Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 298. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Hi there!
A little update on what i'm doing!!

i've decided to implement the chat sistem splitting message based on team colour, (first chan will group all (general))

more to come!

this is great..

how will it get gamestate? (fast)

you will use rpc commands to move the hunters? or is a visualization only?
Chat is seperate system or using the built in system? or visualization only?

If you complete this well we will give a bounty.. send PM if you need any information

i sent you another pm yesterday, btw i will use the deamon to perform operations, i'd like to build this as a full gaming client
I don't want to implement full wallet with encrypt and so on (there is no need to tho this to play since an unencrypted wallet has to be used), and transfer to other address (or maybe something later to be able to organize alliance and split income, would be cool), anyway i'll try to do everything is possible when you are on "Game" tab on official wallet (and a lot more Cheesy)

If I've question i'll write to you in PM

P.S.
about getting gamestate fast, i think that i'll keep polling fast to the deamon current block (game state doesn't change till next block come, right?) and then i'll ask game_state to refresh the map

chat will be the internal one, i want to have a repo of the current game before adding new features (but i'd like to have an off/game chat or maybe some voip integration, who knows)

targeting bounty   Cool

getting game state fast:
it's not really fast enough to use game_getstate,the live map view does the rpc every 1 minute http://192.81.209.210:3000/  faster seemed to be unstable

but..
we will add writing the gamestate to a file soon Smiley

Hi Snailbrain

I finally decided to modify the client, to see if I could speed it up.

In line 736 of db.cpp

Code:
        if (nLastFlushed != nWalletDBUpdated && GetTime() - nLastWalletUpdate >= 20)

As you can see, I changed that last 2 to 20.  So instead of flushing the wallet every minute (and taking HALF a minute to do so) the client now flushes every 10 minutes.

Dramatic increase in playability!  (For me, at least).

Not much we can do with the syncing, I suppose.  The updateWallet routine runs after every new block is received, and that takes its time.

Perhaps thecoder could look at this, and include it in 1.0.06.

much appreciated - will pass it on

-----

Snailbrain, when can we expect to see a Mac client?

Maxpower is having trouble compiling it atm.. will keep you updated

-------

We are impressed by the amount of people working on Huntercoin projects or just helping out..

<3

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Snailbrain, when can we expect to see a Mac client?
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Hi Snailbrain

I finally decided to modify the client, to see if I could speed it up.

In line 736 of db.cpp

Code:
       if (nLastFlushed != nWalletDBUpdated && GetTime() - nLastWalletUpdate >= 20)

As you can see, I changed that last 2 to 20.  So instead of flushing the wallet every minute (and taking HALF a minute to do so) the client now flushes every 10 minutes.

Dramatic increase in playability!  (For me, at least).

Not much we can do with the syncing, I suppose.  The updateWallet routine runs after every new block is received, and that takes its time.

Perhaps thecoder could look at this, and include it in 1.0.06.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Hi there!

i've decided to implement the chat sistem splitting message based on team colour, (first chan will group all (general))

more to come!

this is great..

If you complete this well we will give a bounty.. send PM if you need any information

i sent you another pm yesterday, btw i will use the deamon to perform operations, i'd like to build this as a full gaming client
I don't want to implement full wallet with encrypt and so on (there is no need to tho this to play since an unencrypted wallet has to be used), and transfer to other address (or maybe something later to be able to organize alliance and split income, would be cool), anyway i'll try to do everything is possible when you are on "Game" tab on official wallet (and a lot more Cheesy)

If I've question i'll write to you in PM

P.S.
about getting gamestate fast, i think that i'll keep polling fast to the deamon current block (game state doesn't change till next block come, right?) and then i'll ask game_state to refresh the map

chat will be the internal one, i want to have a repo of the current game before adding new features (but i'd like to have an off/game chat or maybe some voip integration, who knows)

targeting bounty   Cool
legendary
Easywinbuilder should now work.. courtesy of Phelix (namecoin dev)

so you can compile the daemon on windows more easily

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
I have problem on wallet after open wallet says: Warning: Displayed tranzactions may not correct! You may need upgrade,or other nodes may need to updgraded! WTF? i have v 1.05 ..i have conf with nodes! Any solution..?

how many times do you have to post this message Smiley

RE-DOWNLOAD the Blockchain

delete all except wallet.dat and huntercoin.conf

then download.. do not end client when it is downloading, it will be unresponsive, but you need to wait. It may take a few hours.

Otherwise get an SSD to download fast.

Ohhh ya!!!!!! Syncronization again !! I like THIIIIIIS! i don't have SSD sincronization almost 10-12 hours nice gift  Roll Eyes

Then next time backup your full data dir
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
The concept of this is absolutely fantastic.

Question, though. Once you've acquired coins how to you send them to your wallet within the game? Do you need to move to a certain area? Spawn spot?

Yes, move to your base and walk into the spawn strip to send the coins to your wallet.

Thanks.

I died twice and no idea why. Apparently, you can't stay in your spawn area the entire time, haha....
Activity: 28
I have problem on wallet after open wallet says: Warning: Displayed tranzactions may not correct! You may need upgrade,or other nodes may need to updgraded! WTF? i have v 1.05 ..i have conf with nodes! Any solution..?

then download.. do not end client when it is downloading, it will be unresponsive, but you need to wait. It may take a few hours.

Ohhh ya!!!!!! Syncronization again !! I like THIIIIIIS! i don't have SSD sincronization almost 10-12 hours nice gift  Roll Eyes
legendary

Activity: 146
Merit: 111
unfortunatelly the coin has 0 press release, no PR guy, you can't develop like this

need PR guy!!!  Wink
Activity: 28
Activity: 308
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Hi there!

more to come!

This is amazing! I will certainly use this when its available.
Activity: 26
There are no pools available ?
legendary
Hi there!

more to come!

this is great..

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Hi there!

more to come!
legendary
Yo Snailbrain,

How's the bugfix going my man? Getting tired of having to restart constantly........ Wink

Any news?  Grin

you're mining with p2pool now?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Yo Snailbrain,

How's the bugfix going my man? Getting tired of having to restart constantly........ Wink

Any news?  Grin
legendary
 "difficulty_sha256d" : 70122766.67323373
   "difficulty_scrypt" : 200.28842940
legendary
It should at least worth arround 0,015 now, i think in future (aprox 3 months) It should be arround 0,02 - 0,10 per HUNTCOIN

I think the coin is def. undervalued right now and is considerably better than some other recent alt coins...but 0.1 BTC is a little high. 0.01-0.02 sounds more realistic. And yeah the coin needs more promotion atm, being available on a major exchange should do that. Hopefully we will see one of the major exchanges pick it up soon.

there is nothing stopping it being 1:1 btc  Smiley

no need to worry about the price, just get coins, sell or keep

asking people not to sell (or to sell) doesn't work ...

If the value goes up, the strats/gameplay will change...

Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
It should at least worth arround 0,015 now, i think in future (aprox 3 months) It should be arround 0,02 - 0,10 per HUNTCOIN

I think the coin is def. undervalued right now and is considerably better than some other recent alt coins...but 0.1 BTC is a little high. 0.01-0.02 sounds more realistic. And yeah the coin needs more promotion atm, being available on a major exchange should do that. Hopefully we will see one of the major exchanges pick it up soon.
Jump to: