Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread) - page 5. (Read 36155 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
i Have a dream with Grantcoin , waiting when many investor join to here . and now i could get more cheap coin . y , I know now tis coin not have huge comuunity , but we still strong .
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
so should we trade between ourselves to get the volume?
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
I'm a miner not a minor.
Not a bad thing. Means people are holding Cool
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Hey Dimox,

Thanks for sharing this, its unfortunate that the average daily volume isn't meeting .2 BTC for bittrex but it was anticipated with GRT only being 2 months old.  We fortunately have friendly traders to get the minimum .2 BTC volume a day running at losses.

Thanks again for your support!   

Yeah, no worries everyone, we won't let the coin get delisted. There are enough people who care about this coin's future and will either buy more or trade among ourselves to make sure that there's enough volume, during this very early stage when the coin is still only a couple months old. Smiley
So going off of your statement that no more coins will be released unless the value increased greatly...what does increase greatly mean? What is the optimal value that you guys believe GRT should reach and stabilize at?

Hey National, 

In what terms do you ask by optimal "value"?  My assumption is your asking the GRT conversion back to USD...  With that assumption, my opinion is that no one can predict where any of these digital currencies will be 10 - 15 years in relation to fiat.  I personally don't think in terms of the currencies related back to fiat because after the 2008 crisis I don't believe the fiat currencies will last much longer with trust of the people. 

So to answer your question the value of 1 GRT will always be the same value of 1 GRT today, tomorrow, and ten years from now.  All that will change is what that 1 GRT will be transacted for, the utility of the currency.

This is one of the biggest challenges that face the crypto currency demographic is they look at these currencies like investments in relation to USD or other fiat, this is why you see all these pump and dumps with greedy individuals trying to make a quick buck.  Even LTC recently went through a pump and dump...

It'll take some time but when GRT plugs into the specific markets that are being targeted it will be a special currency to be apart of Smiley

Cheers,

Brandon

Good points, Brandon.

The only thing I would add to what Brandon already said is that the founders of the Grantcoin Foundation have talked about 50 satoshis as sort of a baseline price that we want the currency to be able to maintain and not go below it. There's no official policy to that effect, but informally speaking, the people who are involved in managing this project will probably try to keep the value of GRT at or above that level unless there is huge dumping by other investors.

And, really, it wouldn't be that hard to maintain that price. Only about 17 million additional GRT is going to be produced through mining. At 50 satoshis, that's only about $2,500 in buying demand, total, that would have to exist to absorb those coins if all of them are dumped on the market by the miners.

Given how little money it would take flowing into this coin to hold the current price until Proof-of-Stake begins and the inflation rate drops to a very low level, I don't think it makes sense for people to worry about the price. If you're looking for a quick pump and exit, then maybe this coin isn't for you. If you're looking to invest in a serious project with long-term potential, then this is one of the few coins with that philosophy. Smiley

So going off of your statement that no more coins will be released unless the value increased greatly

Just to clarify, I didn't say that "no more coins" will be released until the value increases greatly. Some more coins will be released as grants, even in the near future, but we're not talking about huge amounts of coins. And the grants will mostly be given to people, businesses and organizations that are helping the Grantcoin project in some way, helping to give the coin more utility and value. Some micro-grants (a few thousand GRT per person) will also be given to people as coupons to attract customers to shop in the online store we will soon be launching, which will give people incentive to pay in Grantcoin.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
So going off of your statement that no more coins will be released unless the value increased greatly...what does increase greatly mean? What is the optimal value that you guys believe GRT should reach and stabilize at?

Hey National, 

In what terms do you ask by optimal "value"?  My assumption is your asking the GRT conversion back to USD...  With that assumption, my opinion is that no one can predict where any of these digital currencies will be 10 - 15 years in relation to fiat.  I personally don't think in terms of the currencies related back to fiat because after the 2008 crisis I don't believe the fiat currencies will last much longer with trust of the people. 

So to answer your question the value of 1 GRT will always be the same value of 1 GRT today, tomorrow, and ten years from now.  All that will change is what that 1 GRT will be transacted for, the utility of the currency.

This is one of the biggest challenges that face the crypto currency demographic is they look at these currencies like investments in relation to USD or other fiat, this is why you see all these pump and dumps with greedy individuals trying to make a quick buck.  Even LTC recently went through a pump and dump...

It'll take some time but when GRT plugs into the specific markets that are being targeted it will be a special currency to be apart of Smiley

Cheers,

Brandon
hy dev i watch this in bittrex market  Sad

http://i58.tinypic.com/1zdvtqr.png

Hey Dimox,

Thanks for sharing this, its unfortunate that the average daily volume isn't meeting .2 BTC for bittrex but it was anticipated with GRT only being 2 months old.  We fortunately have friendly traders to get the minimum .2 BTC volume a day running at losses.

Thanks again for your support!   
Activity: 255
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
hy dev i watch this in bittrex market  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I suggest to start a coin burning program for the coin in order to get trust back. There are some example where coin had success after such a program.

What did you guys cut the number of coins to? 1 billion or less, maybe 500 million, is good if you want the coins to hold value.

There is no trust lost. Everything these developers have done is transparent and documented.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
I suggest to start a coin burning program for the coin in order to get trust back. There are some example where coin had success after such a program.

What did you guys cut the number of coins to? 1 billion or less, maybe 500 million, is good if you want the coins to hold value.

We didn't actually burn any coins, but we cut the number of coins that will be sold by the Grantcoin Foundation on exchanges down to 100 million. They will be sold at specific prices from 50 satoshis to 5,000 satoshis (or approximate equivalent in other currencies), so most of these coins will not even enter circulation unless the price rises a lot from where it is now.

See the article we posted a few weeks ago:
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/06/11/foundation-to-sell-less-grantcoin-provide-buy-support-focus-on-charity-and-e-commerce/

There are also coins being created through mining, and I think most of those are being sold on exchanges by the miners. So far, almost 20 million GRT has entered circulation in this way. The total GRT to be created through mining is about 37 million, something like that.

There is about 10 billion GRT total, most of which will eventually be released into circulation as grants, but that will take years and years to occur. We're not going to put a lot of coins out there unless/until there is significant investor demand to support it.
Activity: 255
Activity: 658
many update it's good  Smiley
Look the nethashrate still Growing . 50 TH now
Buy more  Cheesy
yes me too, waiting for

Patience my fellow padawan Cheesy, GRT will steadily gain value until it hits it's "Tipping Point" which is in the works of occurring.  Thank you for the support and keep following our updates.  Also if you would like to add value to Grantcoin please contact us at [email protected] to see how to help.  

Thanks,

Mission Succes
Brandon Venetta
Hi dimox and kampretkabur,

Our team is continuing to post news and progress for the coin and the Foundation. We can't control who buys or who doesn't buy.

All I can say is that this coin is already more legitimate and meaningful than most of the other altcoins out there, and people just have to study it and read about what we're doing to find that out for themselves.

If people choose not to buy in this early stage, that's their choice, but I think it's a choice they might regret in the future, because the Grantcoin team is continuing to work hard to make this coin something special.

Thanks for your interest in Grantcoin, and we'll keep everyone informed of new developments on a regular basis.

Eric (founder/developer)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
yes me too, waiting for
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Greece Needs a New Currency Controlled by the People, Not Debt to For-Profit Banks

Posted on July 3, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation

As the Greek financial crisis unfolds, the Grantcoin Foundation stands with the people of Greece against exploitation by the international banking system.

To summarize the crisis, the European banks that provide the money supply to Greece in the form of loans have threatened to cut off funds unless the Greek government makes draconian cuts to social services, which would worsen the already severe economic depression in Greece. Banks throughout Greece have been closed all week and people are not allowed to withdraw their money. This weekend, the Greek people vote in a referendum to decide whether to accept the banks’ terms to restore financial solvency for their nation or whether to default on Greece’s debt, which would probably mean leaving the euro currency and a period of economic chaos.

The Grantcoin Foundation suggests that the root cause of the problem is a monetary system in which for-profit banks issue the money supply as loans, based on their motive to make as much profit as possible by collecting interest from debtors. Any currency that works this way is doomed to create an economy based on exploitation and eventual financial collapse as more and more capital accumulates in fewer and fewer hands.

Grantcoin is a global alternative currency managed and distributed by a non-profit organization according to the principles of democracy, sustainability, and social justice. Grantcoin will be distributed around the world to each nation and community based on its population, to help create a more fair distribution of wealth and equal opportunity for people everywhere to gain access to capital and the economic growth it brings. The people in each nation or community will be empowered to distribute Grantcoin into circulation, not as debt owed back to a financial institution with interest, but instead as economic incentive grants to businesses that meet the triple bottom line criteria of profitability and social and environmental responsibility, to help such businesses grow and benefit the public.

3,811,619.755319 GRT is currently held in reserve by the Grantcoin Foundation specifically for the people of Greece. This amount is visible in the Grantcoin public ledger at this wallet address: GMfyeQcCxoLkamAAU4UPbHiBJFJT4mXTUX. It will continue to be held there until people in Greece step forward to organize Grantcoin affiliate groups in their country, to begin the process of distributing this Greek reserve of GRT as grants to ethical and sustainable Greek businesses that are willing to accept GRT as a form of payment from customers.

We invite the people of Greece to study Grantcoin by reading the extensive documentation on our website, Grantcoin.org. If you agree with our ideas for how money should work for the public good instead of the private interest of banks, please get involved, begin acquiring and using Grantcoin, spread the word, and contact us to discuss forming a Grantcoin national affiliate in Greece to distribute this new currency of the people, by the people, for the people.

Read the whole article at this link: http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/07/03/greece-needs-a-new-currency-controlled-by-the-people-not-banks/
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
thanks For Update dev ...
I suggest to all , This is Legit investment
Dont worry about Dev . this is Real developers
Dont late for bought some cheap , Right
Pages:
Jump to: