Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 138. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

and can you confirm me that your bot stop when reach middle are and then turn back? you collect just safe coins?

Yes just the coins on the perimiter. They will soon turn back to spawn and recycle, then rinse and repeat...

I am working on some much more sophisticated gathering bots to start handling the guarding of the perimeter spawn areas. They will start showing up slowly in the next few weeks.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
What I find interesting is I have been using the name reservation for many disasters and nobody has commented until I throw BGB out there in the name Tongue. These bots also compute the best optimal path to gather the most coins at the coin areas. The disaster did catch me by surprise as I had just finished the code to more open area coin gathering, but hadn't compiled it yet, so I have issued a few manual commands to pick up some extra ones.

I have almost been only playing disasters (except testing other functionality) since getting the head start and not having to deal with the fighting has been fine with me.

well, this has been the first disaster that i've seen happening, so this is why you see this discussion now Cheesy
btw you have done a good job with the bot, i've seen that you avoid coins that slow you down, to keep you ahead of others (and this is a chance for latecomers, to take some breadcrumb like me this time Cheesy

and you confirm what i though, some command were issued by hand, I've noticed some manouvers that let me thought that

anyway nothing versus you, you are using what's available as RPC commands, etc..., i was just pointing out that's unfair to expose name reservation but not include that into game client logic

and can you confirm me that your bot stop when reach middle are and then turn back? you collect just safe coins?

P.S.
i hate your BGB-05-1-Y.0 Cheesy
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
What I find interesting is I have been using the name reservation for many disasters and nobody has commented until I throw BGB out there in the name Tongue. These bots also compute the best optimal path to gather the most coins at the coin areas. The disaster did catch me by surprise as I had just finished the code to more open area coin gathering, but hadn't compiled it yet, so I have issued a few manual commands to pick up some extra ones.

I have almost been only playing disasters (except testing other functionality) since getting the head start and not having to deal with the fighting has been fine with me.

edit:

In addition, my disaster bots have only been playing within 250 blocks of their spawn. Once 24X blocks are reached, they will turn around and go back to spawn and I will recycle them to wait for the next disaster. I don't have the will or time to control the bots manually towards the center at this point. Grabbing the easy coins ones are fine. I pulled in anywhere from 1000-10000 coins from a disaster doing this. Which is why I am always plugging for the random disaster. Smiley
Developer!
I'm not BGB.  Actually after new rules of creating one general with 10 HUCs, the bots is totally suppressed. Then price will rise after bots are weakened? NO, the price is lower and lower.

false, there are a lot of bots, but are collectors (so they stand still near mining pools and go where a coin spawn then go back when bags are full
what's disappeared are aggressive bots, but it's a matter of time before they'll come back i think
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
@bigminer

what do you mean nameindex prune doesn't have much effect?

do

Code:
prune_nameindex 0

tell me the size of nameindexfull.dat after
I have much effect after I use command prune_nameindex. When I run "prune_nameindex 4000" for several minutes, the size of nameindexfull.dat  becomes only 4M, which is really wonderful!  At first I think that the reducing of size of nameindexfull.dat is automatically done after I run 1.011g version.
Activity: 121
Merit: 120
I wasn't saying you are bgb, just letting him know in case he is reading. 

I think the price is low just because there are only a few people playing and not much demand for the coin at all, while coins are constantly being produced.
"4 blocks ahead" of bots has not much value. You can see many big coins(100 HUCs to 1000 HUCs) in eight big pools and center pool, but the bots can not get coins in such place. if the bots reach there, bots will all be killed by human, because the entrance is narrow. And the number of characters created by human is more than 10 or 20 times of bots.

ok do this:

wait 2 hours, open my client, search for names that start with bgb and sum the amount they are holding (they are just a subset of bots running atm, just open the map and look the situation)
in the middle there are big coins but FEW, while on the rest of the map there are breadcrumb often > 50 hucs and are easily collectable if you arrive first, i don't get why you are defending that bot advantage..
The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.  

There are alot of coins dropped near home. Having a few block advantage will net bgb a nice loot of coins and in a safe manner.  
That will make bgb get more 200 HUCs to 300 HUCs, I just say this number is so small.

Just a quick count of a couple of his RED players shows he has way more than that already and he isn't done.

P.S. - Not hating you BGB you are just playing by the rules.
I'm not BGB.  Actually after new rules of creating one general with 10 HUCs, the bots are totally suppressed. Then price will rise after bots are weakened? NO, the price is lower and lower.  Maybe the balance of bots and human will helping to activate game.  
Developer!

of course, i'm not hating bgb too, i take him just as example because he has a recognizable name
Developer!
That will make bgb get more 200 HUCs to 300 HUCs, I just say this number is so small.

when i wrote previous post, bgb had already 1300 hucs
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
@bigminer

what do you mean nameindex prune doesn't have much effect?

do

Code:
prune_nameindex 0

tell me the size of nameindexfull.dat after
"4 blocks ahead" of bots has not much value. You can see many big coins(100 HUCs to 1000 HUCs) in eight big pools and center pool, but the bots can not get coins in such place. if the bots reach there, bots will all be killed by human, because the entrance is narrow. And the number of characters created by human is more than 10 or 20 times of bots.

ok do this:

wait 2 hours, open my client, search for names that start with bgb and sum the amount they are holding (they are just a subset of bots running atm, just open the map and look the situation)
in the middle there are big coins but FEW, while on the rest of the map there are breadcrumb often > 50 hucs and are easily collectable if you arrive first, i don't get why you are defending that bot advantage..
The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.  

There are alot of coins dropped near home. Having a few block advantage will net bgb a nice loot of coins and in a safe manner.  

Just a quick count of a couple of his RED players shows he has way more than that already and he isn't done.

ok do this:

ok do this:

ok do this:

The bots can only get coins in pools near home. If bots enter into big pools, all will be killed by followed characters in narrow entrance. After disaster, you can see more than 80% coins are far from home. The comparison of bgb and other characters after 2 hours can not uncover the fact: The task of followed characters is to block the entrance, killing  any bots coming into big pools when bots return home, then they can collect all at any time.   
Developer!

ok do this:

Just the coins left on the outskirts leaves big advantage to bots and pretty big chance you will return safely to your wallet.

And yes 4 blocks ahead makes big difference.
disaster has happened and i see maaaany bgb bots out there (at least as name), that have taken advantage of name reservation

i find it very unbalanced that the QT client doesn't have that feature because it give so much advantage to bots... unfair doesn't respect at full the feeling

I'll implement that stuff on my client, anyway it's something that actually has to be fixed on qt client too, even if would be better to remove at least the capability of name reservation, that huntercoin doesn't need
it sounds as a cheat to humans players and to be even, i think that that feature shouldn't exist, let everyone start from the same point and just create a new hunter when disaster strike
I can not see such advantages of bots has much value, just attain more hundreds of HUCs in a cycle of disaster. But the monopoly of map of few people, attain more than 2000 HUCs each day for each people, wiping out any new player who wants to mining in big pool, making this game less active.  

you don't see?
bot created with such advantage are at least 4 blocks ahead, this mean that they can collect all before human players
and when i say all, after this disaster this mean ~45k hucs of coins on the map (of course central one are harder to mine and go back)

about the monopoly, they aren't gods, the are just very addicted to the game, many hours in front of the monitor, you just need to organize a clan and fight them, this is what the game would need, competition (imho)

disaster has happened and i see maaaany bgb bots out there (at least as name), that have taken advantage of name reservation

i find it very unbalanced that the QT client doesn't have that feature because it give so much advantage to bots... unfair doesn't respect at full the feeling

I'll implement that stuff on my client, anyway it's something that actually has to be fixed on qt client too, even if would be better to remove at least the capability of name reservation, that huntercoin doesn't need
it sounds as a cheat to humans players and to be even, i think that that feature shouldn't exist, let everyone start from the same point and just create a new hunter when disaster strike
I can not see such advantages of bots has much value, just attain more hundreds of HUCs in a cycle of disaster. But the monopoly of map of few people, attain more than 2000 HUCs each day for each people, wiping out any new player who wants to mining in big pool, making this game less active.  

you don't see?
bot created with such advantage are at least 4 blocks ahead, this mean that they can collect all before human players
and when i say all, after this disaster this mean ~45k hucs of coins on the map (of course central one are harder to mine and go back)

I was playing when disaster happened and tried to create a player right away.  It took about 4 or 5 blocks before he was born.  Certainly an advantage to having a bot set up. 
Developer!

you don't see?

about the monopoly, they aren't gods, the are just very addicted to the game, many hours in front of the monitor, you just need to organize a clan and fight them, this is what the game would need, competition (imho)

Jump to: