Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release - page 8. (Read 58995 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 500
I did a test deposit to Swisscex,  Over 800 confirmations and it has not shown up yet. 

Sent a message to support ....  Wait and see...
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Ive sent coins to this exchange and they never show up. Wounder if this coin is forked. Can I send someone some grain and you tell me if you get it. give me your address. Thanks

send me a few if you like, synching now. wallet's been workin' OK ... last run 12/2/14
9RnVZ5TKcyjZQEiDMsfsDohaq7AkRFAHrr

Ok i sent 1000.  have you sent any to that exchange?
My current stats ...

"version" : "v1.6.2.0",
"protocolversion" : 60007,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 1433179,
"connections" : 16,
"difficulty" : 0.05839280,

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

Ive sent coins to this exchange and they never show up. Wounder if this coin is forked. Can I send someone some grain and you tell me if you get it. give me your address. Thanks

send me a few if you like, synching now. wallet's been workin' OK ... last run 12/2/14
9RnVZ5TKcyjZQEiDMsfsDohaq7AkRFAHrr

Yeah this coin is alive and traded against LTC.

What exchange??
Activity: 98
Yeah this coin is alive and traded against LTC.

Still marching on.  Has a small following.

My current nodes ...

"addr" : "176.105.203.34:25648",
        "addr" : "192.99.15.174:11054",
        "addr" : "204.45.207.186:11054",
        "addr" : "85.25.195.38:42289",
        "addr" : "84.51.215.123:64726",
        "addr" : "46.175.28.101:52457",
        "addr" : "213.21.33.12:42065",
        "addr" : "178.39.167.137:16527",
        "addr" : "86.184.118.244:55148",

Activity: 742

Wow. It lives. One of the first hybrid PoW/PoS coins.
Yes,  it appears they are gone ...

Chain marching on....
Activity: 574
Merit: 523
Chain marching on ... and I see some new interest, as the number of nodes is up and difficulty rising.

Yes, the diff is rising, but I could not say that the number of nodes increased: I see 13 connections to the block explorer node three of which supposedly from swisscex.
Chain marching on ... and I see some new interest, as the number of nodes is up and difficulty rising.

Not an urgent need but I'd appreciate it (if you do it in a maintenance release).
Ok, I will try to find a time to make a stable build.

My opinion on switching the hashing function  ... Personally, I don't like it.  It feels like changing the rules after the game has began.  I see you have given it more thought than I have and will support the decision/direction of the coin.

Yes, I have the same doubts. From one hand I see the hash change to be good for energy efficiency. From the other hand it is actually what you said. Ok, I will think a bit more about it.
Is there any plans on putting coin control functionality into the wallet?

Yes. I am currently in the process implementing several changes (enhancements) in the protocol that I need for further development. Unfortunately, many of these changes require the hardfork, so I would like to release them all together to minimize the impact. The coincontrol will be included. If you need it urgently I could make a 'maintenance' release of course.

Not an urgent need but I'd appreciate it (if you do it in a maintenance release).

My opinion on switching the hashing function  ... Personally, I don't like it.  It feels like changing the rules after the game has began.  I see you have given it more thought than I have and will support the decision/direction of the coin.

As for staking, I often set the reserve balance to prevent staking while using the computer ... I would use coincontrol to roll-up the smaller transactions as not to see the really small POS. 

Thanks

does anyone has a block index, etc they can zip or tar and give to me - I'm trying to synch and it's taking forever - even on a fast linux box

thanks in advance.

The blockchain & tx index file @ sourceforge is updated. It contains 1180K blocks:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/graincoin/files/blockchain/blockchain.zip/download
does anyone has a block index, etc they can zip or tar and give to me - I'm trying to synch and it's taking forever - even on a fast linux box

thanks in advance.

I will make an updated blockindex file now.
Activity: 616
Merit: 253

thanks in advance.
finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink
looking forward to your future plans.

Im glad that your issue got solved. This is really nice and gives even more respect to the coinedup team.

well i spammed them with mails but anyway  Smiley, this baby needs another home to be traded against BTC. i just wrote in the vaultex thread. is there some near future goals in development we could use to sell grain to the exchanges. it doesn't have the newcomer advantage anymore unfortunatly.

Well, the absence of the direct BTC market is not good of course, but not a coin killer. As for development plans I would not reveal the complete details. What I can say is that most ideas aimed to make a network more secure and stable will be rolled out soon.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink
looking forward to your future plans.

Im glad that your issue got solved. This is really nice and gives even more respect to the coinedup team.

well i spammed them with mails but anyway  Smiley, this baby needs another home to be traded against BTC. i just wrote in the vaultex thread. is there some near future goals in development we could use to sell grain to the exchanges. it doesn't have the newcomer advantage anymore unfortunatly.
Pages:
Jump to: