Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 287. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
crash problem with daemon will be sorted soon (for now, the pools/polo exchange have set a script to auto restart it)

I encountered them too with my client, i noticed that it gave me an access memory fault, in my case during calls to "blockcount" while the deamon was synchronizing and i solved catching the exception and relauncing another process, btw it need a fix and i'm sure we'll get it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
[qoute]

Sometimes you may see time roll back a chronon or 2, check this for an explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw

[/quote]

ROFL
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
I bought some from Cryptorush and then the ticker disappeared.  I asked them why, they said huntercoin is very unstable and all they can do is keep rebooting it.

That's unfortunate, I've never tried cryptorush. I opened an account at Poloniex for the purpose of buying some Huntercoin. I'm happy with them so far. I've sold, bought, and transferred small amounts of Huntercoin (and Bitcoin) in and out without any problems.  Hopefully we will see Huntercoin on some larger exchanges soon.

crash problem with daemon will be sorted soon (for now, the pools/polo exchange have set a script to auto restart it)

-------

Interesting >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Taste_of_Armageddon

-------

Sometimes you may see time roll back a chronon or 2, check this for an explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I bought some from Cryptorush and then the ticker disappeared.  I asked them why, they said huntercoin is very unstable and all they can do is keep rebooting it.

That's unfortunate, I've never tried cryptorush. I opened an account at Poloniex for the purpose of buying some Huntercoin. I'm happy with them so far. I've sold, bought, and transferred small amounts of Huntercoin (and Bitcoin) in and out without any problems.  Hopefully we will see Huntercoin on some larger exchanges soon.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508

-I also included the change proposed by exe here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5107703

The windows client is out, you can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e49da4ni8t4eru4/imp_huntercoin.zip
The source code is here: https://github.com/pompobit/huntercoin

Thanks Pompobit!  Especially thank you for adding your own branch of the client to Github.  Huntercoin is going to be BIG, and I foresee hundreds of developers.  I suspect that a lot of the Worldforge people will also join Huntercoin.   They had no money to motivate them, but that has changed with cryptocurrencies.   There is a lot of the Worldforge 3D media which could be merged into Huntercoin.

The Flushing wallet.dat delay (about 30 seconds) was one easy problem to get rid of.  But the following operations all delay Qt:

askfor tx
askfor block
sending getdata
received getdata
AcceptToMemoryPool

If you run the client in Qt Creator after compiling and check the Window->Output Panes->Compile Output window you will see how these operations freeze the client.  As the number of players have increased, the client has become unusable again.

The Qt developers recommend injecting

Code:
qApp->processEvents()

into loops with long disk operations.  You must also

Code:
#include  

to be able to call qApp.  That is what I have been trying to do in main.cpp, but there might be other places in the code with disk operations.

MithrilMan is using threads.  He doesn't have a branch on Github and it may not be necessary to go that far.  I'm hoping that it will be easier to ungum the knots with processEvents().

oh, sorry for have reported your name wrong, I remembered exo Tongue
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
what happen with bitcoin ? if bitcoin with go down don't affect the huntercoin ? Will appear maybe HUC/USD or HUC/EUR ?
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
I bought some from Cryptorush and then the ticker disappeared.  I asked them why, they said huntercoin is very unstable and all they can do is keep rebooting it.
Is this game complex enough that computers are truly incapable of playing it?

Also how do you "rest" your characters when you can't play? This coin seems innovative but it needs way more documentation.

From the website:
Won’t bots take over?
Maybe eventually they will, and it will be humans vs bots, then bots vs bots..
If it does become an issue, we can add a little extra complexity with hardfork.. but until AI compares to human intelligence, they should probably find it difficult to out smart (most) Humans – (although, this may not be long)

The game moves very slowly.  Characters move one space every block (1 block / minute).  From my experience, your hunters will continue moving based on your instructions, or sit still if you haven't requested them to move even after you close the Huntercoin client.  They will remain where they end up until you return to give them further instructions.  However, it is likely someone will kill them to steal your coins while you are gone.  I suspect you want to send them to the spawn point to withdraw coins when you aren't playing.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
Is this game complex enough that computers are truly incapable of playing it?

Also how do you "rest" your characters when you can't play? This coin seems innovative but it needs way more documentation.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
So litecoin diff is 2,690 now

huw much is Huc difficulty ? on scrypt?
Activity: 481
Merit: 252

-I also included the change proposed by exe here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5107703

The windows client is out, you can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e49da4ni8t4eru4/imp_huntercoin.zip
The source code is here: https://github.com/pompobit/huntercoin

Thanks Pompobit!  Especially thank you for adding your own branch of the client to Github.  Huntercoin is going to be BIG, and I foresee hundreds of developers.  I suspect that a lot of the Worldforge people will also join Huntercoin.   They had no money to motivate them, but that has changed with cryptocurrencies.   There is a lot of the Worldforge 3D media which could be merged into Huntercoin.

The Flushing wallet.dat delay (about 30 seconds) was one easy problem to get rid of.  But the following operations all delay Qt:

askfor tx
askfor block
sending getdata
received getdata
AcceptToMemoryPool

If you run the client in Qt Creator after compiling and check the Window->Output Panes->Compile Output window you will see how these operations freeze the client.  As the number of players have increased, the client has become unusable again.

The Qt developers recommend injecting

Code:
qApp->processEvents()

into loops with long disk operations.  You must also

Code:
#include  

to be able to call qApp.  That is what I have been trying to do in main.cpp, but there might be other places in the code with disk operations.

MithrilMan is using threads.  He doesn't have a branch on Github and it may not be necessary to go that far.  I'm hoping that it will be easier to ungum the knots with processEvents().
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
any pool?
cant solo mine it somehow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
this is gambling?

nope, its a game where you collect coins and exchange it for real money. but you need 1.05 huc to create a character.
Activity: 146
Merit: 111
Activity: 1
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Looking really good! Cheesy

I don't see where you select the hunter that you want to move though...

You don't see that because it's not yet implemented Smiley
as soon as i fix some passive parts (loots, hearts and players details) i'll dive in the active part (move, harvest, save routes and so on)
it takes a lot of time doing this so be patient Cheesy

Understood. And yes... I know full well how long these things take.

The general approach I take is to put in "lorem ipsum" GUI elements, then write code. But, everyone has their own approach.
Developer!

You don't see that because it's not yet implemented Smiley
as soon as i fix some passive parts (loots, hearts and players details) i'll dive in the active part (move, harvest, save routes and so on)
it takes a lot of time doing this so be patient Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
hi there, good news about my client, i've managed to load players into map, here we go with image showing crown holder in action

and here a little comparison in the middle area

i was playing on remote desktop on another pc with original client (left) while running my client on my pc
updates were almost instant, but my client didn't hang during update Cheesy (multi thread ftw)

i'm having a tought about radar, i think that would be of no use, so i think i'll turn having the floating minimap that work as "heat map" showing area of interest and where you can zoom at prefix size to increase performance
on that map i'll draw crown holder in big (as it is now), big loots, hearts and "heat map" (I'll highlight harvesting zones)

bb!

Developer!
hi there, good news about my client, i've managed to load players into map, here we go with image showing crown holder in action

and here a little comparison in the middle area

i was playing on remote desktop on another pc with original client (left) while running my client on my pc
updates were almost instant, but my client didn't hang during update Cheesy (multi thread ftw)

i'm having a tought about radar, i think that would be of no use, so i think i'll turn having the floating minimap that work as "heat map" showing area of interest and where you can zoom at prefix size to increase performance
on that map i'll draw crown holder in big (as it is now), big loots, hearts and "heat map" (I'll highlight harvesting zones)

bb!

oh, last note: how you can see, i've not wrote names upon characters because it's a mess!
I'll draw a dialog hovering/clicking on a cell, showing who's in, i think it will be better
Jump to: