Author

Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer - page 158. (Read 380735 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Any bonus?

What are we actually buying here? Equity? Doesn't look like. So we are not going to own the company behind this. Therefore we are also not eligible for dividends. Later they may actually sell equity like others did on bank to the future.

Due to the recent spam of ICO's, I wonder if it is useful to join this one. Most ICO's were traded below ICO price right after they were distributed. So even if I like this project, I wonder if it would not be better to just buy on exchanges after the initial major dump.

So it is an apptoken we are buying here, right? A token that can be purchased by someone interested in getting cheap cloud computation power? Then I don't see the developers interest in a high token price since that would hinder the project. And if this project succeeds, it will not be long until huge data centers start providing their services and thereby driving the token price down.

Please prove me wrong since I am always looking for high risk high reward investments.
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
Bitcore BTX
alright then, download of eth blockchain in mist 0.8.7 progressing thus far

meanwhile I read this guy who wrote a little bit about his coming adventure of golem participation, feel free to give it a read too
https://medium.com/@cjremus/heres-how-i-m-participating-in-golem-s-crowdfunding-process-part-2-d76e533f08ea#.4qe8y4lb0

my main question as an investor is: after crowdsale is finished (either fully stacked at 820k or way beneath at 150k eth) will $gnt immediately be tradeable at exchanges? I do ask because this would properly keep me away from participation due to recent massacre of tremendous dump of SingularDTV and/or firstblood token right after exchange listings few minutes after ICO end. Looking at Plutus and IOTA I would assume a development timeframe for gathering attention and demand for $gnt due to tech progress and marketing.

cheers
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
How to invest in ICO ?

The ICO starts in approx. 3days: https://www.ico-list.com/#Golem
As Golem is on Ethereum, I guess you have to pay with ETH on the contract. Maybe they will release some help doc. on the blog (https://blog.golemproject.net/).

That's right, ETH is how you pay.
We just published the how-to guides. You can find them here: https://blog.golemproject.net/crowdfunding-how-to-prepare-5247d0021373
@BTC Community

The computations are sandboxed in an isolated virtual machine and executed with the minimal required privileges.

Crackers can defeat sandboxes though, so Golem's Application Registry will have a class of users called Validators. They review and certify apps as safe and trustworthy by adding them to their own whitelists (or adding them to blacklists if they're definitely unsafe).

Providers can choose to only run apps that are on a given whitelist or, if they're willing to take more risk, only refuse apps that are on a given blacklist.

----

What's the name of the 2014 platform?

In other words Golem will be centralized due to backlist by "validators"  I will pass on this one, good luck.

Anyone can become a validator. Not centralized.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 574
How to invest in ICO ?

The ICO starts in approx. 3days: https://www.ico-list.com/#Golem
As Golem is on Ethereum, I guess you have to pay with ETH on the contract. Maybe they will release some help doc. on the blog (https://blog.golemproject.net/).
Activity: 318
@BTC Community

The computations are sandboxed in an isolated virtual machine and executed with the minimal required privileges.

Crackers can defeat sandboxes though, so Golem's Application Registry will have a class of users called Validators. They review and certify apps as safe and trustworthy by adding them to their own whitelists (or adding them to blacklists if they're definitely unsafe).

Providers can choose to only run apps that are on a given whitelist or, if they're willing to take more risk, only refuse apps that are on a given blacklist.

----

What's the name of the 2014 platform?

In other words Golem will be centralized due to backlist by "validators"  I will pass on this one, good luck.
Activity: 588
Crypto is Life!
How to invest in ICO ?
Golem project looks good and imho it may have a bright future. I think I'll take part in ICO. Good luck to project!

Thanks Smiley

See you at the GNT Sale
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Golem project looks good and imho it may have a bright future. I think I'll take part in ICO. Good luck to project!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
@LiskQH no bounties for the crowdfunding sale.

If you're talking about bug-fixing bounties, then we'll likely have some in the future. None at the moment though. You can follow us on twitter or join our slack to get updates on that.

Well I don't fall into that category. I have done my research, authored a buy recommendation for my investment group and will proceed to purchase on 11/11 (my lucky number 1111). Bounty is a way I can support the investments I make.  (by the way, my recommendation was a hold for a minimum of 3 years)

it seems you forgot to read this post, where it is CLEAR there will be no bounties during crowdfunding . Neither for the bug-fixing. It is on page 2 of this thread.

Thanks Smiley

No bounty, ok, but good luck, you may not raise a lot without the bounty, just see it.

If you're talking about bug-fixing bounties, then we'll likely have some in the future. None at the moment though. You can follow us on twitter or join our slack to get updates on that.

Well I don't fall into that category. I have done my research, authored a buy recommendation for my investment group and will proceed to purchase on 11/11 (my lucky number 1111). Bounty is a way I can support the investments I make.  (by the way, my recommendation was a hold for a minimum of 3 years)

it seems you forgot to read this post, where it is CLEAR there will be no bounties during crowdfunding . Neither for the bug-fixing. It is on page 2 of this thread.

Thanks Smiley
So essentially this coin all lives and dies based on letting your computer be a part of the hive mind and rented by what we hope would be scholars and scientist, now what you should be expecting and deciding to promote it is renting for cpu mining. I see this almost entirely being used as a cpu mining rent/lease coin.

It'll be used by literally everyone who has need of powerful and inexpensive computational power. Miners can be part of this. So can scientists. And artificial intelligence + machine learning programmers. And every company that does graphic rendering. And people who want to host dApps that do anything.

It's far more than just scholars and scientists.
I'm also waiting for the ICO! Will Golem development take that long to implement? Will investors see roi within a reasonable time frame?

Longest time frame is 48 months from their road map, and that will only happen when they raise 800k eth, it is very large amount of fund. It is not easy to raise so much fund. In my opinion, this project will not attract so much fund. But 200k is reasonable for them, 800k is very unlikely.

Well, Golem will start generating income for it's users within 6 or so months of crowdfunding. That is through Brass Golem, the version that does graphics rendering. As we build more versions, we'll expand into new markets and the price of GNT will rise.

You can see the roadmap in detail in the whitepaper, here: https://golem.network/crowdfunding.html

So when is this project going to be a working progress?
I saw there was a thread about this months ago, i think it mentions about the most waited projects in the years to come. I can't remember the thread.
The project can probably surpass zec's achievement but why is this being hyped so much and yet we can't see yet where its going?

You can access the Alpha of Brass Golem already. It's live here: https://github.com/imapp-pl/golem/

As for roadmap, you can see that here: http://imgur.com/a/29KB8

eta for 4th part is 36-48 months, very long term project, do you also reserve some part of coins?

Yes, the team will be holding 18% of the GNT tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Activity: 434
Are there any bounty's for Golem?
Signature
Social Media

This is the umpteenth time i read those questions, i don't figure why a member user can't read a 4 pages topic from  the beginning.... please stop asking about bounties, it is clear there isn't any bounties ATM

Thanks
What would be clear is a paragraph devoted to bounties with your position. Just saying obviously not clear if so many people are asking.  I spent a lot of time going over the materials, so my question did not come lightly.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Signature
Social Media

This is the umpteenth time i read those questions, i don't figure why a member user can't read a 4 pages topic from  the beginning.... please stop asking about bounties, it is clear there isn't any bounties ATM

Thanks
Signature
Social Media
Jump to: