Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 57. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
wiggi,

whats your preferred donation address ?
Activity: 403
Merit: 251

Design of the zombies vs lemures arena, normal obstacle map will be used.

It's almost finished. With 20 critters alive on testnet, it looks rather empty. (and given how stupid they are, interactions are rare)
I guess 50-75 would be a good balance for this small section of the map.

The critters will compete with hunters for the old gem spawn (0.86 gems per day) and they will compete among themselves for the new gew spawn (4.8 gems per day)

A new creature is always spawned if an address in the adventurers.txt list receives >3000 coins. These coins can be immediately recycled to spawn more creatures.
Amount must end with the magic number "5501" but other than that, any amount would result in a valid critter. (offspring and random mutations ahoy!)

this list has also some stats for the critters
Code:
 Inventory (chronon  328727, testnet)
 ------------------------------------

(raw coin amount)
                                          hunter                         conjured           magic
storage vault key                           name      gems    outfit     creature  order    number   chronon   position  life  magicka

hd9Wpfswhp89MXaivoNnotbZeUzd3RbrA5          gaga      2.75          -      lemure  4035.0000 5501    328180    474,234    144       0

Setting the eight numbers in the "order" column is all you can do for a creature. This is the point (to demonstrate how to kill all botting and farming with fire)

The hunters here can be long dead. And for the start on mainnet at block 1400000 I can set up any address so that it's ready to go, and no interaction with hunters in the normal Huntercoin game is needed.
Just send me PM with an address.

I'll also come up with a technical description of what all the numbers actually do Wink

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi sir, do you need a portuguese translation to your thread?

I hit you a pm.

CYA

Again where to find the documentation regarding rules in the game?😂

I've actually been recommending his client to beginner players because of the tutorial inside. The core client has instructions at this link, but they're out of date, now. Mainly, generals are no longer a thing--they're all called Hunters--and destruct doesn't kill you, but instead drains surrounding hunters' life

sounds like a lot basic work to do

A technically accurat description of 90% of the current rules is in domob's GameLogicChanges.txt.

No, it's not a picture book for beginners.

Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Lets see how news will change price))

What "news" are you referring to?
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Important note in case some people don't know

just watching a battle near the centre..

someone got the crown and it seemed by the play style that they do not know that: You cannot Destruct when you are holding the Crown of Fortune.

Is it possible to have game rules documentation readable within the classic client? Actually I don't know where to find the uptodate play instructions. I heard that third party client like MM client have something like this. that's sweet!

I've actually been recommending his client to beginner players because of the tutorial inside. The core client has instructions at this link, but they're out of date, now. Mainly, generals are no longer a thing--they're all called Hunters--and destruct doesn't kill you, but instead drains surrounding hunters' life

I wouldn't say you can "plug and play" it yet, no. Mithril's client currently has that advantage, as well, except for the blockchain syncing time
Activity: 60
Merit: 0

someone got the crown and it seemed by the play style that they do not know that: You cannot Destruct when you are holding the Crown of Fortune.

Is it possible to have game rules documentation readable within the classic client? Actually I don't know where to find the uptodate play instructions. I heard that third party client like MM client have something like this. that's sweet!

legendary

If you had the power to change 5 rules (in a simple way), what would it be?

Thank you and sorry for the complaints. Huntercoin is a crypto project, and the token HUC except those gained in the game also mined as the way like bitcoin. So I see HUC as a cryptocurrency. In crypto world, not only huntercoin, if dev team has ablity to change protocols at will but not on consensus(of miners, coin holders, gamers specific for huntercoin), whatever the changes is valid or not it's not important, will scare everyone away from the project.
Was meant literally. Huntercoin has done it already 4 time and changing game rules (as opposed to the basics of the coin itself) regularly is better than leave it in an unfinished state.

When you play a round of the game what are the 5 most simple things that would improve it the most? Everyone must be either perfectly happy with the current state or have such a wish list. I have one...

That creature looks like a pumpkin head. Or is that a melon? WTF Cheesy
I always thought it was a darth something but it's not

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Lets see how news will change price))
legendary

This is a very interesting idea. Kind of like a game of life coin or something. Is it possible this could be implemented alongside HUC, or does it make more sense to launch a separate chain?

It was pretty easy to set up the skeleton of a game that will run on the Huntercoin blockchain alongside the normal game. It will look like this and I think will be playable at block 1400000.

While the creatures are named after hunters, these hunters can be long dead. (theoretically they could also be anons)

Things to choose when making a new critter: fireball range for the lemures but at exponentially increasing mana cost (they have a lifetime limit),
tendency of the zombies to teleport away (but this will also bring them away from the gems), and randomness of movement.

Basically the game is about guessing the population dynamics several hundred blocks in the future.

Once sent into battle there will be no way to control the creatures and they'll live out their lives (on the blockchain)

Compared to "Allow Standard Names in Huntercoin" (http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22249.0.html)
this is the pirate version. Doable right now and, of course, no 1000 Huc fee per name  Grin

That creature looks like a pumpkin head. Or is that a melon? WTF Cheesy

This is a very interesting idea. Kind of like a game of life coin or something. Is it possible this could be implemented alongside HUC, or does it make more sense to launch a separate chain?

It was pretty easy to set up the skeleton of a game that will run on the Huntercoin blockchain alongside the normal game. It will look like this and I think will be playable at block 1400000.

While the creatures are named after hunters, these hunters can be long dead. (theoretically they could also be anons)

Things to choose when making a new critter: fireball range for the lemures but at exponentially increasing mana cost (they have a lifetime limit),
tendency of the zombies to teleport away (but this will also bring them away from the gems), and randomness of movement.

Basically the game is about guessing the population dynamics several hundred blocks in the future.

Once sent into battle there will be no way to control the creatures and they'll live out their lives (on the blockchain)

Compared to "Allow Standard Names in Huntercoin" (http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22249.0.html)
this is the pirate version. Doable right now and, of course, no 1000 Huc fee per name  Grin

That's awesome, then, but where on the blockchain? Are you just inserting little markers for your client to interpret? My initial worry would be that this would bloat the system if you had AIs of greater complexity. I assumed the bots which plague our map currently live off-chain, given the number of responses and behaviors they must be programmed with.
The client only interprets the (blockchain chat) messages, and some regular "send coins" transactions. When I need "markers" then the method of choice is to have the client's open source code initialize gamestate variables at certain block heights. (to avoid preloading the gamestate with "secret" data)

Compared to the normal processing of tx's and game moves, there is no noticable performance impact.
(but betterQt client need an extra minute to start because the gamestate is pruned, would be 300MB to download if not)

I don't see any bot on the map, just human farmers (they probably use the stock version of Mithrilman's client)

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play.
Yes, this is very necessary.

I can't do rule changes. Only Snailbrain can do rule changes.

So, things like gems, chronoDollar or the AI market maker just using the existing framework, which is rather flexible (but not enough).

Current game rules reward being relentless in such an extreme way that the economic metagame (plus some other things) has choked normal
gameplay. (If someone don't believe this, just go out and play for several hours, win most fights with a kill to death ratio of 2:1, then look at your bottom line, and then guess your opponents bottom line!)

Thats why the game rules need to change asap, pruning is nice but by itself won't change a thing.

Thank you and sorry for the complaints. Huntercoin is a crypto project, and the token HUC except those gained in the game also mined as the way like bitcoin. So I see HUC as a cryptocurrency. In crypto world, not only huntercoin, if dev team has ablity to change protocols at will but not on consensus(of miners, coin holders, gamers specific for huntercoin), whatever the changes is valid or not it's not important, will scare everyone away from the project. imo Snailbrain and the dev team are all decent people, that's a proven fact after all work they.have been done.

Maybe naive but I do think the possibility of changing rules back to state when the game was created. It's may not a wise decision but certainy a safe one. And a attitude of respect of consensus as well.
That's awesome, then, but where on the blockchain? Are you just inserting little markers for your client to interpret? My initial worry would be that this would bloat the system if you had AIs of greater complexity. I assumed the bots which plague our map currently live off-chain, given the number of responses and behaviors they must be programmed with.
The client only interprets the (blockchain chat) messages, and some regular "send coins" transactions. When I need "markers" then the method of choice is to have the client's open source code initialize gamestate variables at certain block heights. (to avoid preloading the gamestate with "secret" data)

Compared to the normal processing of tx's and game moves, there is no noticable performance impact.
(but betterQt client need an extra minute to start because the gamestate is pruned, would be 300MB to download if not)

I don't see any bot on the map, just human farmers (they probably use the stock version of Mithrilman's client)

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play.
Yes, this is very necessary.

I can't do rule changes. Only Snailbrain can do rule changes.

So, things like gems, chronoDollar or the AI market maker just using the existing framework, which is rather flexible (but not enough).

Current game rules reward being relentless in such an extreme way that the economic metagame (plus some other things) has choked normal
gameplay. (If someone don't believe this, just go out and play for several hours, win most fights with a kill to death ratio of 2:1, then look at your bottom line, and then guess your opponents bottom line!)

Thats why the game rules need to change asap, pruning is nice but by itself won't change a thing.

If there is no one to play the game, then what is the meaning of changing the rules? As long as the blockchain can hold the capacity of players, the rules should aim to encourage people to play. Besides changing the game rules, pruning, bug fixing, etc. kind of job indeed very necessary and dev should get many credits because of it. They have been working all these for free after all.
legendary

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure).

Yes, it lives on the blockchain, or rather, all its data is saved there. If you start with an empty gamestate and replay the entire blockchain, then the marketmaker will be in exactly the same state as before. (for any given block height) There's also no server or similar for it, all calculations are done by the Huntercoin node.

Even so, however, we can always update protocol later once Huntercore is sorted out. I think these will be the types of features we'll be focused on. We are going to need to get your client an easy-to-install GUI for everyone, though. No plain text files allowed, sorry Tongue

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure).

Yes, it lives on the blockchain, or rather, all its data is saved there. If you start with an empty gamestate and replay the entire blockchain, then the marketmaker will be in exactly the same state as before. (for any given block height) There's also no server or similar for it, all calculations are done by the Huntercoin node.

I played well when in early 2014 and hundreds of people enjoying the game. Really disappointed to see no one playing in the game after 2 years' "DEVELOPMENT".
legendary
(*) the short in this case is a NPC (one with no visual representation in-game yet)
Code:
 CRD:GEM trader positions (chronon 1363027, mainnet)
 ---------------------------------------------------

hunter               chronoDollar   trade     trade  gems, not       long    bid    bid      ask     ask     short
storage vault key                    name          gems   position       price     P/L    at risk         risk    size   price    price   size    risk    flags

npc.marketmaker.zeSoKxK3rp3dX3it1Y   Sox'xiti    490.293      -210.00   0.0505    -1.296    458.187       0.00  205.00  0.0494  0.0515   94.00   30.60    bid: ok ask: ok

If you think about it, this could be the first AI in history who (and not just it's human masters) owns something, assuming code changes to steal his stuff are generally unacceptable, and Ether didn't have a bunch of these guys earlier.

This brings me to another question I've been meaning to ask, which is: where does the AI live? I feel that for us to consider it a truly autonomous entity, it must live on the blockchain, with its code in the messages or something like that (or another decentralized structure). I think it's good that we can use AI bots to make NPC characters to flesh out the Huntercoin world with, and that it's OK to have them on someone's computer/server until we can upgrade the core protocol further, but long-term we should want the world to be as decentralized as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: