Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 137. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
So I think some changes should happen with the disaster.  I think the reason for it was to weaken the bots, but as we've seen bots benefit (maybe even more so than before) from diasasters since they have new players right away and can scoop up massive coins because they are ahead of everyone else.

One thing that could possibly help is randominzing when new characters spawn during the disaster blocks.   I might create a character  right at the disaster, but he might now appear until 25 blocks later, or he might appear within the next block or 2.  I think this would level the playing field and give humans a fair shot.

I've been in front of my computer and have created characters right as the disaster happened but I am still no match for the bots.

I am only picking up 10-15 percent of the coins, the other bots thus so far are not being created with the 2-4 block advantage. Most of them are set to go into the center where there are plenty of coins to pick up if you can survive.

I think the group taking 90% of the coins everyday is a bigger problem as far as the game play goes.

More players are needed, or harder working players.
Activity: 121
Merit: 120
So I think some changes should happen with the disaster.  I think the reason for it was to weaken the bots, but as we've seen bots benefit (maybe even more so than before) from diasasters since they have new players right away and can scoop up massive coins because they are ahead of everyone else.

One thing that could possibly help is randominzing when new characters spawn during the disaster blocks.   I might create a character  right at the disaster, but he might not appear until 25 blocks later, or he might appear within the next block or 2.  I think this would level the playing field and give humans a fair shot.

I've been in front of my computer and have created characters right as the disaster happened but I am still no match for the bots.
I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

I'd chip a few for you as well! 
Wow thanks guys!  I thought it cost 1 coin + transaction fee to start...
And where can I get the "mi thrilled man client"?

HUC addy:  HPomwByefyyJLkpn7s4Xf2oYGGetRpDh2C

Sorry that was autocorrect.  Mithril.  Anyways I sent you a few coins.  They upped the fee to play a while back.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

look @ my signature, anyway it's located link is http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin

if you need help about how to play, write here
e.g. to set a path for your selected hunter you need to hold SHIFT and right click on a place on map or hold CTRL + right click, the former set a streight path, the latter set a composite path (multiple destinations).
anyway ask if you need help, but first read the getting started guide http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/GettingStarted (even if it was based on an old release, it's still valid on the core concepts and on requisite you need to install before launching my client)
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time.  

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

What is your address? Also download the mi thrilled man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character

Wow thanks guys!  I thought it cost 1 coin + transaction fee to start...

legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

What is your address? Also download the mithril man client and play with that.  I will send you some coins.  10 to start a character
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time. 

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?

You need at least 10.01 HUC to start with one player. Besides it will cost you at least 0.01 HUC every move you make.
I finally got synced and I can't seem to create a new player.  When I click new and put in my name it give me "Name Registration Failed"
"Error:  This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least .000 because of it's amount, complexity, or use of recently relieved funds"

I put 8 HUC in my wallet so there's coins to make a player but It just won't let me.  I've tried a bunch of different name in case my name was taken but same thing every time. 

I remember now this is why I didn't play in the beginning... I was getting this same error.  Any ideas?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
does dev have any good news or updates?
Activity: 60
I haven't checked on HUC in months (though I still own a portion), so it's good to see that development is still ongoing. I like this little coin a lot, and wish it could get a little more love.

So I wanted to let you all know about a project initiated by James/jl777, who is a key (not core) Nxt developer, and a core BTCD developer, called Supernetwork (superNET). It's too complicated for me to describe in detail, but this is from the OP:

"This is the network that will be created by joining all the participating coins into a single unified network. Each coin will of course continue to operate normally, but there will be an option to use any of the services that are available in the Supernetwork. Each coin that joins the network makes it bigger and also adds its unique tech that is then crossmarketed to all the other nodes."

Please read more here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-supernet-nxt-asset-12071612744977229797-supernet-kmd-assetchain-in-summer-762346

I think this offers an opportunity for much greater exposure. Of course, maybe that isn't what you want right now, while you're still solving critical issues. But maybe some attention would help.

From what I read, James is only going to sign up coins that bring something innovative to the crypto world, and Huntercoin certainly satisfies that requirement.

This is not just another exchange listing, but offers a kind of interoperability (from what I understand) among all the coins in the SuperNetwork. Please read more at the link above for the details.

Have you got any responses from Snailbrain? I feel very positive of your kind suggestion, as well with your comment on huntercoin.
Im trying to get synced up and my blockchain is up to 12GB with 5 days left to go.  Even with the bootstrap this is annoyingly long sync.  Been going 24hrs with the bootstrap....  I just wanna play the game!!!   Cry
Activity: 602
hyperboria - next internet
I've been playing huntercoin in the first weeks. I want to try it again now. Is it possible to play it now by hands? Or only bots rule the game now?
And another question, what is the blockchain size now? Were there any hardforks? Do i need just to run new client or something else? I had like 300 hucs in my wallet when i've stopped playing. Are they still there or game was reset or something?

thx
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Any pools I can point my sha to to mine some HUC?

F2Pool and a few more I believe.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
I have just damaged my 4th game wallet probably because I did 2 moves at the same time and 1 player was killed:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=123.0
I tried to remove all pending transactions and to run huntercoin with -rescan parameter, but it does not help. My wallet is simply unusable, I cannot do anything. I remember that a few versions ago there was a warning dialog: "Transaction rejected, coins already spend.", now nothing: transaction broadcasted, but pending for ever!
Can I do anything to recover my wallet? Will this issue be fixed soon?

nice first post...  Roll Eyes

If its getting the coins out of the wallet, then yes, you can still do that. There are quite a few suggestions in the thread you pointed out...

If it is gaming with that wallet... I would probably trash it (after sending the coins to a new wallet) and start with a fresh wallet.

Hopefully you have saved the other 'damaged' wallets so you can get the coins out of there to if you had some.

If you are still stuck and want to trust somebody and want the coins ouf of them, there are a few people on this forum that may be willing to extract the coins and send them to another one of your wallets I am sure. I would be willing. We know this is frustrating, especially for the newcomer (we have all been there). Hopefully domob will come up with a solution.

I'm not a newcomer, I play and observe Huntercoin since beginning, I messaged you in April. I'm sorry for using dirty tongue, but losing about 500HUC in a 2-3 days partially because of ever-pending transactions is really frustrating. I have one question: using -rescan command checks for changes of all addresses in a wallet since the genesis block, so why my wallet is still damaged after rescanning?
I also tried to use the command "listaddressgroupings" and dump&import the address with coins into a new wallet ... without a success - coins (and dead players in transaction history) reappeared in the new wallet, but they're still unspendable, why?

use a backup.
or/and
also try name_clean command
Activity: 2
I have just damaged my 4th game wallet probably because I did 2 moves at the same time and 1 player was killed:
I tried to remove all pending transactions and to run huntercoin with -rescan parameter, but it does not help. My wallet is simply unusable, I cannot do anything. I remember that a few versions ago there was a warning dialog: "Transaction rejected, coins already spend.", now nothing: transaction broadcasted, but pending for ever!

If its getting the coins out of the wallet, then yes, you can still do that. There are quite a few suggestions in the thread you pointed out...

If it is gaming with that wallet... I would probably trash it (after sending the coins to a new wallet) and start with a fresh wallet.

Hopefully you have saved the other 'damaged' wallets so you can get the coins out of there to if you had some.

If you are still stuck and want to trust somebody and want the coins ouf of them, there are a few people on this forum that may be willing to extract the coins and send them to another one of your wallets I am sure. I would be willing. We know this is frustrating, especially for the newcomer (we have all been there). Hopefully domob will come up with a solution.

I'm not a newcomer, I play and observe Huntercoin since beginning, I messaged you in April. I'm sorry for using dirty tongue, but losing about 500HUC in a 2-3 days partially because of ever-pending transactions is really frustrating. I have one question: using -rescan command checks for changes of all addresses in a wallet since the genesis block, so why my wallet is still damaged after rescanning?
I also tried to use the command "listaddressgroupings" and dump&import the address with coins into a new wallet ... without a success - coins (and dead players in transaction history) reappeared in the new wallet, but they're still unspendable, why?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Any pools I can point my sha to to mine some HUC?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Are there people interested in working for 0.1 usd per day? A few tens of thousands of people die every day in the world from hunger, lack of even rice. Those people of course will not be interested e.g. will not have access to computers etc. But a notch above them are hundreds of millions of people, many with access to simple computers. If income were available in this form, in a language that could be explained easily, such as a game, ngo's would quickly step in to provide cheap computers.

We need to find a way to get computers to those people who would be interested in working for .1 usd a day. 

I would love to see Huntercoin grow and help expand computers to people who need them/need jobs.
Activity: 2
FVCK THIS $HIT!
Jump to: