Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 119. (Read 189458 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Life is but a dream within a dream
July 08, 2017, 10:25:30 AM
3 weeks to go!
Unless changed.  Tongue
Activity: 617
Merit: 559
July 08, 2017, 08:11:07 AM

ok thanks is there a date when the snapshot will made?

Date of snapshot has been said to be August 1st.

Correct.

This is not a fixed date, we are working with Bittrex and depending on their willingness to assist and timeline, we will be accommodating them. As soon as we know the final details we shall share with the community.

Statement to this effect: https://slack-files.com/T300FHLQL-F649FSCTA-3c2d3507d1
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 07, 2017, 10:47:49 PM

Date of snapshot has been said to be August 1st.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
July 07, 2017, 09:09:52 PM
when i have spreadcoins for what ratio i get helium when the coin release?

It will be a 1:1 swap.

ok when i can do the swap? and will i lose my spreadcoins?

There will be a blockchain snapshot taken for spr in the near future. For now your best bet is to hold your spr in your wallet for the snapshot. You will be due as many HLM as you have spr on the date the snapshot is taken.

You get to keep all of your spr as well.

I recommend joining the Helium slack for more info, see here: https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
July 07, 2017, 09:05:42 PM

There will be a blockchain snapshot taken for spr in the near future. For now your best bet is to hold your spr in your wallet for the snapshot. You will be due as many HLM as you have spr on the date the snapshot is taken.

You get to keep all of your spr as well.

I recommend joining the Helium slack for more info, see here: https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 07, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
It is not a swap really. It is more like a you are entitled to have something. Because you would still have your SPR coins after helium gets distributed.
legendary
Ganja <3
July 07, 2017, 08:47:13 PM

legendary
July 07, 2017, 08:43:22 PM

legendary
Ganja <3
July 07, 2017, 08:41:02 PM
July 07, 2017, 11:03:49 AM
Friendly Reminder

There will be an AMA (Ask Me Anything) in the #ama channel in the Helium Slack channel this Sunday, July 9th at 1pm Eastern Standard Time. The focus will be on the media / marketing / advertising campaign around Helium.

I will be going over the plan for the media campaign, answering any questions you guys have and exploring some ideas with you all. The fun part about this is eventually, each one of you is able to contribute to this effort at some level

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
legendary
Activity: 1456
July 06, 2017, 03:03:49 PM
When can we expect the HLM to launch?

Please see clarification of what was discussed in a slack #ama in April

https://pastebin.com/TfEj990q
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 06, 2017, 01:24:09 PM
When can we expect the HLM to launch?
legendary
July 06, 2017, 12:12:23 PM
It could be expressed in a few words, why talk about these 7 nodes for half an hour, sounds like an overkill rambling. In all honesty nobody cares how much nodes there are coz everyone is thinking about money, that is all, everyones brains are busy developing elaborate money-making schemes, everything else doesnt deserve attention.

WE care about the systems in place ...

if WE didnt - there would be no coin or infrastructure or market or development - let alone stability of a network that is expecting and planning to be processing millions of transactions in any sort of time frame ...  period! ...

and if you had any real sense of stability FOR your greed - YOU would care as well ...

remember - a shaky coin on a shaky infrastructure means YOUR greed cant be fed ...

apart from the fact that there are REAL developments actually happening - NOT just a coin for money making benefits ...

this shallow thinking is what sinks the pure concept that satoshi was looking at producing in the first place ...

btw - this IS an open forum for people to congregate and discuss ... no matter how many lines it takes - 7 or 700 ...

#crysx

Couldn't have said it any better. Preach
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
July 06, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
It could be expressed in a few words, why talk about these 7 nodes for half an hour, sounds like an overkill rambling. In all honesty nobody cares how much nodes there are coz everyone is thinking about money, that is all, everyones brains are busy developing elaborate money-making schemes, everything else doesnt deserve attention.

WE care about the systems in place ...

if WE didnt - there would be no coin or infrastructure or market or development - let alone stability of a network that is expecting and planning to be processing millions of transactions in any sort of time frame ...  period! ...

and if you had any real sense of stability FOR your greed - YOU would care as well ...

remember - a shaky coin on a shaky infrastructure means YOUR greed cant be fed ...

apart from the fact that there are REAL developments actually happening - NOT just a coin for money making benefits ...

this shallow thinking is what sinks the pure concept that satoshi was looking at producing in the first place ...

btw - this IS an open forum for people to congregate and discuss ... no matter how many lines it takes - 7 or 700 ...

#crysx
Activity: 658
Merit: 124
July 06, 2017, 08:47:02 AM
legendary
July 06, 2017, 08:35:48 AM
..but stay on for the long haul mate ... many many MANY more things about to happen ...

#crysx

good post as ever.

Can you confirm if you're running seed nodes, we need to agree a domain and add references to the base build. Cheers.

of course mate ...

we need to know how many - what can be done with them ( ie - service nodes or just full nodes with staking ) - and how much hlm needs to be in them - and where the code is for organizing a compile under our systems ( centos 7 x64 ) ...

the addresses will be easy - and standard like we have always had with our coins - with an option of having 3 or 7 as an initial set ... though if the intention is to have a load more ( like 25 ) then we will need to chat more in depth about how that can achieved AND the costs / hlm involved with that ... but those addresses can be hardcoded anyway and will be used as they are rolled out - as ling as the first ( say ) 7 are already active ...

Code:
hlm-seed01.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed02.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed03.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed04.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed05.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed06.chainworksindustries.com
hlm-seed07.chainworksindustries.com

i can use slack now reasonably easy tanx to the scudcloud app for fedora 25 x64 ... its even better than the 'official' slack app - which is still in beta ...

i dont frequent most other things except for skype ...

we (CWI) look forward to working with and / or part of the hlm team ...

#crysx

Thanks!

Please submit a funding proposal to be an official contractor.

Just kidding, I'll sort out node funding with you.

hehehe ...

skype best place to get me mate ... but i can use slack now ...

tanx ...

#crysx
July 05, 2017, 10:42:57 PM
Project update:

There will be an AMA (Ask Me Anything) in the #ama channel in the Helium Slack channel this Sunday, July 9th at 1pm Eastern Standard Time. The focus will be on the media / marketing / advertising campaign around Helium.

I will be going over the plan for the media campaign, answering any questions you guys have and exploring some ideas with you all. The fun part about this is eventually, each one of you is able to contribute to this effort at some level

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
legendary
Activity: 1456
July 05, 2017, 03:59:34 PM
..but stay on for the long haul mate ... many many MANY more things about to happen ...

#crysx

good post as ever.

Can you confirm if you're running seed nodes, we need to agree a domain and add references to the base build. Cheers.

of course mate ...

we need to know how many - what can be done with them ( ie - service nodes or just full nodes with staking ) - and how much hlm needs to be in them - and where the code is for organizing a compile under our systems ( centos 7 x64 ) ...

the addresses will be easy - and standard like we have always had with our coins - with an option of having 3 or 7 as an initial set ... though if the intention is to have a load more ( like 25 ) then we will need to chat more in depth about how that can achieved AND the costs / hlm involved with that ... but those addresses can be hardcoded anyway and will be used as they are rolled out - as ling as the first ( say ) 7 are already active ...

Code:

i can use slack now reasonably easy tanx to the scudcloud app for fedora 25 x64 ... its even better than the 'official' slack app - which is still in beta ...

#crysx

Thanks!

Please submit a funding proposal to be an official contractor.

Just kidding, I'll sort out node funding with you.
legendary
July 04, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
We need to know your preference for a base unit of Helium

Ideas put forward so far (on Slack) in alphabetical order:

* atom
* gas
* helios
* palmieri

It's not a big issue, but we need to make some references to it in the base build.

If someone can set-up a voting page for the above, that would be great. Perhaps wait a day for any alternative suggestions.

Someone on slack asked to add 'air' and 'He'

edit

HELIUM is also an option that has been put forward.

why work off something already there ...

when you can design something that helium actually is ...

gas / compounds / elements - are all broken down to finite units - atoms ...

BUT - atoms are also broken down to subatomic particles - electron proton neutron ( among others - but these are the 'base' ) ...

so why dont we create our own 'base' unit - helion ...

1helion as opposed to 1satoshi ...
1helium as opposed to 1bitcoin ...

as with ...

1helium as opposed to 1litoshi ...

why copy when we can create - makes sense in my mind ...

thats my proposal IF there was a need for a subunit ... im happy with just calling a subunit of helium - just that - a subunit of helium ... Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
July 04, 2017, 11:18:37 PM

#crysx

good post as ever.

of course mate ...

Code:

#crysx
Jump to: