Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 144. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

I hear HUC is getting added on Gox too Cheesy

At the very least I can see a read only 3d world where people can walk through to see whats going on.  Not sure why you are so negative with every suggestion.  If you actually played i'd take you more seriously.  Undecided

I think will happen - the mobile/browser client was possibly going to be 3d but we decided stick to 2d for now. although, we can change the graphics engine/part out anytime once we have everything else working flawlessly.

There were 50k hunters on the map when we started on the mobile client - thankfully as we tested with this amount we know what we have now should run fine if those numbers are reached again.
Not sure how well that would run if in 3d - although probably is some clever optimizations to make it work (render distance etc) and maybe combined with the current 2d version for full map view..
legendary
I bought a small amount of Huntercoin and have a few questions.

The coin seems to be very cheap and I'm trying to figure out what negative factors may be influencing the price, and whether those factors will change.

The worst thing that I have noticed is the premine. 0.2% I believe. Many people will not buy premine coins and this is the first coin I've bought knowing beforehand there was a premine albeit a small one. Has the dev considered donating the premine to some charity or destroying it, then subsisting only on donations and/or some tax incorporated into the game?

I am not a gamer but I'm curious how popular the game itself is. Are there accurate stats? When I look at the map on the website there are four color rows and a 'generals' and 'all players' column. Is the 'all players' column all people registered? Or all people online? Or something else?

Are there plans to introduce other games that would appeal to another slice of that market?

How many people are involved peripherally with the coin's development? Is it mostly a one man show or is a fair amount of work done by others? In other words is the coin entirely dependent on one person or would it survive easily if the main dev quit?

Thanks.

There was a 0.2% Premine - this was for bounties. Some paid out for graphics, block explorer and other stuff

12.5k went to me, 12.5k went to Mikhail -- (12.5k = 0.4btc atm). I also spent $$$$ on the project.

Although i Hired Mikhail for the project - I allowed him to keep the coins on his computer.
He Passed away - and those coins are still untouched >> http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/a/HVguPy1tWgbu9cKy6YGYEJFJ6RD7z7F7MJ

-

There are a number of plans in the pipeline.

People involved are
Me
Domob - Lead Dev/Coder
Khal has been helping out
BGB (huntercoin.info and bot master)
MithrilMan > see mithrilman client
Zy0n > working on QT

and others who are contributing in various ways.

I am also working with games developers and graphics/web designers -- for mobile/browser client.

Note: Almost every huntercoin improvement has been ported to Namecoin -
and recently some Huntercoin code has been ported to bitcoin (not sure if any other altcoins have had any ported over) > courtesy of domob > https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/b33bd7a3be1cbcc8d255178307976b7762125b18

i still have the issue, that after a time it stops syncing and have to restart, it happens almost every hour... Sad

anyone else having this issue?

I've had the client running for days on both linux and windows.

@ OSYRA guy- not sure if you are a troll
but have you tried the new patches to fix pending tx?
We've had no feedback
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
I bought a small amount of Huntercoin and have a few questions.

The coin seems to be very cheap and I'm trying to figure out what negative factors may be influencing the price, and whether those factors will change.

The worst thing that I have noticed is the premine. 0.2% I believe. Many people will not buy premine coins and this is the first coin I've bought knowing beforehand there was a premine albeit a small one. Has the dev considered donating the premine to some charity or destroying it, then subsisting only on donations and/or some tax incorporated into the game?

I am not a gamer but I'm curious how popular the game itself is. Are there accurate stats? When I look at the map on the website there are four color rows and a 'generals' and 'all players' column. Is the 'all players' column all people registered? Or all people online? Or something else?

Are there plans to introduce other games that would appeal to another slice of that market?

How many people are involved peripherally with the coin's development? Is it mostly a one man show or is a fair amount of work done by others? In other words is the coin entirely dependent on one person or would it survive easily if the main dev quit?

Thanks.

From what I understand, the premine has been and continues to be used for Bounties for work done on the game.

There are not that many people playing maybe 30 max?  You can have as many players as you want in the game, but it costs you 10 HUC for each.  That number doesn't represent the number of people playing.  

The lead programmer died a couple months ago, but Snailbrain and Domob have been working round the clock.

The main reason the price is so low is that there is just not that many people playing, mostly cause it can be a pain to set up and download the block chain.  There are phone apps in the works though and people will be able to play on the go without downloading the block chain.  (This is huge)

I've been playing for about a month and really like it,  interested to see what it will evolve into in the future.

Bounties: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?board=15.0
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Sorry for reading you wrong, no hard feelings

huntercointip 2 huc

Dude none at all! We are all in this together.

<3

Also I responded to your HUC forum write up about shirts ect. I have some in hand.
Sorry for reading you wrong, no hard feelings

huntercointip 2 huc
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

At the very least I can see a read only 3d world where people can walk through to see whats going on.  Not sure why you are so negative with every suggestion.  If you actually played i'd take you more seriously.  Undecided

Shit fire man! I wasn't trying to come across as negative at all!  I thought you were just playing around, so I was too (you know making good news for market.)

If HUC got listed on Gox that would serve as good news for us! Any listing is a good listing @ this point.  Remember "getting listed on gox" increases the price/demand.

I think a 3d world is a wonderful idea, kick ass n take names dude.

i still have the issue, that after a time it stops syncing and have to restart, it happens almost every hour... Sad

if (time_frustrated > many months) && (you_really_care) {
 throw away your computer and buy and new one;
 if (internet_connection_sucks) {
  move to a place with good internet connection;
 }
 goto Cool http://huntercoin.info/help/install;
}
else
 stop playing;
 wait for improvements;
}

Roll Eyes

^ this is where I am at mining wise.  Once I can mine... anyone can mine Cheesy and we will be well on our way.
legendary
Activity: 926
Zoltan - PD Moderator

}
}
else
 stop playing;
 wait for improvements;
}

Roll Eyes

good advice, thanks Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

}
}
else
 stop playing;
 wait for improvements;
}

Roll Eyes

Nice code you got there ^^
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

}
}
else
 stop playing;
 wait for improvements;
}

Roll Eyes
Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

It's good! It must be so!
legendary
Activity: 926
Zoltan - PD Moderator

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Screenshots from the new 3d client.  Just joking I dont know how to do that!  One day in the future I'm sure it will happen though!

Screenshots from the new 3d client.  Just joking I dont know how to do that!  One day in the future I'm sure it will happen though!

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Seller tool updated.

Code:
[img]http://huntercoinonline.com/huc.php?usd=1000[/img]

Just adjust the # in the code to change the price you want for the item!

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Snailbrain...

I have a crazy fucking idea... We should get you into Boost VC. (https://www.boost.vc/)

"An immersive startup accelerator in the Bay Area that provides housing, office space, mentors and an investment."

It is ran by Drapers son.  

Nm maybe next fall.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
I am so sad I couldn't come up with the BTC fast enough to eat that fat ask that was sitting on Polo Cry Shit

legendary
http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/huntercoin/

Note : Coding Expertise is mostly down to Mikhail and Domob.

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Doing a little of my PP for your HUC if anyone needs Smiley
Jump to: