screenshot, then we have to check for the remaining wallets: exchange wallet for the purpose of migrating from FindYouCoin and the bounty wallet. Having explorer up and running this process would be much easier. 
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

you probably have to wait until the wallet fully syncs. It seems that the wallet you had the access to, was the faucet wallet. Faucet distribution ended in January 2015 and the remaining coins were supposed to be burned. If that is true, as it seems from your screenshot, then we have to check for the remaining wallets: exchange wallet for the purpose of migrating from FindYouCoin and the bounty wallet. Having explorer up and running this process would be much easier. 
legendary
Crypto since 2014

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Developers have long left the subject. In my personal opinion the coin was created to steal purses with more valuable cryptocurrency. Checking on virustotal can not give anything.
Well now i'm back, and I think I might be able to compile the qt for windows.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132
Developers have long left the subject. In my personal opinion the coin was created to steal purses with more valuable cryptocurrency. Checking on virustotal can not give anything.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Well well well, what do we have here...

So, now what?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Holy sh*t this coin is still active?
I think I have access to to login details to the account that controls most of the coins.
then, this may be a game changer. If we could get first the explorer up and running to get all sanity checks then we could get excited.

Yeah. Hang on, I'll check real soon.
I hope quadmium hasn't changed the passwords.

I also deleted my wallet.dat so I have no coins. Sad
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
I think I have access to to login details to the account that controls most of the coins.
then, this may be a game changer. If we could get first the explorer up and running to get all sanity checks then we could get excited.
I believe there are still few people around who would be interested in resurrecting this idea.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Activity: 610
Merit: 506
crypto = passion
I just get synced in about 3h from scratch. I deleted all, and run client with new (empty wallet.dat). There was few stucks on block numbers xxxx36, but I didn't restart client. I got 2 connections atm.
I don't have many coins, just those what I get for "free" in distribution process for keeping client opent. I agree with the main bunch of coin in right hands there is a chance. Other way we will see same scenario as already many times happen in crypto...
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
I had to twice download the whole blockchain upon being stuck. it took me about 3 days in each case, but finally I managed to do that. When downloading from scratch, often just restarting the wallet helps to resume the transmission. But I know it is very slow and discouraging. Therefore, I could upload an image of my current copy of the blockchain (currently at block 184184) so that people could synchronise, if you wish so.
I've been trying to resync several times, but the syncing always stops at one point. Upload it, please - it will be very helpful.

as for the control of the initial coins, I checked once again the OP, and it says redsn0w is in control of 2.2M of bounty coins. Whether this information is up-to-date, I have no idea. I agree that this is the first issue to be clarified before any action is taken. As the block explorer is not working, I am not able to check if these coin still sit there or not.
Without a working explorer there's no way to check. If someone could set it up, it would help us decide what we can do next.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
If there are many initial coins controlled by unknown guys, the revival work may be done in vain as they can easily dump and crash the price.

By the way, how did you manage to sync the wallet? Mine is stuck, I was also trying to sync it from the scratch without success. Unfortunately, your .conf file didn't help.
I had to twice download the whole blockchain upon being stuck. it took me about 3 days in each case, but finally I managed to do that. When downloading from scratch, often just restarting the wallet helps to resume the transmission. But I know it is very slow and discouraging. Therefore, I could upload an image of my current copy of the blockchain (currently at block 184184) so that people could synchronise, if you wish so.

as for the control of the initial coins, I checked once again the OP, and it says redsn0w is in control of 2.2M of bounty coins. Whether this information is up-to-date, I have no idea. I agree that this is the first issue to be clarified before any action is taken. As the block explorer is not working, I am not able to check if these coin still sit there or not.
I also do not know if the total money supply that can be seen after issuing 'getinfo' command includes the coins that were burned or not.
Pages:
Jump to: