Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 59. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

A link to download here can not be put?

I think you'll have to build latest version from source https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore
(can be done exactly the same way as with latest Bitcoin-Qt)

Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Huntercore for testing is here (for a while)

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622

for it to be released we need more people to test.

my current findings are that name_list causes crashes - at least with a pruned chain, i don't think I've tested with an unpruned chain so this could be related.
this isn't unity related as it happens in the huntercore QT console window, at least on windows.
It seems intermittent but happens a lot - i noticed first using the unity clent and huntercore debug.log the last rpc is always name_list.. further testing in the console window repeated the issue (intermittently, but enough for it to happen over a few minutes - doing game_getstate and other commands mixed in between seemed to speed up the crash)

I will check the latest release, and build for windows, along with linux and test some more.

If people could help test and report their findings then that would speed things up.

A link to download here can not be put?
Why does the network stop?
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Thanks snail but the links you provided are for the pruned blockchain, not the actual new Qt version Smiley

Didn't know if that is what you meant to link too anyways Smiley

Icon

PS

that name_call thingy might be a bug/problem due to not having a complete blockchain to index the older names/whatever, prune blockchains only have ~ 2 weeks of data, and when accessing something older then whats in the blockchain it was sync to could cause a d/c..

IMO Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Huntercore for testing is here (for a while)

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622

for it to be released we need more people to test.

my current findings are that name_list causes crashes - at least with a pruned chain, i don't think I've tested with an unpruned chain so this could be related.
this isn't unity related as it happens in the huntercore QT console window, at least on windows.
It seems intermittent but happens a lot - i noticed first using the unity clent and huntercore debug.log the last rpc is always name_list.. further testing in the console window repeated the issue (intermittently, but enough for it to happen over a few minutes - doing game_getstate and other commands mixed in between seemed to speed up the crash)

I will check the latest release, and build for windows, along with linux and test some more.

If people could help test and report their findings then that would speed things up.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
I was waiting to publicize Huntercore until the name_list issue was fixed, with the understanding that the beta would be pretty much over with that done. I'm hoping you guys testing it now don't find any new bugs, but we have to encourage you to look, anyways.  Embarrassed  I'll bother snailbrain to get ITT, because I don't know how to get on Huntercore, either... managing too many cryptocurrency projects, already. Apologies!
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
I'll try the new QT if you can tell me if Snailbrains Unity client will still work with 0.13 version also ever since i added more nodes to the original 1.3.01 qt not had a single disconnect or anything, that was my major issue running it before getting d/c all the time.

Snailbrain reported an issue that the client sometimes crashes on name_list - which apparently happens quite frequently running beneath the Unity Client.  I haven't yet had time to reproduce or debug this, but hope to do that soon.  So you can try it, but may run into that issue.

care to provide a direct download link to the latest qt beta build cant seem to find it Sad

Unfortunately I don't have any builds, but you may ask snailbrain - I think he has.  Not sure if there's already an official download link for that.  Maybe he wants to fix the name_list issue first (but I'll leave that to him).
Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Hey domob - Huntercoin Core is still just in test phases, correct? Any idea when it'll be ready for prime time? Thanks a lot for all of your continued hard work on it.

Consider it beta - it should work for everything already, including mining.  I manage my coin holdings with it already for quite some time.  So if you are interested, give it a try - but be careful and just watch out for potential issues.

I would do the same with great pleasure tried it!
Hey domob - Huntercoin Core is still just in test phases, correct? Any idea when it'll be ready for prime time? Thanks a lot for all of your continued hard work on it.

Consider it beta - it should work for everything already, including mining.  I manage my coin holdings with it already for quite some time.  So if you are interested, give it a try - but be careful and just watch out for potential issues.

I'll try the new QT if you can tell me if Snailbrains Unity client will still work with 0.13 version also ever since i added more nodes to the original 1.3.01 qt not had a single disconnect or anything, that was my major issue running it before getting d/c all the time.

Icon

PS

care to provide a direct download link to the latest qt beta build cant seem to find it Sad

Omg !! 8gb blockchain are kidding me ! Why so huge ? Bitcoin is like 20gb how can it be so huge ? I will just download it anyway bug holy cow that is so much fpr an altcoin.

LOL 20gb bitcoin blockchain try again at the time of this post its just over.. (full node) 86.6 GB size just 4x larger then you thought..

Icon
Activity: 359
Merit: 250

Consider it beta - it should work for everything already, including mining.  I manage my coin holdings with it already for quite some time.  So if you are interested, give it a try - but be careful and just watch out for potential issues.

Gotcha - thanks! If its working that well we should probably be publicizing this and getting people and exchanges to switch over - the major issue from the start with Huntercoin has been the instability of the wallet along with the blockchain size - this update was to be the solution from what I understood. Honestly, while I really like this project, I have never been able to get the wallet to sync to completion and have had constant crashes with all wallet versions I've tried.

Snailbrain - maybe the current Huntercore version should be included in the OP?
legendary

Consider it beta - it should work for everything already, including mining.  I manage my coin holdings with it already for quite some time.  So if you are interested, give it a try - but be careful and just watch out for potential issues.
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Omg !! 8gb blockchain are kidding me ! Why so huge ? Bitcoin is like 20gb how can it be so huge ? I will just download it anyway bug holy cow that is so much fpr an altcoin.

It's so big because it has a 30 s block time and every hunter creation and move on the game is a transaction, so it's got really fast blocks with a shitload of txs.

First, Bitcoin's blockchain directory (the chain itself is admittedly a bit smaller, but the directory is what counts ultimately) is 90 GiB for me - the times of 20 GiB are long gone.  Ethereum (which started much later) is already at 29 GiB.

Second, the block time is one minute, not 30 seconds - and the chain is so big because there were times when bots issued hundreds or thousands of transactions per block; this has been "fixed" in the mean time by introducing small fees.  Now the chain growth is almost nothing.

Third, if you are worried about blockchain size, you can give Huntercoin Core (based on modern Bitcoin 0.13) a try and enable blockchain pruning.  This should be able to work with only about 1 GiB of space usage.

legendary

It's so big because it has a 30 s block time and every hunter creation and move on the game is a transaction, so it's got really fast blocks with a shitload of txs.

First, Bitcoin's blockchain directory (the chain itself is admittedly a bit smaller, but the directory is what counts ultimately) is 90 GiB for me - the times of 20 GiB are long gone.  Ethereum (which started much later) is already at 29 GiB.

Second, the block time is one minute, not 30 seconds - and the chain is so big because there were times when bots issued hundreds or thousands of transactions per block; this has been "fixed" in the mean time by introducing small fees.  Now the chain growth is almost nothing.

Third, if you are worried about blockchain size, you can give Huntercoin Core (based on modern Bitcoin 0.13) a try and enable blockchain pruning.  This should be able to work with only about 1 GiB of space usage.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Well as long as i enjoy this game i'll be running a full node, just like i do with bitcoin ever since 2011 Smiley

Ya POS mining would be great make it same as mining reward 10% to miners and retarget every block,, just copy and paste old PPC source code and change a few variables Smiley

Icon

PS

Been playing WoW since 2005 Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
You need super fast Internet for the whole thing to sync overnight... and probably a solid state drive. It will be that way until the Huntercore update is implemented with blockchain pruning. For now, it's best to use that download and move it to your computer folder where the blockchain would be stored. Syncing from there should be MUCH more recent

Just another FYI Smiley you'll need someone to host a full node(s) for all those prune nodes to download from..

If everyone plans on running prune nodes only, then you're going to be in for a surprise, IE: changing wallets.dat has to be re-sync for all the check points  to be found.

Icon

PS

Any ideas/suggestion on my previous idea of changing  to POS mining?

Well, I have ridiculously fast Internet and a splid state drive, so I may decide to keep the whole chain. My comp won't be on 24/7, though, so hopefully others will volunteer to do the same.

As for PoS, SnailBrain is still mulling the whole mining question over. He does want a new mining system, but hasn't decided exactly what. Maybe you can influence the decision  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Dude are you being being serious ? My grammar is perfect I'm English... I think I know how to use grammer in my own language. It's funny how you insult me when you can't even use a capital letter at the beginning of each sentence which is the first thing you get taught when learning English.

For example " i dont understand what are you talking about" this grammer is terrible.

Firstly a sentence starts with a capital I. Secondly ita not "what are you" its " what you are"  You never used a single capital in any of your sentences. So I think you should check yourself before pointing fingers.

Anyway now that I have dealt with this rude person.

I have had a power failure last night Sad So I'm still downloading the blockchain. Sad

LOL. hahaha. i don't intend to insult, im just saying that I didn't understand what is your point because of your grammar. And using capital letter in the my first sentence is not a big deal because it is just a forum and not formal. Ok, im sorry if my word insulted you but im not intended that to you. cheers.
You need super fast Internet for the whole thing to sync overnight... and probably a solid state drive. It will be that way until the Huntercore update is implemented with blockchain pruning. For now, it's best to use that download and move it to your computer folder where the blockchain would be stored. Syncing from there should be MUCH more recent

Just another FYI Smiley you'll need someone to host a full node(s) for all those prune nodes to download from..

If everyone plans on running prune nodes only, then you're going to be in for a surprise, IE: changing wallets.dat has to be re-sync for all the check points  to be found.

Icon

PS

Any ideas/suggestion on my previous idea of changing  to POS mining?

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Anyway now that I have dealt with this rude person.

I have had a power failure last night Sad So I'm still downloading the blockchain. Sad

Ouch! Are you downloading the blockchain file domob uploaded? It makes things go faster.

When fully updated, make sure to have a copy/backup of the entire blockchain. Easy to damage even without power failure
(e.g. "Temporarily allow all this page" -> VM freezes -> bricked. Mount external drive to VM while blockchain on drive is online -> bricked)
I do this at least once per week.

Pages:
Jump to: