Author

Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer - page 145. (Read 380774 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503
In 2+ years it will have great functionality..but this much time is too large in crypto world..
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
So, this project should be fully operational in four years?

What in 4 years really, i must missed sth. here.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
So, this project should be fully operational in four years?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Just keep watching...you will regret thinks later Grin Grin Grin

Heh let them fud Golem and "make" tiny btc for bounties ark, dice and more shady pump scam projects lol.

Just wondering why do you think Golem will be any different than Tauchain, Elastic and former projects that haven't achieved anything yet

You missed the person, that's not my words.
Activity: 478

Heh let them fud Golem and "make" tiny btc for bounties ark, dice and more shady pump scam projects lol.

Just wondering why do you think Golem will be any different than Tauchain, Elastic and former projects that haven't achieved anything yet

Activity: 478
I believe after 4-6 months ,once the development starts happening and we get some update the price will touch 5k sat

If had a Satoshi for every time I've read these kind of statements I could have bought fucking tropical island for myself..... 
Activity: 114
Merit: 16
I really am getting sick of these so-called "white papers" that don't describe any of the technical details of how the system actually solves its stated problem. If Bitcoin had of been written this way it would have been ignored by just about everyone but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you've thought this through.

So my question is: how do you ensure the results from the outsourced computations will be correct? This is not explained any where in the paper and its the most important part of this idea. I mean: its not like people haven't had the idea to do this before. I myself have and researchers have used these clusters before for years for lengthy problems.

I know you mentioned Filecoin in your paper but the reason why we can so easily do decentralized cloud storage compared to decentralized computation is because the trust problem of proving that a node is still storing content (and proving that retrieved content is what we originally stored) is all easily solved by basic cryptography. But with outsourced computation there are no simple ways to validate the results are correct without wasting as many cycles or more than the original computation.

Am I to assume that this network is going to be based on a reputation system? I suppose you could also outsource the same computations to multiple nodes and choose the majority consensus but I'm not sure if the economics will work in your favor since having to pay to repeat a computation multiple times may work out to be more costly than just firing up an Amazon cluster.

You also can't rely on a pseudo-anonymous reputation system instead since this could poison the work for an entire computation and there would be no easy way to detect it (outsourcing random problems won't be enough since someone giving out faulty work can just selectively alter random results which is a similar problem that online market places face.)

How do you solve these problems? Or do you envision a reputation system will be enough?

Edit: This didn't occur to me before but if you were to focus exclusively on distributed computations for graphics rendering it would be easy to see which chunks of information weren't rendered correctly so you could outsource it to another node. But the problems I listed still apply to general purpose computation.
Activity: 237

Will they pay with Poland's salary level or USA salary level, Poland's salary level is ridiculously low. 
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
What makes the difference between the elastic project and golem project? Both describe supercomputer as a project of basic objective of project
I believe after 4-6 months ,once the development starts happening and we get some update the price will touch 5k sat
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
entered this, thanks for the opportunity
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
It is getting too crowdy on this forum, thats my fear that one day managers wont be able to control and read post when a larger number of people and post are coming around. Is better to start early to plan for it before it gets out of hand.
The price of Golem is still above ICO price.

at the time of ICO sale

1 ETH=0.015 btc

1ETH=1000GNT=1500sat

Current price at liqui is 1600 sat..

So its still a good price for Golem

Yunbi big buys last day and 1900 satoshis now Shocked Cheesy  https://yunbi.com/markets/gntcny#

People should hold gnt not selling like retards near or below ico price lol.
The price of Golem is still above ICO price.

at the time of ICO sale

1 ETH=0.015 btc

1ETH=1000GNT=1500sat

Current price at liqui is 1600 sat..

So its still a good price for Golem

ETH price is one reason for this to go down...

Once ETH price gets stable there will be a slight price increase
Activity: 280
Question: if there's no benefit for Golem (or those who want to use it) from getting listed on exchanges, then what is that token for, and how those who want to use Golem will benefit from not being listed?
1st - price do not drop below ico and weak hands do not sell below ico, no panic sell
2 - after 6 month will be first results in project, is will be more solid then now. So you will can take back your investments and some profit.
I as gnt holder fully agree with exchange delay. Devs are wise. I hope they will not succumb to silly provocations and will follow their plan
guys is a not normal to buy some seeds today and hoped to sell it tomorrow, in case that harvest will be only after a 6-18 months

What's the difference then if it's listed now or later?
Either way, the project will have first results after few (probably 6) months, and the price will reflect it, but if listed now all holders have a choice - sell now or wait.
No one is forced to sell in panic, and for those who believe, the price below ICO doesn't matter.
Anyway, it's possible to trade GNT dust on Liqui...
sirius Liqui)? Is very low liquid.
difference is a what you see and how it affects on you. And what price will be for early birds. If price will be dumped at half or more - x2 or more will be at ico price for after-ico buyers and you, as an early investor, never will see x5 or more, maybe will see, but not half year or year. Is a difference?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Question: if there's no benefit for Golem (or those who want to use it) from getting listed on exchanges, then what is that token for, and how those who want to use Golem will benefit from not being listed?
1st - price do not drop below ico and weak hands do not sell below ico, no panic sell
2 - after 6 month will be first results in project, is will be more solid then now. So you will can take back your investments and some profit.
I as gnt holder fully agree with exchange delay. Devs are wise. I hope they will not succumb to silly provocations and will follow their plan
guys is a not normal to buy some seeds today and hoped to sell it tomorrow, in case that harvest will be only after a 6-18 months

Either way, the project will have first results after few (probably 6) months, and the price will reflect it, but if listed now all holders have a choice - sell now or wait.
No one is forced to sell in panic, and for those who believe, the price below ICO doesn't matter.
Anyway, it's possible to trade GNT dust on Liqui...
Jump to: