Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 194. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
How easy would it be to set up a tip bot on reddit for Huntercoin.  (I dont know how to do any of that stuff but maybe someone does).  Its a good way to spread the word and get others in the door playing huntercoin. 
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
is there only the one pool for this coin?

afaik yes, need definitely more

i am testing p2pool on  a lesser coin as we speak. if this goes well i may change over to huc to help out. or possibly run both. only problem being it is currently on my main pc which i tend to game on :-( but if it works i may invest in another pc.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

afaik yes, need definitely more
Developer!
Wow! That sucked!  Grin

I got the popup window "Your time has expired! Press here to pay the 1 HUC ..." just as I was attacking and picking up some coins! I clicked just in time before the popup. It took like 4 blocks to confirm, and I think it might have even asked me 2x and taken 2 HUC instead of 1. I see 2 transactions 2 minutes apart. I suggest an option for paying more than 1 day at a time to avoid such issues.

Everything else going great otherwise!

ops :|

yes i had a problem too (i pay a fee too lol Cheesy) because the check cause a popup to show up and could happen that meanwhile you are sending the transaction, the check didn't see it yet and popup again :/
then it wait 1 confirmation (strange it took 4 blocks, seems high, but maybe was just because blocks arrived late, i see that happening many times (try to take a look at block time that's shown on the chat title bar, and compare with the time you see in the console when a new block arrives, you'll see that sometimes you have a block one minute late! it's about net and about pools broadcast, and don't know what else, maybe even daemon taking some times to compute the state

about double fee, pm me and i'll send you back one
i had already plans about monthly, weekly etc.. but now i can't release a middle release with current semibroken new GUI
I'll try to reach a point where i can mix 2 kind of interfaces and publish it in hybrid mode, so i can fix some current issues and already put some pieces of the new interface into public test
hope to do it soon, maybe this week end i can release something
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Wow! That sucked!  Grin

I got the popup window "Your time has expired! Press here to pay the 1 HUC ..." just as I was attacking and picking up some coins! I clicked just in time before the popup. It took like 4 blocks to confirm, and I think it might have even asked me 2x and taken 2 HUC instead of 1. I see 2 transactions 2 minutes apart. I suggest an option for paying more than 1 day at a time to avoid such issues.

Everything else going great otherwise!
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
1 min block times are too long to make this actually playable.

Try playing with 20 Hunter teams & then say that... YIKES! 1 minute isn't a lot of time. If you're in a crown battle, it's very hard to control because the time is so short.

But, if you have only a very few teams, then yes - 1 minute seems like forever.

Try working with more teams, or try attacking bots that are returning to base - you'll find that 1 minute is pretty fast. If you've got 50 or 100 or more HUC that you're hunting, you'll eventually end up asking yourself, "Is it ok to pee in a bottle if I get the coins?" Tongue Grin
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Activity: 229
Today ,I find a webwallet .
There had 3 kinds of crytocurrencies.
I think it is useful for huntercoin

https://openblock.com/

There team think huntercoin is too small to list.
There web is opensource
https://github.com/haobtc/richwallet
Developer!

So you're suggesting reducing block rewards and block times at the same time?

while i agree that 1 min makes the game slow, we have to keep in mind what kind of game we are talking about
states comes from nodes on a peer net, latency is an issue and cpu power too, lowering block generation rate could cause some unwanted behaviour, not for the faster generation but because i.e. that time isn't sure and you could have two states very close and since this is a tactical game, you'd need the time to plan moves (or you'll give another advantage to bots)

in a classical strategy game, with clocked states, i'd agree 100% to lower "turn time" to the minimum reasonable time , but here i'm not sure
maybe 30sec (that means 1 min per algorithm, i think, since this is a dual algo cryptocoin) could fit well

and consider even that halving the generation time would mean doubling (well, not rly) the transactions, so the blockchain size (even if devs are working on prunings)

(and block rewards reduction is needed to keep the same amount of money)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
anyone else get a corrupted zip file downloading the chain from MEGA link in OP?
Activity: 196
Muniti creator

So you're suggesting reducing block rewards and block times at the same time?
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Been using your client since you released it. Love it, it's awesome. Only 2 issues, 1 I think may be an actually bug/issue and 1 that is just a thought.
1 - When I try to create a new hunter, I can't find a way to tell it, as in the wallet, "Use this wallet address as default for all hunters". It seems the only thing to do is type the wallet address when creating a new hunter. Can't even copy and paste an address in there, so I have been switching to the 7b version of the regular wallet to create a player, then closing it and opening ME.
2 - Can you see your unconfirmed coins anywhere? I dont see the colored band of the "bank zone" and when I do actually go to the last spot and bank coins, I dont see anywhere that it happens, so I don't actually know it was a success until the coins are confirmed.

Unless i am just missing something. But again, I love this ME. It truly is awesome!

I'm glad you like it Smiley
to reply to your request:

1) I agree there isn't an option to set a default reward address (i'll add to my todo list) but you can copy and paste address. If you right click on the map and click on the huntercoin logo, a miniwallet opens and if you want to send all coins to one of your wallet address (listed there) you can just right click the address and a context menu allow you to copy in the clipboard that address, here is the pic:

to paste the address, select the reward field and press CTRL + V and voilat Smiley

2) If you mean if you have a pending reward, you can see that in the miniwallet (1st pic), if you mean pending reward coin value, not on the current version, but the new interface i'm working on, will have much more info, see pic here:

(in the pic i've not a pending reward, but you can see the "amount" column)

P.S.
as a note about the new interface:
top and bottom panel are collapsible, left area (strategic pane) is a placeholder that you can expand/shrink and where you can place floating windows(not docked, so you can let them overflow a bit if you need)
It's not definitive (i still miss some panels) but it gives a clue about what i'm doing

P.P.S.
i'm going to activate fee system(1 huc) in few minutes

It works!! I created a new player and copied the address from an existing player to the new one, waited for it to create, then checked the config and all was well. I even reloaded the 7b wallet to confirm it and all was well there. Thanks! Now I can create players here in ME! WooHoo!!

I can't wait to try out a bot/AI!! All the new features sound and look great!
Developer!
Been using your client since you released it. Love it, it's awesome. Only 2 issues, 1 I think may be an actually bug/issue and 1 that is just a thought.
1 - When I try to create a new hunter, I can't find a way to tell it, as in the wallet, "Use this wallet address as default for all hunters". It seems the only thing to do is type the wallet address when creating a new hunter. Can't even copy and paste an address in there, so I have been switching to the 7b version of the regular wallet to create a player, then closing it and opening ME.
2 - Can you see your unconfirmed coins anywhere? I dont see the colored band of the "bank zone" and when I do actually go to the last spot and bank coins, I dont see anywhere that it happens, so I don't actually know it was a success until the coins are confirmed.

Unless i am just missing something. But again, I love this ME. It truly is awesome!

I'm glad you like it Smiley
to reply to your request:

1) I agree there isn't an option to set a default reward address (i'll add to my todo list) but you can copy and paste address. If you right click on the map and click on the huntercoin logo, a miniwallet opens and if you want to send all coins to one of your wallet address (listed there) you can just right click the address and a context menu allow you to copy in the clipboard that address, here is the pic:

to paste the address, select the reward field and press CTRL + V and voilat Smiley

2) If you mean if you have a pending reward, you can see that in the miniwallet (1st pic), if you mean pending reward coin value, not on the current version, but the new interface i'm working on, will have much more info, see pic here:

(in the pic i've not a pending reward, but you can see the "amount" column)

P.S.
as a note about the new interface:
top and bottom panel are collapsible, left area (strategic pane) is a placeholder that you can expand/shrink and where you can place floating windows(not docked, so you can let them overflow a bit if you need)
It's not definitive (i still miss some panels) but it gives a clue about what i'm doing

P.P.S.
i'm going to activate fee system(1 huc) in few minutes
har har har,
some news about my progression with my client!
I've just posted a brief video (< 2 min) about the new interface i'm doing, here the link

http://youtu.be/NSkgcfehCmc

here you can see what I've done at the moment:
- a new Mini Wallet, with a clean and nice interface, that show easily the current transations statuses and get updated every new game_state (so every new block).
- a new Cell Info window, much better then previous one (not yet finished, need context menu actions and other things like maybe a "search" feature

both are 80% completed
after that 2 windows, I'll implement a new Chat panel, so i can show everything (hopefully) included chinese text, etc...

then the "my troops", "statistics"(easy) , login screen and the "mini map" (the trickier) to finish the "porting"
then... i'll dive into army and bot programming interface, will be exciting!

meanwhile I inivite you to download and use current version of Huntercoin: Mithril Edition, look what i've done few minutes ago thanks to intelligence client gives

27 HUCs in few minutes Smiley (i don't know who has been the suicider blue bomber, but i used his moves to gather dropped coins! Smiley
(tomorrow or the day after I'll start applying the 1HUC fee on my client, so low!)

here the links again to the video on the upcoming interface (no ETA at the moment, too much work still to do but i could release an early version of the game with a mixed interface if it makes sense),

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
What is the block explore now? (I need to check a address or two)

none up atm.

The huntercoin Explorer is on the same server as namecoins, both are down due to some "updates"/issues with khals/namecoin/sites
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
What is the block explore now? (I need to check a address or two)
Activity: 196
Muniti creator
har har har,
I've just posted a brief video (< 2 min) about the new interface i'm doing, here the link

- a new Mini Wallet, with a clean and nice interface, that show easily the current transations statuses and get updated every new game_state (so every new block).
- a new Cell Info window, much better then previous one (not yet finished, need context menu actions and other things like maybe a "search" feature

both are 80% completed
after that 2 windows, I'll implement a new Chat panel, so i can show everything (hopefully) included chinese text, etc...

then the "my troops", "statistics"(easy) , login screen and the "mini map" (the trickier) to finish the "porting"

meanwhile I inivite you to download and use current version of Huntercoin: Mithril Edition, look what i've done few minutes ago thanks to intelligence client gives

27 HUCs in few minutes Smiley (i don't know who has been the suicider blue bomber, but i used his moves to gather dropped coins! Smiley
(tomorrow or the day after I'll start applying the 1HUC fee on my client, so low!)

here the links again to the video on the upcoming interface (no ETA at the moment, too much work still to do but i could release an early version of the game with a mixed interface if it makes sense),

Thanks for your hard work MithrilMan. 1HUC is a very low fee indeed, I think the community would prefer a higher fee rate in exchange for some more of your great work.
Developer!
har har har,

both are 80% completed

Jump to: