Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 294. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
just some update:

- radar partially implemented (for demo purpose i've placed some dummy rocks on the map with mouse and reflect it, with random color, on radar, as soon as I load player data that will be fixed)
- game settings and window layout autosaved/autoloaded (so you can choose how to place various window in game)

when you doubleclick on a window title bar, it got collapsed in prefixed position (minimap goes top left, the chat full width bottom) (of course there will be much more window in the future so this could change)
see pic below

(re-doubleclicking on a collapsed window bring it to its previous position (even collapsed window got saved)
as a side node, collapsing the minimap would increase performance and may be useful for slow pc (even if i don't think the speed will be an issue)

I've already implemented some commands and i've found useful to implement, beside the chat, the console where you can type some commands i'll allow to use (some may be useful to debug or to try to restart service or whatever)

here is an example

the side note here is that game_status (that ask to the deamon the last game_getstatus, took 1 second!!! (of course i've yet to parse JSON result, put it in my objects and visualize, but i feared it'd had taken more time, this is a good news for me Smiley

see you for next update Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Quote from: snailbrain

looks better.. depends where it's going..

if it's going on some decent websites, we may need a proper graphics designer Cheesy

but tbh, I think it's still good Smiley

A Graphics designer would probably do all the banners for less than 100$

keep going and when they are all ready, we can have a look and maybe use them as the "layout" for a designer, or just use them anyway...

I agree, I have a post open on HuntercoinTalk.com requesting an Artist to jump aboard the project. I'm sure one will stumble upon us.

The ads will be on many website, I will be using the A-Ads.com, And Bitads.net advertising networks. I'l hand pick the websites it's displayed on to ensure quality and will be tweaking the campaign as time goes on and funds allow. This could be a big positive influence on Huntercoin if the community pools together we could bring a substantial amount of attention our way. We're nearing our goal and the testing phase will begin soon. Smiley

definitely - I used to be heavily into adwords (and adsense) quite a few years ago, but never used anything but google (odd times used overture (yahoo?) and MSNs version)

What sort of prices are decent websites charging to display ads using those networks? (impressions/clicks)
It may be more cost effective to get some articles written and distributed

I've had one done, and paid (from bounty [a lot, when the value wasn't so much]) but they have let me down with some revisions.
I probably will have another couple of separate ones ready this weekend (and will use the old one also) - will distribute via PR companies asap.

Yeah same here. My plan is to adapt this advertising project as funds allow. From the community, For the community. The advertising on A-Ads.com is $0.09 CPM, Very reasonable if I pick only quality sources.

Here's some things I will do that are included in Project Advertising

A) Further develop and improve the campaigns on BitAds.net & A-Ads.com
B) Direct relationships with website owners for Ad Space & Guest Posts
C) Signature advertising bought from active users, Building a good relationship with these users and keeping them happy for an extended period
D) Article Marketing to capture keywords related to Huntercoin, And Bitcoin gaming using Article sites such as EzineArticles
E) Press releases will be done by directly networking and establishing good connections with blog owners
F) Branching into a larger niche such as entertainment websites and broadcasting quality articles to larger groups, Providing the incentive of earning money and the knowledge to do so.

There is more, but this is just the beginning

Brill - keep it up
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Vast

if it's going on some decent websites, we may need a proper graphics designer Cheesy

keep going and when they are all ready, we can have a look and maybe use them as the "layout" for a designer, or just use them anyway...

I agree, I have a post open on HuntercoinTalk.com requesting an Artist to jump aboard the project. I'm sure one will stumble upon us.

The ads will be on many website, I will be using the A-Ads.com, And Bitads.net advertising networks. I'l hand pick the websites it's displayed on to ensure quality and will be tweaking the campaign as time goes on and funds allow. This could be a big positive influence on Huntercoin if the community pools together we could bring a substantial amount of attention our way. We're nearing our goal and the testing phase will begin soon. Smiley

definitely - I used to be heavily into adwords (and adsense) quite a few years ago, but never used anything but google (odd times used overture (yahoo?) and MSNs version)

What sort of prices are decent websites charging to display ads using those networks? (impressions/clicks)

I've had one done, and paid (from bounty [a lot, when the value wasn't so much]) but they have let me down with some revisions.
I probably will have another couple of separate ones ready this weekend (and will use the old one also) - will distribute via PR companies asap.

Yeah same here. My plan is to adapt this advertising project as funds allow. From the community, For the community. The advertising on A-Ads.com is $0.09 CPM, Very reasonable if I pick only quality sources.

Here's some things I will do that are included in Project Advertising

A) Further develop and improve the campaigns on BitAds.net & A-Ads.com
B) Direct relationships with website owners for Ad Space & Guest Posts
C) Signature advertising bought from active users, Building a good relationship with these users and keeping them happy for an extended period
D) Article Marketing to capture keywords related to Huntercoin, And Bitcoin gaming using Article sites such as EzineArticles
E) Press releases will be done by directly networking and establishing good connections with blog owners
F) Branching into a larger niche such as entertainment websites and broadcasting quality articles to larger groups, Providing the incentive of earning money and the knowledge to do so.

There is more, but this is just the beginning
legendary

Vast

legendary

i think the text at the top "The Worlds..."

is too compressed.. maybe try just "A Human Mineable..."

also not sure if dark brown has enough contrast to the back ground (Huntercoin).. maybe it's ok tho.. can carry this on other forum if you want

but.. how many views/clicks are we gunna get with such a small sum of donations? Smiley

How's this?

Vast

also not sure if dark brown has enough contrast to the back ground (Huntercoin).. maybe it's ok tho.. can carry this on other forum if you want

but.. how many views/clicks are we gunna get with such a small sum of donations? Smiley

How's this?

*Edit
Currently 67 HUC raised to fund the Huntercoin Advertising Campaign, Great work guys Smiley
legendary
not bad.. .i think the writing at the top needs to be more visible. maybe it could have yellow outline..

also maybe fit in "Crypto Currency" - (maybe 'obtainable by harvesting in a game like world')

Alrighty! Here's version 2 of our 300x250 Ad

good motivation and enthusiasm - this is what Huntercoin needs Smiley
I agree Smiley

Might be better with facebook ads, targeting the correct people

"Work from Home" lol (or maybe that is the Clan/Corp/Guilds job)
legendary
not bad.. .i think the writing at the top needs to be more visible. maybe it could have yellow outline..

also maybe fit in "Crypto Currency" - (maybe 'obtainable by harvesting in a game like world')

I agree Smiley

Vast

I agree Smiley
legendary
anyone want to look at the boost errors when closing down the client on linux?

50 HUC bounty to fix
legendary

Vast
A new project has been launched

Description:
An Advertising campaign reaching over multiple networks to raise awareness of Huntercoin

More information can be found on the forum thread for this project here: Advertising Project for Huntercoin

If you're interested in being a part of this project we need an Artist for creating 300x250, 160x600, and 728x90 banners.

good work

Thanks snailbrain! You created a wonderful piece of software Smiley
Currently 47/100 HUC for starting the testing phase of the advertising campaign.

Here's the first ad created for the campaign
legendary

Description:
An Advertising campaign reaching over multiple networks to raise awareness of Huntercoin

More information can be found on the forum thread for this project here: Advertising Project for Huntercoin

If you're interested in being a part of this project we need an Artist for creating 300x250, 160x600, and 728x90 banners.

good work
Vast

Description:

legendary
So, Snail, that means, APPROX 3 coins, per red section on the map per hour. approx, assuming 1 block = 1 min.
0.55 coins / block = 0.55 x 60 = 33. 11 Red sections per 1/4 of the map = 3 coins per red section per 1/4 of the map?

What about the other colours?

For instance the outer edge areas (orange) and the light-blue coloured sections on the way towards the middle?

0.55 Red x4 = 2.2
0.4 Cyan x4 = 1.6
0.4 Yellow x4 = 1.6
0.4 Green x4 = 1.6
0.75 Gold/Yellow (all areas are combined) = 0.75
1 Central Pinkish Strip = 1

= 8.75

+ Crown of Fortune  = 0.25

+ Miner 1

=10

Please check - pretty sure i didn't make a mistake during design - i hope Smiley

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
So, Snail, that means, APPROX 3 coins, per red section on the map per hour. approx, assuming 1 block = 1 min.
0.55 coins / block = 0.55 x 60 = 33. 11 Red sections per 1/4 of the map = 3 coins per red section per 1/4 of the map?

What about the other colours?

For instance the outer edge areas (orange) and the light-blue coloured sections on the way towards the middle?
legendary
How can I create a new player from the command line? I tried name_new "name" , then I tried name_firstupdate but I cannot seem to get it to work? any help thanks?

check with namecoin (wiki)

and check block explorer for example first updates
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
How can I create a new player from the command line? I tried name_new "name" , then I tried name_firstupdate but I cannot seem to get it to work? any help thanks?
legendary
Every 5 minutes, my wallet is not responding. This makes it really frustrating. Spending a whole day setting up, to watch your wallet not respond on te crucial moment. Timing is everything in this game... And know it's impossible.

use printtoconsole=1

in huntercoin.conf

---

also make sure your harddrive has a lot of free space or not fragmented (use defraggler on the datadir)

No, Snailbrain, that won't solve the problem.  The problem is that Qt hangs during network events.  And with 4000 avatars we have a LOT of network events. Here are the solutions from the Qt developers:

http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq27-responsive-guis.html

Let me quote from the article:

"At QtCentre people come to us with the recurring problem of their GUIs freezing during long operations. The issue is not difficult to overcome but you can do it in many different ways, so I'd like to present a range of possible options that can be used depending on the situation you are dealing with."

"During the calculations (regardless of any usage of signals and slots) all event processing gets halted. As a result, the GUI is not refreshed, user input is not processed, network activity stops and timers don't fire—the application looks like it's frozen and, in fact, the part of it not related to the time-intensive task is frozen."

"...(a) variation is when a program has to trigger some activity (for instance a network download) and wait for it to be completed before continuing to the next step of the algorithm."

And that is OUR problem.  If you run the client in Qt Creator you will see that it freezes whenever there is a network event in the output of the compiler. But there are solutions:

"This variation of the problem is, in itself, easy to avoid when using Qt because most of the asynchronous tasks performed by the framework emit a signal when they have finished doing their job, and you can connect it to a slot that will continue the algorithm."

The article gives the actual code that is needed.  You need to talk to thecoder.

Sorry, but telling people to add "printtoconsole=1" to huntercoin.conf will not work. Smiley

he can read don't worry Smiley

p.s. i have no issues with the windows client, with linux client running in a vmware simultaneously on the same machine..

not saying the issue you are talking about doesn't exist Smiley

and if people are getting insane hard disk activity.. printtoconsole will and does help - although maybe the qt is locking up for the reason you suggest also.. .be patient Smiley

response to your last post :

Location of Harvest Areas

and places where the crown can reset (purple circles)

and how many coins a day, appears to places marked in red?

they are split into the 4 sections.. the red area spawns a coin once per block in one of the 4 sections: 0.55/block

to try to make that a bit more sense... assume the top left quadrant of red areas is 1 "section", 0.55 coins will drop in one of those red areas, in each section, per block.
Jump to: