Author

Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer - page 155. (Read 380735 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
what was ico price?why on liqui everyone can buy?
Liqui sucks, I can't login to their website on my pc, nor on my smartphone...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
what was ico price?why on liqui everyone can buy?
Activity: 310
when on poloniex ?

1 sell order 44.81000000 GNT at price 0.99999999 btc  Shocked
come on, kick the zcash story  Grin
WTF?Huh?!!!!!!!
I've got 480 GNT, I'm about to have a heart seizure!!!

No buy wall!
Activity: 364

I think some people should tell liqui about the smart contract that sells golem for only 1.5* ico price !

Liqui didn't get the memo.

WTF?Huh?!!!!!!!
I've got 480 GNT, I'm about to have a heart seizure!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 251

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

Nice to see contracts emerging as alternative for exchange trade. ETH shows what its capable of!
Activity: 290
Is there any exchange has listed GNT?
Activity: 638
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Pretty obvious this is going to get pumped and dumped on some noobs that dont realize how limited the number or participants were with this crowdsale due to the time it took to raise max eth.

BTW, dont know how far they are into actually developing this super computer network, but Elastic project has theirs pretty close to functioning -- not selling Elastic as the best project around this subject, but they are pretty transparent.

That project will be a good alternative to the speculative investors and it most likely wont be dumped all over your face.

Yes, Elastic is now very close to lauching mainnet, but you can't be certain the current holder won't dump. Elastic's ICO was very long, and then some more few weeks for completing development in order to launch the mainnet, so I guess people may be impatient.
Activity: 489
Merit: 260
This project sounds excellent just wish the coin supply was lower.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Guys you might be interested to know that ICONOMI has just invested in Golem:

UPDATE:

ICONOMI.performance fund is launched with the first investment

Yesterday the ICONOMI.performance fund was launched with the first investment in Golem, a decentralised global market for computing power. While we believe in the business fundamentals of Golem, our focus is on projects that can deliver value to shareholders faster, and our investment was limited to 5,000 ETH. This completes the first of the two milestones ICONOMI promised for Q4 2016.

Read more: https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-performance-fund-is-launched-with-the-first-investment-588ea41e95ab
Activity: 518
Wher is exchange?
Activity: 623
much too late but...reserved  Smiley
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
If this is working out, won't rather quickly happen what happened to bitcoin mining? I mean, huge professional mining farms in low electricity cost countries will be profitable while it will be unprofitable for the average Joe?

Any bonus?

What are we actually buying here? Equity? Doesn't look like. So we are not going to own the company behind this. Therefore we are also not eligible for dividends. Later they may actually sell equity like others did on bank to the future.

Due to the recent spam of ICO's, I wonder if it is useful to join this one. Most ICO's were traded below ICO price right after they were distributed. So even if I like this project, I wonder if it would not be better to just buy on exchanges after the initial major dump.

So it is an apptoken we are buying here, right? A token that can be purchased by someone interested in getting cheap cloud computation power? Then I don't see the developers interest in a high token price since that would hinder the project. And if this project succeeds, it will not be long until huge data centers start providing their services and thereby driving the token price down.

Please prove me wrong since I am always looking for high risk high reward investments.

@someone111 You're buying the currency that the Golem Network will use for all transactions.

If you want to take a look at the things that will likely influence the future value of GNT, we wrote a blog post on that here: https://blog.golemproject.net/the-economics-of-the-golem-network-token-d64c1a50b1d5#.7a1lqt2lk

If the cost of GNT rises, it won't have any effect on the cost of computing power on the network. Just like Bitcoin, if 1 GNT is worth 10x what it was before, people will simply charge 10x less in GNT than they did before. Likely more, actually, since a rise in price is likely reflective of more computers on the network (which also makes addresses the datacenter aspect, as them joining the network will drive the power of the Golem Netowrk, and thereby the cost of GNT, up instead of down.
The more datacenters offering their services on Golem, the more supply of computing power. Simple market logic dictates, that prices fall if supply increases. So GNT price would go down.

If more customers want to use Golem network, but there are too few datacenters, then price of GNT could go up.

Which one is more likely is a pure gamble. I think it will be easier to get the datacenters excited and on board, because they are always looking for ways to optimally use all their available capacity. Getting the word to users of blender etc. and make them use Golem however looks more difficult to me.

Replace GNT with USD. And replace Golem with market for computing power. An abundance of computing power and shortage of customers, results falling prices in USD of. Vice versa, a high demand of customers but short supply of computing power, results in falling USD prices for computing.

(Okay, well, the supply of USD is insanely, incalculable and arbitrarily inflated, but that is besides the point here. If someone wanted to use a currency with a known sane inflation, they could just buy bitcoin or if they wanted zero inflation, there are other coins for that.)

Why should I buy the internal currency (app token) as an investor?

What will the people owning the company behind Golem earn? If they earn an percentage on all GNT transactions, then this seems much more profitable to me. Investments into startup companies makes sense to me, but investments into app tokens not so much.

Okay, so the cost of computing power on Golem and the price of GNT are two completely different things.

As more computational power enters the Golem Network, the cost of computational power will go down.

As more computational power enters the Golem Network, the value of the network (and thereby the currency it relies on) will go up.

So the cost of computational power will go down a lot because
a) its cost is going down
b) it's being bought in GNT, and the value of GNT is going up

No one is earning a percentage of transactions. If there was one, then someone would simply fork our open sourced code, remove that transaction fee, and release a Golem variant that is cheaper and more profitable for everyone (except those who got the fee)
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
What a complete charade. You recommend people use MyEtherWallet and then it fails to produce the transaction data in time. I tried for several minutes without success. I wonder how many other people missed out after following your instructions to the letter.
I missed out also. Tried for the whole time crowdsale was open, not good.

Sorry guys, we wound up sending more traffic to MEW than it's ever seen before, by orders of magnitude. We couldn't have expected this, but we're definitely sorry that we accidentally DDoS'd MEW.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
those selling below 1 cent will regret so bad cus this one can do 30x.

lol, no one is selling below 1 cent.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
GNT price will never be 1 cent again. That was the ICO price but demand clearly outstrips supply, Golem is next to Augur Ethereums biggest projects and the sale was super cheap, those selling below 1 cent will regret so bad cus this one can do 30x.
Jump to: