Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 390. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 378
Welp, I think i'm done here until things get resolved. I have tried on 3 different Windows machines (maybe those who are having luck are Linux?). These are all good computers, plenty of speed, disk space and memory (lowest is 8GB). Wallets can't synch, they get about 3/4 done and crash/freeze. Even on my gaming rig, same thing happens. On both Win 7/8, 64 bit.

If you look at the Resource Monitor when it's trying to synch, it's pretty bad... the CPU usage spikes pretty high 40-70% for me and the disk usage is absurd compared to other wallets. This thing does not seem to be tested very well on PC, at least for me these are the results. I don't see how it will be usable even if it synchs.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
i'm on block 4705

is this up to date?
listen up and listen good, do not mine with wallet it will fork. use huntercoind to mine with the -rescan option it will take a little to resync but it works, just leave settings as they are for wallet close wallet open a cmd from the wallet directory and run huntercoind.exe -rescan, it will resync just check debug.log and you will see, after resync is done connect the miners and it will work

I tried syncing with just huntercoind a couple times, and it always just gets stuck on 2817

Code:
rpcuser=dsa
rpcpassword=asd
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=8399
server=1
listen=1
algo=scrypt

that's my conf, do not add nodes, it will chose from it's nodes.
also do not open your wallet if your miners are getting work, and your huntercoind is open you are mining and you are/will be getting blocks.
listen up and listen good, do not mine with wallet it will fork. use huntercoind to mine with the -rescan option it will take a little to resync but it works, just leave settings as they are for wallet close wallet open a cmd from the wallet directory and run huntercoind.exe -rescan, it will resync just check debug.log and you will see, after resync is done connect the miners and it will work

again this, people seem to ignore, I've posted a few pages ago and you still complain, mining on the huntcoind works, I checked the logs and the last block I found is on the block explorer so I am synched and on the right chain.

ok did that and all i get is cursor blinking....huntercoind.exe --rescan

it does not have output, use with single dash -rescan not double, then go to the roaming location and check the debug.log file open it see what the last lines are close it wait a few secs and open again, if there's something added to the log it's working, you should also hear your hdd working while it works, after it's finished syncing just start your miners and connect, it works just like the wallet based on the conf so if your setting were working they are still working.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

I tried syncing with just huntercoind a couple times, and it always just gets stuck on 2817
legendary
some one good with code look at source please. not sure why windows so slow. are we doing extra work on the side for op?

genuine question.
legendary
Activity: 924

again this, people seem to ignore, I've posted a few pages ago and you still complain, mining on the huntcoind works, I checked the logs and the last block I found is on the block explorer so I am synched and on the right chain.

ok did that and all i get is cursor blinking....huntercoind.exe -rescan
Activity: 271
I didn't find a block for a long time now. Am I on the right chain now?
legendary
solo mining pool keeps going down and then starting again...
Activity: 89
thanks, will give that a try

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I had 3 computers going, one SHA, two scrypt and all were on different forks. Very cool coin nonetheless. I will be watching this one's development closely.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
legendary
what is the highest block number people are on?
Can anyone possibly know that for sure.

Start all over again fresh. You will need to premine 10 blocks to make sure it's working.
legendary
The getpeerinfo method isn't in the code afaik.
Daft.....getpeerinfo is useful
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
The getpeerinfo method isn't in the code afaik.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
what is the highest block number people are on?
why getpeerinfo doesnt work?

how to get onto correct blockchain?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Jump to: