Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem - page 23. (Read 80403 times)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
Up to date with all Producer payouts. Whew!  Smiley Grin
CoinQuacker
Can't help but notice that the randomly produced new Foundation address has "WFZHETAX" at the end of it:

GeJw1g1rgTax56otxkFFsETMvzWFZHETAX

0.025 BTC bounty for coming up with a good acronym for that. Voters decide the winner...
CoinQuacker
An instance of a stake coming up short by 30 satoshi
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/block.dws?22522.htm

Never seen that before or after   Shocked

Another one with 50Sat here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/block.dws?21929.htm

strange, but only small amounts so OK for now. But worth keeping an eye on.
CoinQuacker
An instance of a stake coming up short by 30 satoshi
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/block.dws?22522.htm

Never seen that before or after   Shocked
CoinQuacker
I was trying to get a friend up and running with staking, and even after getting the conf file squared away I kept getting this error:

Code:
error: rpc server was not started, use server=1 to change this. (code -18)

He's on Windows 7. Firewall/anti-virus maybe?

figured this out, but now peers.dat not updating. addnode needs to be used every time the client is opened. Maybe need to add rpcport to the conf file?
CoinQuacker
who has the mega stakes taking all the $$$?

I started out with ~10% of the coins a few days into staking, a week or 3 later and that stake is now down to 4%...

I'm seeing a network weight of ~600M right now, and with 1.7B outstanding coins there's still a long way to go before everyone is staking.

Here's a richlist:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/#!rich
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
who has the mega stakes taking all the $$$?

I started out with ~10% of the coins a few days into staking, a week or 3 later and that stake is now down to 4%...
CoinQuacker
Is there any active exchange?

trying to get back on Cryptopia. Let them know you'd like to start trading again - it's good to hear it from different users IMO.
CoinQuacker
I was trying to get a friend up and running with staking, and even after getting the conf file squared away I kept getting this error:

Code:
error: rpc server was not started, use server=1 to change this. (code -18)

He's on Windows 7. Firewall/anti-virus maybe?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011
Is there any active exchange?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Haha, I did say I was a bit confused on how to do lol.

Took me a minute to figure out I needed to unlock the wallet to dump the private keys but we be staking now.....thanks man!

Chris.....do I need to do anything to get me and moms back on the producer list with new wallet addresses?

nope, old addresses should work just fine.

Interesting......seems strange with new wallet only showing it's original address after importing all the old private keys.

Thanks again bro.....hope all is well!
CoinQuacker

Took me a minute to figure out I needed to unlock the wallet to dump the private keys but we be staking now.....thanks man!

Chris.....do I need to do anything to get me and moms back on the producer list with new wallet addresses?

nope, old addresses should work just fine.
legendary
Hey guys......trying to follow the wallet update instructions throughout the thread and ran into an error.

Running new wallet from command line for first time (old wallet.dat in newly created GreenCoinV2 folder along with new conf file and given nodes), with the "--reindex --rescan --checkblocks=0" at the end, I get the following error message......

Warning: error reading wallet.dat!  All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Is this normal, am I ok to click on ok and let it finish loading or what to do?

Is the new coin count staying at 10 billion or was there a reduction?

Thanks!

Jim - the old wallet file doesn't work with the new coin. Instead, just run the new client (if you do it from scratch the rescan bit isn't needed). Then open the old client as you allows did before. In the console (Help -> Debug window -> Console) type:

Code:
dumpprivkey 

and copy down the resulting character string, which is the private key for that address. (note: your addresses with coins can be found under "Send" and then "inputs." Just right click and "copy" it and paste it into the console after typing "dumpprivkey." Note also, the brackets <> are not included in the text.)

Then in your new (still empty) wallet, go to the console and type:

Code:
importprivkey 

and paste the private key you copied from step one. Remember to encrypt the wallet (and of course, never forget your password). Once you have coins you can stake but need to add a text file to the GreenCoinV2 folder. Instructions are at the top of the OP.

CoinQuacker
Hey guys......trying to follow the wallet update instructions throughout the thread and ran into an error.

Running new wallet from command line for first time (old wallet.dat in newly created GreenCoinV2 folder along with new conf file and given nodes), with the "--reindex --rescan --checkblocks=0" at the end, I get the following error message......

Warning: error reading wallet.dat!  All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Thanks!

Jim - the old wallet file doesn't work with the new coin. Instead, just run the new client (if you do it from scratch the rescan bit isn't needed). Then open the old client as you allows did before. In the console (Help -> Debug window -> Console) type:

Code:
dumpprivkey 

and copy down the resulting character string, which is the private key for that address. (note: your addresses with coins can be found under "Send" and then "inputs." Just right click and "copy" it and paste it into the console after typing "dumpprivkey." Note also, the brackets <> are not included in the text.)

Then in your new (still empty) wallet, go to the console and type:

Code:
importprivkey 

and paste the private key you copied from step one. Remember to encrypt the wallet (and of course, never forget your password). Once you have coins you can stake but need to add a text file to the GreenCoinV2 folder. Instructions are at the top of the OP.

Any idea when trading will be available?

none, sent request to start it up. It helps to have requests coming from many folks as well.

Thnx...will gently poke cryptopia admin
CoinQuacker

none, sent request to start it up. It helps to have requests coming from many folks as well.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
is there a reason v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is known as v2?  i have over 3 million in cryptopia and 0 connections any ideas  Huh

v1.2.1.0-g32a928e is the current official GreenCoin windows wallet (this is V2). If you have zero conenctions try adding some known nodes:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13518926

You add a node by opening the wallet and going to Help -> Debug window -> Console and in the command line at the bottom typing:
Code:
addnode xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx onetry

for example, from the node list linked to above, a node to try:
Code:
addnode 149.210.234.234 onetry

yes got sync got my coins from cryptopia
legendary

Warning: error reading wallet.dat!  All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.

Thanks!
theyre saying they cant redeem the wallets so the only way i can help is if they send the privatekeys to me since they have the instructions everyone else used.

Ahmed

I REALLY hope this can be fixed or perhaps the priv keys can be handed to the cryptopia wallet holders...I have ~8.5M coins sitting there...

I REALY hope you recover your coins as well, that experience would make me a bit cranky. Cheesy I think we deserve some good information about why they are not able to recover the coins.  If you pull out a few coins from the exchange you could check the old block explorer to see what address they came from.  If the new coin has ~8.5 million in that address I would gently remind them again of the transfer instructions.  Do we have a working block explorer for the new coin?

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave cryptopedia a GRE ver 2 wallet addy and they transferred it out successfully!

Cranky, great news!

Thnx Chris...For those whom need to get old coins out, this is how it happened for me.

1. I lodged a withdrawal support ticket with Cryptopia.
2. Cryptopia responded within a few hours that I needed to supply a new GREv2 address.
3. I was skeptical at this point but went along with a their request. (concerned about compatibility between old and new block chain data).
4. I generated a new V2 addy.
5. Supplied the addy to Cryptopa via a ticket response.
6. They transferred the coin with an ~hour.
7. The blockchain was processed and done a few blocks later (within an hour).

So what I think happened was Cryptopia has all their wallets individually maintained as per the customer base profiles on the old blockchain and the transfer for GREv2 was an exchange from an old blockchain addy (pre ~800K block freeze) to the new address. So as long as you ceased trading before the ~800K block freeze, I think you should be able to get your coins.
Pages:
Jump to: