Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread) - page 4. (Read 36155 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I hope you make some bounty , maybe translate or everything for promotion GRT for future

Hey Lazada,

We certainly are looking to provide bounties for individuals willing to translate the announcements and most importantly all our documents on grantcoin.org.  We have potential resources for Spanish and Portuguese, are you willing to help provide any support for the languages you know?  If so, please contact us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Brandon
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
I hope you make some bounty , maybe translate or everything for promotion GRT for future
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Send Grantcoin on Twitter with New Web-Based Wallet App

Posted on July 22, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/07/22/send-grantcoin-on-twitter-with-new-web-based-wallet-app/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of @SendGrantcoin, a web-based wallet app that enables anyone with a Twitter account to send and receive Grantcoin in tweets. The system is fully automated, not requiring any human activity to process transactions.

“We’re excited to provide this service because it makes Grantcoin much more accessible to non-technical people,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Twitter is a perfect platform for sending digital currency, such as for social tipping, microgrants and donations to worthy causes. Integrating Grantcoin with social media makes it more useful and easy for the average person to use this currency.”

Twitter users can get a deposit address to fund their Grantcoin Twitter wallet, check their balance, and withdraw to an external Grantcoin wallet by sending either a tweet or a direct message to @SendGrantcoin. Users can send GRT to one or more recipients with a simple tweet.

No download or installation of any software is necessary to use the Grantcoin Twitter wallet. Instructions for how anyone on Twitter can immediately start using their Twitter account as a Grantcoin wallet are available at http://www.grantcoin.org/t

Grantcoin held by users of the Twitter wallet system is stored on a secure server owned and operated by the Grantcoin Foundation. Neither Twitter nor any developer outside the Grantcoin team has access to the server or funds.

Wow , awesome .

how many confirmation until my deposit show ?

6 confirmations.

dev I hope you change android wallet , I dont Like this design , this design same Like windows qlient . I hope  you see another android wallet on playstore , I like wallet Ziftrcoin , Bitcoin , Litecoin . they have god interface and simple for use

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion about Android wallet.
Question for you, will the online store feature the businesses that currently accept Grantcoin, and will you add them to the app as more businesses come on board?

The store will start as a carefully curated selection of opportunities for people to spend Grantcoin, and also selected charities that will accept it too. Generally speaking, our philosophy for developing the store will be to begin with product areas that are easier to deal with as a merchant, such as things that can be sold digitally or based on a vendor-direct business model, rather than handling inventory and shipping. We will start in a simple way and hopefully add more product categories later on, after the store demonstrates success.

We'll be putting out an announcement with some overall info about the store within the next few days. We're hoping to launch it within a couple of months.
Activity: 56

http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/07/22/send-grantcoin-on-twitter-with-new-web-based-wallet-app/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of @SendGrantcoin, a web-based wallet app that enables anyone with a Twitter account to send and receive Grantcoin in tweets. The system is fully automated, not requiring any human activity to process transactions.

“We’re excited to provide this service because it makes Grantcoin much more accessible to non-technical people,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Twitter is a perfect platform for sending digital currency, such as for social tipping, microgrants and donations to worthy causes. Integrating Grantcoin with social media makes it more useful and easy for the average person to use this currency.”

Twitter users can get a deposit address to fund their Grantcoin Twitter wallet, check their balance, and withdraw to an external Grantcoin wallet by sending either a tweet or a direct message to @SendGrantcoin. Users can send GRT to one or more recipients with a simple tweet.

No download or installation of any software is necessary to use the Grantcoin Twitter wallet. Instructions for how anyone on Twitter can immediately start using their Twitter account as a Grantcoin wallet are available at http://www.grantcoin.org/t

Grantcoin held by users of the Twitter wallet system is stored on a secure server owned and operated by the Grantcoin Foundation. Neither Twitter nor any developer outside the Grantcoin team has access to the server or funds.

Wow , awesome .

how many confirmation until my deposit show ?

dev I hope you change android wallet , I dont Like this design , this design same Like windows qlient . I hope  you see another android wallet on playstore , I like wallet Ziftrcoin , Bitcoin , Litecoin . they have god interface and simple for use
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Genius. Has this been done before? excellent marketing tool as well. Hats off. I have to say, while I first invested in hopes of a quick buck, I am becoming more and more impressed with the long term vision and team. Proud to be the first ripple investor. Keep up the good work. If there's anyway I can help the team, please let me know.

It's been done with reddit, but I think this may be the first application for twitter.

A few other coins have also done it with Twitter, but Grantcoin has improved the details of implementation so that tweeting coins is more intuitive and easily understandable for users, especially for people not familiar yet with crypto.

Also, an app like this fits perfectly with the overall concept of Grantcoin, and even the name of our currency. If you want to send a micro-grant of some money on social media, might as well send (a) grant (of) coin, i.e. @SendGrantcoin. And Grantcoin is primarily issued into circulation as philanthropic grants, so both on the macro and micro level this coin is perfectly suited for "paying it forward" on social media, to charities, or to anyone you think is #grantworthy. Smiley

As National mentioned, this Twitter wallet app is a great marketing tool, and the Grantcoin Foundation and our team members will be making heavy use of it for this purpose, getting the word out about Grantcoin to thousands and thousands of people, giving worthy recipients small amounts of GRT to spark their curiosity and interest. Hopefully many will start using the currency. We'll also be launching an online store in the next couple of months where people will be able to spend it, so that will increase the utility of the grants that people receive through Twitter.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
www.cd3d.app

this good Cheesy
I can try some
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Genius. Has this been done before? excellent marketing tool as well. Hats off. I have to say, while I first invested in hopes of a quick buck, I am becoming more and more impressed with the long term vision and team. Proud to be the first ripple investor. Keep up the good work. If there's anyway I can help the team, please let me know.

It's been done with reddit, but I think this may be the first application for twitter.
Activity: 255

Activity: 367
I'm a miner not a minor.

That's pretty cool. I'll have to this out.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Hey Dimox,

Thanks for sharing this, its unfortunate that the average daily volume isn't meeting .2 BTC for bittrex but it was anticipated with GRT only being 2 months old.  We fortunately have friendly traders to get the minimum .2 BTC volume a day running at losses.

Thanks again for your support!   

Yeah, no worries everyone, we won't let the coin get delisted. There are enough people who care about this coin's future and will either buy more or trade among ourselves to make sure that there's enough volume, during this very early stage when the coin is still only a couple months old. Smiley

I want to thank everyone's trading volume this past week, it looks like Bittrex is keeping GRT listed.  We'll have to keep an eye on it while its still early but with the projects that are going to be announced in the near future hopefully more people will see that this is not just your ordinary altcoin Smiley

Thanks again for all your support to help make Grantcoin a reality!
Excellent points. I do like the team and concept. Of course, I would not expect you to be able to definitively state what the value will be, but for example, RL has stated their target value is 1 USD. Busy now but I'll be sure to contact you guys directly over the weekend!
I am very much looking for a long term investment and trust me I dont like crypto pump and dumps any more than the next guy, but to be honest, I am unsatisfied with those answers. I  have really liked the dev team so far, but to not have a true end goal value is a little half baked imo. It is naive to believe that GRT will at all replace fiats and as such, GRT should have a fiat value or it is useless. Not to mention by its nature, if a crypto did replace fiats, it would not be GRT to do it, it would more likely be a gov’t affiliated crypto or a crypto without a humanitarian agenda. A true trade currency. The objective should be to work with the fiat of those in need, not try and reconstruct the monetary system. To help both the investors and those in need, there should be an optimal equivalence to a fiat. I would expect something like a dollar parity.

I'm glad to hear your looking for a long term investment in the crypto space.  Also we appreciate hearing that you are satisfied with the GRT dev team, we are thankful for them and the passion they have for this project.  

I understand your frustrated perspective being an investor to get an answer to the long term goal conversion to fiat but I honestly have no idea how anyone would come up with that value.  I'm assuming you are an XRP investor with the dialogue we've had on XRPtalk, do you know what the value of XRP will be by the end of the year, 5 years?  Or any other crypto?  I sure don't and when I asked our resources at Ripple Labs they say the same thing, "who knows"... Ripple Labs doesn't even know how they are going to distribute the remaining 70 billion XRP with the unknowns that are present in crypto.  GRT has a well defined plan of how the currency will be distributed and the markets being targeted, if you do the math of the revenue loops that are tied to those markets a conversion can be made.

But honestly my personal end goals are when I can feed my family with GRT, when my family in Venezuela can transact for groceries with GRT instead of dealing in diapers because the fiat Bolivares is in hyper inflation.

I enjoy hearing your perspective on these forums, we would be honored to have a more intimate conversation via email if you would like; [email protected].  
i Have a dream with Grantcoin , waiting when many investor join to here . and now i could get more cheap coin . y , I know now tis coin not have huge comuunity , but we still strong .

I had a similar dream the other night, the Grantcoin network will be a community of people that have good values to lend a helping hand across the globe Smiley.

Thank you my fellow brother or sister for your support!
so should we trade between ourselves to get the volume?

The volume has been up passed .2 BTC the past couple days but if you would like to add some trading volume it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the support!
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Hey everyone,

Check out Grantcoin's new Facebook page in Greek:

https://www.facebook.com/grantcoingreece

If you know anyone in Greece who is interested in ideas for monetary reform, please let them know about this page. Thank you!
to not have a true end goal value is a little half baked imo.

I think there are so many unknowns about how this project will develop, where the demand will come from, how much demand will emerge for this currency, and how quickly that will happen, that it would be presumptuous of our team to try to specify an end goal value. JMHO.

It is naive to believe that GRT will at all replace fiats and as such, GRT should have a fiat value or it is useless.

We're not claiming it will replace fiats. We're just trying to create a currency that will be an alternative for people to use, if they agree with our ideas about how to create a better monetary system.

Trying to peg the value of a currency to the price of a fiat currency is challenging at best. Even governments that try to do this sometimes have trouble maintaining a specific set value for their currency, because the natural forces of supply and demand are always going to tend to move the price around. To maintain a set price, an institution has to be constantly issuing or removing currency from circulation to compensate for the fluctuating effects of supply and demand. The Grantcoin Foundation doesn't have the staff, funding, experience in monetary policy, etc., to try to do that. We have to just let the free market set the price of our currency, like with most currencies in the world.

by its nature, if a crypto did replace fiats, it would not be GRT to do it, it would more likely be a gov’t affiliated crypto or a crypto without a humanitarian agenda. A true trade currency.

You're assuming that people won't want to trade with a currency that has a humanitarian agenda. The Grantcoin team starts from the opposite assumption, that the *only* type of alternative currency that a large number of people would ever want to use, if they're inclined to bother to use something else besides the fiat currency they would normally use, is a currency which is designed to do social good.

Let's ask ourselves why 99.9% of the world's population hasn't chosen to start using Bitcoin, even though most people by now know about it. My guess is that it's because Bitcoin doesn't appeal to the billions of suffering people in the world by providing them with access to capital. It's not designed to do that. It's a hoarding-oriented currency, with no program for issuance of the token to get it into the hands of the poor and provide them with economic opportunity.

The only way that "regular people" are ever going to get into crypto is through a crypto that actually helps them, not one that is primarily owned by a small number of techie early adopters and doesn't distribute the money supply to people who need access to capital. JMHO.

The objective should be to work with the fiat of those in need, not try and reconstruct the monetary system.

Trying to build a better alternative to the existing monetary system is the primary purpose of Grantcoin. We've been clear about that from the beginning.

To help both the investors and those in need, there should be an optimal equivalence to a fiat. I would expect something like a dollar parity.

I will agree that dollar parity would certainly be convenient for users. But how would we actually accomplish that, without having to constantly try to manipulate the price through issuing and removing coins from circulation?
I am very much looking for a long term investment and trust me I dont like crypto pump and dumps any more than the next guy, but to be honest, I am unsatisfied with those answers. I  have really liked the dev team so far, but to not have a true end goal value is a little half baked imo. It is naive to believe that GRT will at all replace fiats and as such, GRT should have a fiat value or it is useless. Not to mention by its nature, if a crypto did replace fiats, it would not be GRT to do it, it would more likely be a gov’t affiliated crypto or a crypto without a humanitarian agenda. A true trade currency. The objective should be to work with the fiat of those in need, not try and reconstruct the monetary system. To help both the investors and those in need, there should be an optimal equivalence to a fiat. I would expect something like a dollar parity.
Pages:
Jump to: