Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 61. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
wow a browser based huntercoin game would be awesome .!!!!

i don't kknow i don't have any coins yet and i am instead focusing on motocoin now .

but if it was in a browser it would be awesome.!!!!

how much btc would be exactly needed for doing that , i can design a free bounty based donation kind of website which we can post to forums which lets them donate to the project.

i would need your info for that please feel free to message me , also we can start a new topic to get bounty donations for that ...

Feel free to message me , i am looking forward to the browser based version .!!!

you need to have a bitcoin address and a secure 2- step set up wallet for that , for you to handle the finances.

I think with some advertising and some hunter coin enthusiasts donating you could start it up in no time.

I'm not sure how much BTC exactly is required to incentivize someone to do that, but if you want to make a webpage to promote the idea, we'll get you a donation address for the bounty ASAP. You could also make a page for it on huntercoin.org... we could always use more work there
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress
wow a browser based huntercoin game would be awesome .!!!!

i don't kknow i don't have any coins yet and i am instead focusing on motocoin now .

but if it was in a browser it would be awesome.!!!!

how much btc would be exactly needed for doing that , i can design a free bounty based donation kind of website which we can post to forums which lets them donate to the project.

i would need your info for that please feel free to message me , also we can start a new topic to get bounty donations for that ...

Feel free to message me , i am looking forward to the browser based version .!!!

you need to have a bitcoin address and a secure 2- step set up wallet for that , for you to handle the finances.

I think with some advertising and some hunter coin enthusiasts donating you could start it up in no time.
legendary

Patience, bro, where do you get all this energy from?!  Cheesy

Regarding your now-deleted idea: we do have a marketing fund set up, thanks to SnailBrain and a generous community member. I have been tapping into it here and there, like to incentivize cryptocurrency bloggers and do little contests. I think another contest would be cool if we can guarantee some new participants--I don't want a Ken Jennings situation where the winner from CoinFest's Huntercoin Challenge comes back and takes the prize again. We're open to ideas

Regarding your new idea: I think that's a great idea, and would love to start collecting a bounty for something like that. I don't think it requires too much development; it requires a server, and the willingness to be responsible for people's wallets. It could also be monetized via tiny fees in BTC->HUC conversion and maybe gameplay, making the bounty even more attractive to claim

We get back to the original problem though. I totally empathize with Osya the Russian trying to get people to understand that the game is not playable. We can send every person on every computer on the planet to play Huntercoin as it is, and still within a few months you will only have a few people and bots. How do I communicate this clearly?

A game anybody can actually play, even if it is a simple version of Hunter. Right now the game is for a small group of people, and excludes almost everybody. Most people on the planet cannot afford the entry fee, the knowledge required to learn the game, etc. I was not able to figure out how to play the game after hours of trying, and had to get some more 'gamer' types to try it for me, and they politely said it sucked. I am not a stupid person, even if I am slow. If I can't play the game most people probably can't.

Again and again and again, this coin has more potential than almost any other coin. Huntercoin has a humble developmental attitude, good ethics, a fascinating history. The only thing it lacks is a game that anybody can actually play. So hopefully if a website version is made, financed by a bounty initially, then perhaps in a longer term more sustainable way by one of the methods you mention, there will be a more effective motivation to open the coin to more people.

Yes, we know. The question is how to fix the issue. Tongue If you wish to start a bounty for the purpose of a browser version of Huntercoin, I will facilitate that
legendary
Is there a webwallet or something similiar in the making? I honestly can't stand waiting time and have given up.

A Huntercoin website would be nice that allowed people to hear about Huntercoin and be mining within 5 minutes.  Grin  Wink

Would sure be awesome if there was embeddable javascript for websites who wanted to act like a source to host the blockchain for this game and make it so people could go to a website and start playing without having to download the blockchain or trust 3rd party code that isn't open source.

Yes yes yes!

Are they in the making? A bounty set up for them? I'll send my HUC to whoever is doing that. Can't use them now anyway Smiley

I don't think a bounty will be needed for this ...

Try another approach.  Cheesy

How about a bounty for the first website that allows people to play online without downloading anything?

Eventually that will lead to more and simpler games, however circuitously.

Patience, bro, where do you get all this energy from?!  Cheesy

Regarding your now-deleted idea: we do have a marketing fund set up, thanks to SnailBrain and a generous community member. I have been tapping into it here and there, like to incentivize cryptocurrency bloggers and do little contests. I think another contest would be cool if we can guarantee some new participants--I don't want a Ken Jennings situation where the winner from CoinFest's Huntercoin Challenge comes back and takes the prize again. We're open to ideas

Regarding your new idea: I think that's a great idea, and would love to start collecting a bounty for something like that. I don't think it requires too much development; it requires a server, and the willingness to be responsible for people's wallets. It could also be monetized via tiny fees in BTC->HUC conversion and maybe gameplay, making the bounty even more attractive to claim

legendary

I actually prefer for SnailBrain to handle bounties. He's the founder, and also, I always find it too tempting to trade with the coins. I'm less wealthy than you think I am.  Tongue

edit
 Whoever holds the bounty is fine.  I'll chip in .02 btc and 2000 HUC and as long as any work done is open source, available to other devs or other projects, the bounty could develop some serious interest as cryptospreader said.

I'm sure a solution exists.

I don't think this is the case. In order to eliminate bots for a game-based blockchain you need to design a game that meets two criteria:

1) Bots can't "win" the game, or if they can earn some coins, it has to be many orders of magnitude less than a human playing the same game, otherwise someone can just run thousands of bots, right? You basically need a game version of the Turing test.

2) You need to have a game that, although bots suck at it, the results must be able to be easily and quickly verified by a computer. This is another wrinkle that makes point #1 much harder to achieve.

Afaik, a solution does not exist, and if you came up with one you'd probably be some kind of laureate or at least have a cushy CS professorship at MIT or something.

I can suggest these devs can combine a joint huge bounty to hunt for open source solution to feed these concerns. A lot of people will compete.

... The more you know, the more you can make strategic plans that would never occur to a bot. ...

Sorry I didn't answer this earlier... I was on a mobile device, and trying to do a lot of things at once.

I think I'm willing to hold the bounty, actually. The thing is, I feel that you underestimate the dev work required to make such a game bot proof. Even 1 BTC would be a relatively small compensation for the task. We will need to see vastly more support before anyone bothers to claim it... I'm curious how many other people echo your feelings, though
legendary

I actually prefer for SnailBrain to handle bounties. He's the founder, and also, I always find it too tempting to trade with the coins. I'm less wealthy than you think I am.  Tongue

Didn't the founder actually die? Not trying to be pedantic, but I would go with maintainer or lead developer or something.

Edit: http://huntercoin.org/information/mikhail-sindeyev/

I think SnailBrain actually came up with the concept, but Mikhail was extremely influential and productive, as he was with Namecoin. That's why Namecoin development is stalled. Truly a great loss for everyone

If you're worried about buying a living guy's coin, though, I wouldn't be. What small premine HUC had was also lost with Mikhail's passing, as he also was managing that. This project is therefore as open to you as it is to any of us. I doubt either he or I are the biggest HUC holders, right now.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Didn't the founder actually die? Not trying to be pedantic, but I would go with maintainer or lead developer or something.

Edit: http://huntercoin.org/information/mikhail-sindeyev/
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

I actually prefer for SnailBrain to handle bounties. He's the founder, and also, I always find it too tempting to trade with the coins. I'm less wealthy than you think I am.  Tongue

I thought the namecoin founder also founded this coin.  And he's dead. 

Is that not the case?  I don't wanna buy some living guy's coin. 
legendary

I don't think this is the case. In order to eliminate bots for a game-based blockchain you need to design a game that meets two criteria:

1) Bots can't "win" the game, or if they can earn some coins, it has to be many orders of magnitude less than a human playing the same game, otherwise someone can just run thousands of bots, right? You basically need a game version of the Turing test.

2) You need to have a game that, although bots suck at it, the results must be able to be easily and quickly verified by a computer. This is another wrinkle that makes point #1 much harder to achieve.

Afaik, a solution does not exist, and if you came up with one you'd probably be some kind of laureate or at least have a cushy CS professorship at MIT or something.

I can suggest these devs can combine a joint huge bounty to hunt for open source solution to feed these concerns. A lot of people will compete.

Maybe it would be easier for btc co op to handle a bounty since he's done bounties in the past and is widely known.

I actually prefer for SnailBrain to handle bounties. He's the founder, and also, I always find it too tempting to trade with the coins. I'm less wealthy than you think I am.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Snailbrain, et al,

How many total individual gamers do you guys have?  How many are active? 

Thx!
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Thanks! the OP should be update the addnodes went from 2 connections to over 9 Smiley

Icon

legendary
In a decentralized game, you can't hide portions of the gamestate. If the game is designed to be decentralized, the gamestate can be made to contain as little information as possible (enemies spawn only at FoV perimeter and despawn if not visible for X turns, items in containers spawn only if opened etc)

If the game is off the shelf with only minimal modifications, then players would have clairvoyance from the start and know everything the gamestate knows. I don't think this makes the gap between human and bot performance smaller. The more you know, the more you can make strategic plans that would never occur to a bot. You "see" if a specific level or area is worth cleaning out or not when every turn counts.

Otoh, there has never been a monetary incentive for making such a bot, and I've not yet seen a bot that would do systematic savescumming every time it thinks the RNG made a decision that is less than optimal. No one knows how good these buggers get if coin can be won.

That is a good point re: only spawn enemies or items in FoV. Ultimately though, if significant money is at stake, I think bots will be developed that outperform humans.
Has anyone got any full nodes up and running i got the list of addnodes from OP on first page and still only showing 2 connections  Sad

Icon

addnode=178.32.31.41
addnode=178.62.17.234
addnode=192.81.209.210
addnode=192.99.247.234
addnode=192.241.222.65
Thought i would chime in, has anyone considered adding or changing Huntercoin from POW to POS or both Smiley that way us bag holders could make some huc while we wait hours to travel the map... Also would not have to depend on 1 pool or a few smaller pools as our workhorses to move the blocks down the line.

Icon

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
The standard example of a un-bottable game would be Nethack, but it takes at least some hours + expert skills to solve.
(result is also a bunch of keystrokes, quickly verified by a computer)

If the game is simpler (but still a turn based "roguelike" game) and bots can win, they need less time than a human, but more game turns.
Example: Angband bot, if very lucky: 10.000.000 turns, Human expert: 50.000 turns

How can you have a roguelike game on the blockchain and not pass the entire gamestate to the client(s)? And if the client knows the entire gamestate, isn't it trivial to construct a bot that wins rapidly? If you want to design an interactive faucet, ok, roguelikes that only reveal a small portion of the gamestate are fine (I'm actually working on one myself for myriadcoin here http://dungeon.myrcraft.com/ using sockets.io to only transmit the part of the gamestate that the player can "see"), but to have a truly decentralized game, how can you hide portions of the gamestate that would make it unbottable?

In a decentralized game, you can't hide portions of the gamestate. If the game is designed to be decentralized, the gamestate can be made to contain as little information as possible (enemies spawn only at FoV perimeter and despawn if not visible for X turns, items in containers spawn only if opened etc)

If the game is off the shelf with only minimal modifications, then players would have clairvoyance from the start and know everything the gamestate knows. I don't think this makes the gap between human and bot performance smaller. The more you know, the more you can make strategic plans that would never occur to a bot. You "see" if a specific level or area is worth cleaning out or not when every turn counts.

Otoh, there has never been a monetary incentive for making such a bot, and I've not yet seen a bot that would do systematic savescumming every time it thinks the RNG made a decision that is less than optimal. No one knows how good these buggers get if coin can be won.

Btw, to clarify: "gamestate" here has nothing to do with the Huntercoin gamestate, right? Only the collected player input (2000 or so keystrokes) would be part of it, until it gets replayed by an encapsulated part of the Huntercoin client (which may mostly consist of the original off the shelf game code). The result of the replaying (just "ok" or "invalid") is also saved in Huntercoin gamestate until reward is paid to the winner with the shortest string of keystrokes.

edit: quickly verified by a computer == CPU budget would be a few microseconds per turn, or <100 milliseconds per game replay, and the code must be trusted to not crash

legendary
When I stated that a solution probably exists, I was thinking very long term. In the future, blockchains will all be more advanced as well as more integrated with one another. We could do things like have AI designed to detect bots, and run them off-chain in partnership with some other decentralized platform if that proved intractable to do directly. I think there are also blockchains designed to obfuscate the data they contain--for example, MaidSafe/DECENT/Storj do that just for protocol security/data integrity purposes--such that a captcha system could be feasible.

For now, though, I think we need to stick with gameplay that cannot easily be gamed by bots. A move timer accomplishes that pretty effectively. I think there are other ways in the context of multiplayer games, as well--a human opponent forces the bot to play at normal speed, instead of winning the game every millisecond and raking up coins.
legendary
The standard example of a un-bottable game would be Nethack, but it takes at least some hours + expert skills to solve.

If the game is simpler (but still a turn based "roguelike" game) and bots can win, they need less time than a human, but more game turns.
Example: Angband bot, if very lucky: 10.000.000 turns, Human expert: 50.000 turns

How can you have a roguelike game on the blockchain and not pass the entire gamestate to the client(s)? And if the client knows the entire gamestate, isn't it trivial to construct a bot that wins rapidly? If you want to design an interactive faucet, ok, roguelikes that only reveal a small portion of the gamestate are fine (I'm actually working on one myself for myriadcoin here http://dungeon.myrcraft.com/ using sockets.io to only transmit the part of the gamestate that the player can "see"), but to have a truly decentralized game, how can you hide portions of the gamestate that would make it unbottable?

I'm also sure a solution exists. (One that could be of actual use for Huntercoin)

(*) my assumptions, didn't play or do source diving.

Motocoin uses block hash (*) to seed the RNG for creating a level, and when the first player has solved it, they submit the result: the complete player input,
keystrokes (*) with timestamps (*) measured in terms of ticks of the game's physics engine (*). Verifying a block means replaying the level to see if the submitted player input solves the level.

If the game is too short (same turn based "roguelike" game) then bots can simply try every possible action and brute force (if it's possible to win in ~100 turns)
Example: You start as high level char in the deepest Angband dungeon level, but stripped of every possession: try to escape as fast as possible.

Huntercoin doesn't need the result for the next block, it could create a random "instanced area" once per day, hunters that would enter this area would be alone, playing a (local) single player game against (deterministic) computer controlled monsters. Only after winning, results get posted to the blockchain, and only after the day is over, the fastest winner (in terms of game turns) get coins. (game turns != Huntercoin blocks)

The number of game turns would have a (not too low) target value, fast win today == extra nasty dragons tomorrow.

legendary

+1

But how would the development be structured if there is just one client, etc? It sounds sort of like the development of capchas, where there is a constant ongoing war between people paid to enforce the integrity of the "human factor", and those who profit from automating a process to outsmart it. In this context, it needs a 'game', or some variable in the game, that humans can learn faster than bots, right?

One of the biggest problems with developing this kind of thing is the motivation to equate "low income workers" with bots.

A coin has the potential to accomplish the rare feat of "profiting" by outsourcing its earning potential to poor countries, but that is perceived as harmful to the coin, when it is actually not. If, for example, HUC were able to 'outsource' all of its human mining to people in poor countries then of course nobody in rich countries would 'mine' HUC, but the algorithm would be producing more "info", more "product" than coins that maintained the exclusivity of their mining to wealthier miners. Productivity of the algorithm, market cap, would sky rocket but there would be no 'human miners' except in poor countries. 

It's not exactly the same as captchas, because for a captcha there is a human setting the correct answer. This isn't really feasible for HUC, because if there was a human setting the correct answer in the code, anyway can look at the code and see what the correct answer(s) is(are) and program their bot(s) accordingly. I think it's really an intractable problem to create something that humans are far better than bots at, can be quickly verified by a computer, and the entire thing contained in open source code that anyone can check.

That is not quite correct - the client is not graphical at all (also not Windows-based if you mean that) and does not use Qt.  It is just like the Bitcoin Core daemon client (bitcoind) and like the old huntercoind.

That's actually already present - Huntercoin Core includes the Qt UI of Bitcoin Core, which is fully functional (same in Namecoin).  So you can use it to manage your coins (without playing) from there, or use the console window - this may make it straight-forward for you to rebase your gaming UI onto it.

to clean up the confusion, on a new Linux (tested with Mint18 in a VM) the build process for Huntercore is exactly the same as for Bitcoin. Installed dependencies decide of whether the Qt-client is made:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-gui=qt5 --with-incompatible-bdb
make

Need right-click on desktop|Create Launcher to execute the resulting /home/workgroup/huntercore-master/src/qt/huntercoin-qt
(default working dir is .huntercoin but should probably be .huntercore)

To work with the pruned blockchain from http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622
it needs a huntercoin.conf to get connections and to not insist on reindexing which would take almost as long as chain download, e.g.
Code:
prune=550
addnode=192.168.178.22

It really exists. Huntercore-Qt (with qt5, capable of autodetecting and using all kinds of GPUs)

Awesome Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: