Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 295. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Vast
Hi there!
A little update on what i'm doing!!

i've decided to implement the chat sistem splitting message based on team colour, (first chan will group all (general))

more to come!

This is amazing! I can't wait to see more. The mini map feature is brilliant broski.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Location of Harvest Areas

and places where the crown can reset (purple circles)

and how many coins a day, appears to places marked in red?
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Every 5 minutes, my wallet is not responding. This makes it really frustrating. Spending a whole day setting up, to watch your wallet not respond on te crucial moment. Timing is everything in this game... And know it's impossible.

use printtoconsole=1

in huntercoin.conf

---

also make sure your harddrive has a lot of free space or not fragmented (use defraggler on the datadir)

No, Snailbrain, that won't solve the problem.  The problem is that Qt hangs during network events.  And with 4000 avatars we have a LOT of network events. Here are the solutions from the Qt developers:

http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq27-responsive-guis.html

Let me quote from the article:

"At QtCentre people come to us with the recurring problem of their GUIs freezing during long operations. The issue is not difficult to overcome but you can do it in many different ways, so I'd like to present a range of possible options that can be used depending on the situation you are dealing with."

"During the calculations (regardless of any usage of signals and slots) all event processing gets halted. As a result, the GUI is not refreshed, user input is not processed, network activity stops and timers don't fire—the application looks like it's frozen and, in fact, the part of it not related to the time-intensive task is frozen."

"...(a) variation is when a program has to trigger some activity (for instance a network download) and wait for it to be completed before continuing to the next step of the algorithm."

And that is OUR problem.  If you run the client in Qt Creator you will see that it freezes whenever there is a network event in the output of the compiler. But there are solutions:

"This variation of the problem is, in itself, easy to avoid when using Qt because most of the asynchronous tasks performed by the framework emit a signal when they have finished doing their job, and you can connect it to a slot that will continue the algorithm."

The article gives the actual code that is needed.  You need to talk to thecoder.

Sorry, but telling people to add "printtoconsole=1" to huntercoin.conf will not work. Smiley
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
My Clearing Team post on www.huntercointalk.com (official fan forums for hunter coin and hopefully soon confirmed to be the official one!)

http://huntercointalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16&p=56#p56

Go have a read and make comments either there or here please.

Want/Need feedback.

Dave
Activity: 146
Merit: 111
Activity: 99
how i can write on wallet chat ?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Block Explorer Currently Bugged - showing some namecoin results

legendary
Every 5 minutes, my wallet is not responding. This makes it really frustrating. Spending a whole day setting up, to watch your wallet not respond on te crucial moment. Timing is everything in this game... And know it's impossible.

use printtoconsole=1

in huntercoin.conf

---

also make sure your harddrive has a lot of free space or not fragmented (use defraggler on the datadir)

Activity: 112
Every 5 minutes, my wallet is not responding. This makes it really frustrating. Spending a whole day setting up, to watch your wallet not respond on the crucial moment. Timing is everything in this game... And now it's impossible.
Activity: 476
Heehee
1huc a minute with a bunch of players + my bot.
Only problem is I keep getting blown up when I got back to base. On to writing an intelligent moving algo...
Activity: 490
that would be a cool thing to build a coin with an OS framework facilitating bot writing, where all the transactions aspects would be facilitated and people being focused on programming a strategy into their bots.
"WarBot" coin, still erf lot of dev ahead... nevermind...
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
lol complaining about bots? seriously?

I think it would take a TON more effort to write a bot for this then to just to spend a few minutes and a few clicks to pwn.

I have a few bot hunters (and I really mean few, less than 10, just for fun) running, and while it wasn't really hard to write them (they are indeed very stupid and I don't plan to invest more time to make them more intelligent), you are right that they make very little coins as of recently (was much better in the early days, though).  With a few minutes of manual play I make almost as much.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
lol complaining about bots? seriously?

I think it would take a TON more effort to write a bot for this then to just to spend a few minutes and a few clicks to pwn.
legendary
Probably a silly question but if I close the wallet, will my human miners disappear?

Hunters*, no, unless someone kills you.. also don't forget it will need to sync when it restarts (i.e. catch back up to the current block)

Appreciate the quick reply.

How close do you have to be to acquire a coin?

you need to stand on top of it .. then you need to take it back to the spawn area (the coloured strip) to cash it into your "normal" wallet.... alive Cheesy

I've been trying to get some coins lately >> Human Mining Difficulty is Extremely High Smiley

I have found that the best way to get coins, is to rob people Smiley

the only secure way for make money is get the crown and place a bot at the entrance for kill all ... easy and secure...
oh wait... is already in that way...
so this options can't work :-P

snail u said "send an army and enter in the base"
u have tried it?
try it and after we can talk :-P i tried 5-6 times ... but the crown is still here and safe... no chance for enter...

1 guy can't do it...

If you want an item that can potentially make you thousands of dollars (crown of fortune), you will need to work as a team and attack with a total of 100 or even 500 HUCs worth of players.

I think it could be done with 100 easily.. all the yellows are crowded together.. generals destroy a massive area btw
now is the best oportunity to buy huge amount of HUC ! how i can write on wallet chat ?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Interesting! Watching.
it is quite interesting! Smiley

I like a game idea!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Probably a silly question but if I close the wallet, will my human miners disappear?

Hunters*, no, unless someone kills you.. also don't forget it will need to sync when it restarts (i.e. catch back up to the current block)

you need to stand on top of it .. then you need to take it back to the spawn area (the coloured strip) to cash it into your "normal" wallet.... alive Cheesy

I've been trying to get some coins lately >> Human Mining Difficulty is Extremely High Smiley

the only secure way for make money is get the crown and place a bot at the entrance for kill all ... easy and secure...
oh wait... is already in that way...
so this options can't work :-P

snail u said "send an army and enter in the base"
u have tried it?
try it and after we can talk :-P i tried 5-6 times ... but the crown is still here and safe... no chance for enter...
legendary

lool . how much stupid can you be to kill 2 human who have 0 Coins ? Idiots people !
Activity: 288

Jump to: