Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread) - page 8. (Read 36155 times)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250
I'm a miner not a minor.
 Are y'all having trouble with confirmations on Suprnova. I've been mining all day and have no confirmed coins. I have over 30,000 unconfirmed.

It's 520 confirms
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
  Are y'all having trouble with confirmations on Suprnova. I've been mining all day and have no confirmed coins. I have over 30,000 unconfirmed.
I'm a miner not a minor.
I'm only getting 1 connection on this and that's to suprnova pool.

That's strange. I just tried opening my wallet and I'm getting 5 connections to the network. Also I checked the blockchain and it's moving along at normal speed.

Are you still having difficulty getting connections? Which wallet are you using?

Yes. Still only one connection. I compiled from source on Linux.

I just ran a Grantcoin Linux daemon and I immediately get 2 connections, which are the DNS seed nodes.

The only thing I can think of that could be causing a problem for you is your .conf file. What did you put in there?

$ grantcoind getinfo | grep version
    "version" : "v0.1.0.0-unk-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 60004,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

grantcoin.conf
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
daemon=1
server=1

I'm on the current block too. 77018
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

That's strange. I just tried opening my wallet and I'm getting 5 connections to the network. Also I checked the blockchain and it's moving along at normal speed.

Are you still having difficulty getting connections? Which wallet are you using?

I just ran a Grantcoin Linux daemon and I immediately get 2 connections, which are the DNS seed nodes.

The only thing I can think of that could be causing a problem for you is your .conf file. What did you put in there?

Were you able to download the blockchain up to the current block, which is 76,978 at the time of this message?
I'm a miner not a minor.

I'm a miner not a minor.
in my eyes this is actly one of the most interesting coins out there atm

Glad that you see the value in this project. Smiley

We'll be doing a lot of interesting things as we continue to move forward. High on our priority list is to create an economic ecosystem for Grantcoin, so that people will be able to spend it rather than cashing out to other currencies.

Keep watching this space for updates.
50 sat , it's very cheap .  Grin

Yeah, and we're in the highest mining reward period right now, so that's something for everybody to keep in mind. It will halve at block 100,000, and halve again every 50,000 blocks. And Proof of Stake is coming later this year.
are you guys still on track to release the coin on RT today?

It will be Friday. Developer at Ripple Labs needs to change the wallet address associated with the ~grantcoin account to our new securely-created offline issuing wallet. I had a meeting with a Ripple staff member yesterday and he told me this final step will be finished on Friday.

The good news is, he also told me that they're going to do it in a way that will preserve everyone's existing trustlines to ~grantcoin. So this is better than what I expected.

I will post here on Friday as soon as the Ripple markets are opened. It will likely be in the afternoon or evening.
Activity: 255
are you guys still on track to release the coin on RT today?
Activity: 804
Merit: 251
in my eyes this is actly one of the most interesting coins out there atm
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
50 sat , it's very cheap .  Grin
Hey Grantcoiners and anyone interested,

Some quick updates from the team:

1. We're going to reduce the amount of GRT to be sold by the Grantcoin Foundation. We haven't decided yet on how much to reduce the planned sales, but it will be a significant decrease.

2. We're going to put a lot of focus on developing a business which will earn revenue for the Foundation, and which will be a use case for GRT as a consumer currency.

3. Our Ripple Trade markets will open by the end of this week, probably Thursday.

More details on our plans going forward will be shared in the next couple of weeks. We also welcome your feedback, ideas, and volunteer efforts to help make Grantcoin a success!

Thanks for your support,
Eric
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
The Grantcoin founders were interviewed recently on Bitcoins and Gravy. Have a listen!

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ep-69-grantcoin-is-here-to-empower
Usually I do not buy coins that bittrex advertises, BUT this is interesting if pulled off as planned. I invested some btc. Wishing the project lots of luck. I love groups that try to be as ethical as possible.

Thank you. Glad to hear it!

We're working on some interesting things in the background, building relationships, etc. For example, we will be presenting about Grantcoin at a crypto conference in Ghana in June.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Founder of CoExistCoin
Usually I do not buy coins that bittrex advertises, BUT this is interesting if pulled off as planned. I invested some btc. Wishing the project lots of luck. I love groups that try to be as ethical as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: