Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release - page 9. (Read 58995 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 523
finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink
looking forward to your future plans.

Im glad that your issue got solved. This is really nice and gives even more respect to the coinedup team.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
finally heard back from coinedup. yay. grain got refunded. back in the grain game.  Wink
looking forward to your future plans.
would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs? if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, ...

thanks, i will try to stake more often

i suppose i really should work on setting up a pi for staking. all the small I/Os make for frequent annoying tray notifications  Roll Eyes  Wink

The PI build is on my todo list as well, but has not very high priority. Also, the 64bit linux build utilizes 640K resident RAM. Although, ARM is 32bit, so it should consume less RAM (the pointers are two times smaller) I do not expect the memory requirements to be significantly reduced. Let's see if it is feasible.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs? if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, ...

thanks, i will try to stake more often

i suppose i really should work on setting up a pi for staking. all the small I/Os make for frequent annoying tray notifications  Roll Eyes  Wink

I am not sure, I will merge in all CC-related changes and it's improvements I am aware of. However, I am going to implement the maximum PoS block reward: many of you are merging all their coins into a single input and running a wallet once a month or even more rare. According to the statistics I collected, presently only 1/3 of existing supply is participating in PoS generation on a regular basis. This is not good for the network security at all. At the same time I did a few optimizations to the PoS generation code to make it even less energy consuming than before (and thus faster and less CPU intensive) to compensate the need to have more than 1 input in your wallet. These optimizations are being tested presently. Also, the automatic low inputs merging policy is under reconsideration now.

Apart from other things I am going to introduce in the coming hard fork, I am seriously thinking on switching hashing function. There is a number of reasons, the most important of which is the time necessary to validate a block received from the network. First, I believe that memory-intensive algorithms like Scrypt-N are not serving their purpose anymore: there are Scrypt ASIC miners on the market, so apparently the memory is not a barrier for ASIC developers. From the other hand, although there are many different options like X11, X... I think it is an overkill for purpose to make the coin ASIC resistant. At least it makes block validation quite CPU-time expensive. After looking at spectrum of different hashing functions already implemented and adapted by different coins I picked the hashing function used by the JackpotCoin, the Jackpotcoin Hash Algorithm V2 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annjpcmake-jackpotcoin-great-again-584481). This is a combination of a single keccak512 transformation followed by eight rounds of random selection (based on current internal state of the hashing 'engine') of groetsl512, skein512, blake512 and jh512 transforms. The plain C implementation of this algorithm is 30 times faster than SSE2-optimized version of the Scrypt, thus it is 30 times more energy efficient in terms of CPU computations on Intel platform (for the GPU I see the four times higher hashrate and two times drop of consumption at the wall compare to Scrypt on R9-290 and R9-280X, the Nvidia chipsets produce better ratio though). From the other hand, it is quite complex to be implemented in the silicon in the nearest future. Please share your thoughts on this.
someone here ever dealt with coinedup? they don't respod to my emails and my grains are still missing. are they on this board?

They announced the termination of exchange operation months ago. Even when the exchange was functional they did not response to my e-mails. However, they did read them.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
 would it be possible in coin control to somehow enable batch selecting of inputs?
if you have thousands of small blocks selecting them one by one can be a bit tedious  Wink
someone here ever dealt with coinedup? they don't respod to my emails and my grains are still missing. are they on this board?
Is there any plans on putting coin control functionality into the wallet?

Yes. I am currently in the process implementing several changes (enhancements) in the protocol that I need for further development. Unfortunately, many of these changes require the hardfork, so I would like to release them all together to minimize the impact. The coincontrol will be included. If you need it urgently I could make a 'maintenance' release of course.
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
Is there any plans on putting coin control functionality into the wallet?
I will, if things go well.

I've never, and few have, been a pool operator. I don't know of any books or classes to take.  Smiley  I'm still learning the system, database structure and problems that arise and how to deal with them.  Bitcoin (alts) have been a hobby of mine and it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I finally got around to setting something up using NOMP and MPOS.

To put a public pool online ... I'd like to have proper hosting, separate systems for daemons, databases, stratum and the front-end web. All with proper security....  I'm currently using a few virtual machines to learn the ins and outs on a residential class Internet provider.

One problem I've been having (only with Grain) is with MPOS's findblocks cron where it error out with E0081-Failed to insert new block into database. Followed by a E0062-Block has no share_id,not running payouts.  It appears to recover after forcing a re-run on the cronjob.... Perhaps due to the low difficulty and rapid block finds. 

If anyone would like to mine Grain, Orbitcoin, Gamecoin, Fireflycoin, Teacoin or Zetacoin and can accept the learning curve of the operator. Send me a PM.  I only ask you to set your payout threshold low and don't leave a large balance.

Everything once is a first time. Unfortunately, I can't say you anything about the errors you observe with block insertion into db - I have never been playing with MPOS. There is no need to have separate systems for daemons/db/e.t.c if the performance of the server is sufficient to serve all of tasks: you could ensure the necessary level of security by properly administering the whole stuff.

Anyway, I wish you a success in this journey Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
Honestly with bitcoin price dropping so much i dont see much future now for altcoins
I will, if things go well.

I've never, and few have, been a pool operator. I don't know of any books or classes to take.  Smiley  I'm still learning the system, database structure and problems that arise and how to deal with them.  Bitcoin (alts) have been a hobby of mine and it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I finally got around to setting something up using NOMP and MPOS.

To put a public pool online ... I'd like to have proper hosting, separate systems for daemons, databases, stratum and the front-end web. All with proper security....  I'm currently using a few virtual machines to learn the ins and outs on a residential class Internet provider.

One problem I've been having (only with Grain) is with MPOS's findblocks cron where it error out with E0081-Failed to insert new block into database. Followed by a E0062-Block has no share_id,not running payouts.  It appears to recover after forcing a re-run on the cronjob.... Perhaps due to the low difficulty and rapid block finds. 

If anyone would like to mine Grain, Orbitcoin, Gamecoin, Fireflycoin, Teacoin or Zetacoin and can accept the learning curve of the operator. Send me a PM.  I only ask you to set your payout threshold low and don't leave a large balance.

I just set up a pool for Grain.  NOMP/MPOS based.

Currently testing,  PM if interested.

Nice, would you make it publicly available?
I just set up a pool for Grain.  NOMP/MPOS based.

Currently testing,  PM if interested.
omg i tried sending my remaining coins in coinedup to swisscex. now it says transaction failed and they don't show up in the wallet anymore. support doesn't answer . guess i have lost them.  Huh

Try smaller quantities - the coinedup used to have some limits. Also, the wallet itself may not be able to complete the tx if there is a big number of inputs to combine and the tx size exceeded.

ok, hope they show up in the balance again, right now they are gone , waiting for their response

Oh no, I did not get that the balance had been affected in the process. I hope they will sort it out eventually.
omg i tried sending my remaining coins in coinedup to swisscex. now it says transaction failed and they don't show up in the wallet anymore. support doesn't answer . guess i have lost them.  Huh

Try smaller quantities - the coinedup used to have some limits. Also, the wallet itself may not be able to complete the tx if there is a big number of inputs to combine and the tx size exceeded.

ok, hope they show up in the balance again, right now they are gone , waiting for their response

I see we have a few new nodes, welcome aboard/welcome back.
Pages:
Jump to: