Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem - page 24. (Read 80403 times)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
theyre saying they cant redeem the wallets so the only way i can help is if they send the privatekeys to me since they have the instructions everyone else used.

Ahmed

I REALLY hope this can be fixed or perhaps the priv keys can be handed to the cryptopia wallet holders...I have ~8.5M coins sitting there...

I REALY hope you recover your coins as well, that experience would make me a bit cranky. Cheesy I think we deserve some good information about why they are not able to recover the coins.  If you pull out a few coins from the exchange you could check the old block explorer to see what address they came from.  If the new coin has ~8.5 million in that address I would gently remind them again of the transfer instructions.  Do we have a working block explorer for the new coin?

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave cryptopedia a GRE ver 2 wallet addy and they transferred it out successfully!

Cranky, great news!
CoinQuacker
Hey Chris......thanks for letting me know things were happening with the project bud.

Went through last 4-5 pages.  Little confusing as to the steps I need to take to get the new wallet up and running and old coins transferred.  Any chance the current instructions for this could get posted in the op and updated there so people can easily find and follow them.

Chris.......if any coins are needed for refunds ya need from issues with the change over, just let me know......I will donate em!

Jim will do, and I will email once something is up.

CoinQuacker
is there a reason v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is known as v2?  i have over 3 million in cryptopia and 0 connections any ideas  Huh

v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is the current official GreenCoin windows wallet (this is V2). If you have zero conenctions try adding some known nodes:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13518926

You add a node by opening the wallet and going to Help -> Debug window -> Console and in the command line at the bottom typing:
Code:
addnode xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx onetry

for example, from the node list linked to above, a node to try:
Code:
addnode 149.210.234.234 onetry
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
is there a reason v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is known as v2?  i have over 3 million in cryptopia and 0 connections any ideas  Huh

It is a big change supporting PoS mining and v2 seems to have stuck as the unofficial designation.  My version reports as v1.2.1-51-g14e16dc but I built from source code.  I would check your configuration file to make sure it has some current nodes listed and make sure your running the latest wallet version, there were a few released during the upgrade process.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
theyre saying they cant redeem the wallets so the only way i can help is if they send the privatekeys to me since they have the instructions everyone else used.

Ahmed

I REALLY hope this can be fixed or perhaps the priv keys can be handed to the cryptopia wallet holders...I have ~8.5M coins sitting there...

I REALY hope you recover your coins as well, that experience would make me a bit cranky. Cheesy I think we deserve some good information about why they are not able to recover the coins.  If you pull out a few coins from the exchange you could check the old block explorer to see what address they came from.  If the new coin has ~8.5 million in that address I would gently remind them again of the transfer instructions.  Do we have a working block explorer for the new coin?

I gave cryptopedia a GRE ver 2 wallet addy and they transferred it out successfully!

Nice! It sounds like they worked things out, hopefully we can be trading again soon! Smiley
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

Ahmed

Ahmed

legendary
Activity: 1260
Hey Chris......thanks for letting me know things were happening with the project bud.

Went through last 4-5 pages.  Little confusing as to the steps I need to take to get the new wallet up and running and old coins transferred.  Any chance the current instructions for this could get posted in the op and updated there so people can easily find and follow them.

Chris.......if any coins are needed for refunds ya need from issues with the change over, just let me know......I will donate em!
Activity: 810

Ahmed

Activity: 800

Ahmed
issue is, the old GRE are useless so people wont be able to redeem them

Yes, my guess is that those coins were in Cryptopia's wallet address at the time of the block change over.  I would think that they could just transfer the coins in the same way that everyone else did and then show them as new coins in the exchange.  If the old coins are withdrawn they have no value and Cryptopia's wallet address should contain them as a credit for the new coin.  I sent them the instructions you posted earlier Ahmed but maybe someone should get in touch to straighten this out if they have coins up there and are interested in it.
Activity: 800
issue is, the old GRE are useless so people wont be able to redeem them
I got this message from the Cryptopia folks:

Hi,  We have tried for many days to upgrade the GRE wallet, however it does not seem to be compatible with the old wallet.dat file.  "GreenCoin server starting ~# Warning: Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect."  So we will be reinstalling the old wallet so users can withdraw their coins to the OLD chain, once all user have withdrawn their coins we will install the new wallet and users can redeposit if they wish.  We apologize for the inconvenience but we have spent many hours on this but it just seems like there is no upgrade path for the old wallet, even importing of the old keys does not work.   Thanks

I got that notice too, and now Cryptopia posted a note for everyone to withdraw all the "GRE-OLD" coins on the market so they can switch to the new coin.
CoinQuacker
I got this message from the Cryptopia folks:

Hi,  We have tried for many days to upgrade the GRE wallet, however it does not seem to be compatible with the old wallet.dat file.  "GreenCoin server starting ~# Warning: Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect."  So we will be reinstalling the old wallet so users can withdraw their coins to the OLD chain, once all user have withdrawn their coins we will install the new wallet and users can redeposit if they wish.  We apologize for the inconvenience but we have spent many hours on this but it just seems like there is no upgrade path for the old wallet, even importing of the old keys does not work.   Thanks

I wanted to also mention that in the meantime if you guys want to be trading you will need to help by opening a support ticket at Cryptopia so they know there is trading interest.

Done.  I'll be interested in seeing what the price does.
CoinQuacker
I wanted to also mention that in the meantime if you guys want to be trading you will need to help by opening a support ticket at Cryptopia so they know there is trading interest.
Activity: 434
Thanks for the update Chris
CoinQuacker
Have any producer payouts been made yet? I can't seem to see any in my new wallet

So on the Producer payouts here is the deal. I've had some website issues which I detail below. However, I want to point out that the Foundation wallet is accumulating coins and ALL COINS WILL EVENTUALLY BE PAID OUT. My request is Producers continue to use the website as they always have, entering meter readings as you've done before because this memorializes the meter data which is the key. What this does is allow me to produce a daily payout using the current website mechanism (the old blockchain data). Once I can get to the proper stage in the web update I will roll the database back to Jan 7th and re-calculate the coins to be paid against the coin totals for that day on the new chain. You will receive coins for that day in the same proportion that they were calculated using the old chain (albeit, updated for the differing coin total shown below --- and in actuality it will be quite close). Below is the payout schedule where we stand as of tonight's payout:

Payout Date     Block #     Daily blocks     Payout coins     Coins in Wallet
1/7/2016              1322                698              1,396,000        1,396,000
1/8/2016              2020                698              1,396,000        2,792,000
1/9/2016              2718                698              1,396,000        4,188,000
1/10/2016            3567                849              1,698,000        5,886,000
1/11/2016            4320                753              1,506,000        7,392,000
1/12/2016            5030                710              1,420,000        8,812,000
1/13/2016            5746                716              1,432,000       10,244,000
1/14/2016            6463                717              1,434,000       11,678,000

As I pointed out previously, all payouts up to and including Jan 1 were made before block 801,739 of the old blockchain and are therefore transferable onto the new blockchain. Payouts for Jan 2 through Jan 6 will be donated by me (through the Foundation) on a 1 for 1 basis. There is nothing to do here, I will send them at some point in the future. I will do this after the web stuff is chugging along so I can memorialize it on a webpage that explains everything and has txid's. The new coin officially began staking on Jan 9, though it found 2718 blocks in that first day of which 624 were PoW (0 reward) and 2,094 were PoS (4,188,000 coins). Since this is about 3X a normal day's worth of staking, I felt it was fair to apply these coins back 2 days (Jan 7th and 8th) as well, thereby effectively making these donation days the responsibility of the Foundation coins. Considering the anomaly of the first days of staking (~3x the # of blocks than normal), I thought and was hoping this would be OK with the Producers for those days. On a side note, the staking seems to have settled down very nicely and is chugging along at ~720 per day which is right on target. Nicely done Ahmed!

So as for the web: I have been using the website (grcoin.com) to spit out the coin payment calculation, which was "professionally done" (the backend is pretty good even the front end isn't much to look at). I didn't have any more funding so I stopped using the contracting services back in 2014. In late 2014 the old coin started to experience issues and that became the priority. I didn't have time or the imperative to do the website stuff if I didn't know if the coin (and therefore the project) would ultimately need to be abandoned. But now in hindsight I wish I had spent more time on it! It obviously took awhile to fix the coin, about 13 months, but now it's done as of 1/9/16 and all of sudden I'm way behind on the web and subsequent heavy marketing that I'd like to do. I have recently begun working on it in earnest by myself but ran into an immediate problem: I can't deploy any updates to the web. I've issued a stack overflow question here.

If anyone can help or knows someone with Rails experience that could spend a little time with this project I would be much obliged, it might help speed things up a bit. For my part I'm committed to staying up late and working on what I can and going to meet-up groups starting next Monday to sit with others who could help and maybe entice them to join the project. Even after I get past the pesky deployment error there's still much to do:

1) update the database to produce the calculation for the new coin [hard]
2) cosmetic upgrades [not that hard, but time-consuming]
3) ease of use for new sign-ups and content [some hard, some time-consuming]

The first step represents the point I need to get to in order to produce the new script files I can feed into the Foundation wallet and payout the new coins, and update the database with the new information so your coin totals are correct on your user pages. At this time I will be able to rip through all of the payments that haven't been made yet in one fell swoop (and will payout the donations for the missed days here as well). The second step is just absolutely necessary to attract users who hear about greencoin through our marketing efforts (or watch the slick movie), and the third is necessary to make signing up solar producers seamless and easy (automatic emails, easy to find instructions, etc.).

This is all a lot of work, for which I am totally committed, but at the same time any additional help just accelerates things along.

I hope this sounds like an actionable plan for everyone.
Activity: 434
Have any producer payouts been made yet? I can't seem to see any in my new wallet
Pages:
Jump to: