Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.6.2 Release - page 12. (Read 58995 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 500
Today something happened when I opened my wallet.
While it was syncing I got 19 POS transactions and they were all orphans. As soon as the wallet synced it stopped getting orphans...
Can someone check this?

I believe this is normal.  You were not sync'd with the network and it appears you generated some POS blocks what would be orphaned when you became fully sync'd.

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
should make the coins rot after certain age.... food spoils Wink
Activity: 347
Today something happened when I opened my wallet.
While it was syncing I got 19 POS transactions and they were all orphans. As soon as the wallet synced it stopped getting orphans...
Can someone check this?
Still holding onto my grains. Keep the coin ticking over. It'll have its day again.

I am here, I did not and I am not going to through the Graincoin out. ATM I am on vacation and so I have restricted access to the Internet. I will release the updated wallet by the end of first decade of August (not a big one, checkpoints and probably coincontrol). The other plans are still on my desk.

Regards.

Good to know!
Thank you for your effort.
Holding on to my Grain Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 523
Still holding onto my grains. Keep the coin ticking over. It'll have its day again.

I am here, I did not and I am not going to through the Graincoin out. ATM I am on vacation and so I have restricted access to the Internet. I will release the updated wallet by the end of first decade of August (not a big one, checkpoints and probably coincontrol). The other plans are still on my desk.

Regards.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
this idiots could at least take the limit out now  Angry,
its funny even if grain suddenly spiked i couldn't let a hold on mine  Wink, i still believe this isn't it yet but rather the opposite.
How long do we have left to transfer our coins from Coinedup to Swissex?

I have no idea how long - I got no response from coinedup. But it seems they do read e-mails:

CoinedUp.com @CoinedUp
[Status] GRA withdrawals back online.
1 RETWEET

Sad news. Coinedup removed Grain markets. They asked to withdraw balances, but their Graincoin wallet is offline. I send the e-mail to make them solve the issue. However, I did not got a single response from Coinedup for all my previous requests, so let's see if this works this time.

Coinedup didn't play fair when they put the 100.000GRA withdraw limit. I think we need to move to another exchange but of course it's easier said than done. 
We need to find some good marketing people that believe in Grain...
How's things going on the development front? Any new features coming up?

We are listed on swissex, so Coinedup removal is not a biggest problem. May be it is even an advantage, as their level of customer support is awful IMO. As for development, I am looking into other coins achievements and innovations to not invent the wheel from one hand and not to just copy-n-paste: we need some really unique innovation to push the Grain up. The main goal is to implement the anonymity, of course.

Also I am considering to switch the hashing function as someone proposed: the scrypt is very energy-inefficient in terms of GPU-mining compare to other existing algos, so I am in the process of testing different existing combinations to pick the most energy efficient, from one hand, and having questionable feasibility to be implemented in hard silicon in the nearest future, from the other hand.

As for the algos you're talking about something like X11?

Yes. I am not sure it would be exactly X11 as I did not make its performance/power consumption test yet. As the memory-intensive algorithms are not the barrier anymore for ASIC developers, I would prefer not to use anything memory-dependent that makes GPU mining two times more expensive according to my tests.

I think when the Algo get´s changed we need something really new to get the attention of the cryptomunity. I think the people dont really care about the enregy but are interested in everything new and i don´t know a coin using cuckoo cycle so i think it´s worth to take a look at.

As I mentioned, I would prefer to use a combination of hashing algorithms that do not require a lot of ram to compute a hash to keep it attractive to mine with the generic hardware. However, I agree that the hashing algorithm change should happen when something really new and significant is implemented.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
How long do we have left to transfer our coins from Coinedup to Swissex?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Sad news. Coinedup removed Grain markets. They asked to withdraw balances, but their Graincoin wallet is offline. I send the e-mail to make them solve the issue. However, I did not got a single response from Coinedup for all my previous requests, so let's see if this works this time.

Coinedup didn't play fair when they put the 100.000GRA withdraw limit. I think we need to move to another exchange but of course it's easier said than done. 

We are listed on swissex, so Coinedup removal is not a biggest problem. May be it is even an advantage, as their level of customer support is awful IMO. As for development, I am looking into other coins achievements and innovations to not invent the wheel from one hand and not to just copy-n-paste: we need some really unique innovation to push the Grain up. The main goal is to implement the anonymity, of course.

Also I am considering to switch the hashing function as someone proposed: the scrypt is very energy-inefficient in terms of GPU-mining compare to other existing algos, so I am in the process of testing different existing combinations to pick the most energy efficient, from one hand, and having questionable feasibility to be implemented in hard silicon in the nearest future, from the other hand.

Yes. I am not sure it would be exactly X11 as I did not make its performance/power consumption test yet. As the memory-intensive algorithms are not the barrier anymore for ASIC developers, I would prefer not to use anything memory-dependent that makes GPU mining two times more expensive according to my tests.

I think when the Algo get´s changed we need something really new to get the attention of the cryptomunity. I think the people dont really care about the enregy but are interested in everything new and i don´t know a coin using cuckoo cycle so i think it´s worth to take a look at.

Thank you so much for update of 1.6.2!

Thank you for the data Smiley
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Thank you so much for update of 1.6.2!
Pages: