Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 63. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Not going to spam this thread anymore, but I have to repeat.

This coin would be so valuable, not just financially, if there were a simple game any person can play quickly, with no learning curve, no language barrier, no technical limiters.

We agree, and are moving in that direction, but limited resources are reducing the speed at which we do. You have to remember that this coin is running on no pre-mine, ICO or investment capital right now. The latter is likely to change in the future, but the former two will not, and that's probably why some people keep calling Huntercoin "ethical."

If you or anybody you know wants to help speed things along, please let us know. We're all chipping in spare time, for now. Price isn't high enough yet for us to be selling HUC enough to cover living expenses
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
i've made hunters, i figured out that the lighter colored squares are the bank

i managed to kill another hunter. i pressed destruct once and nothing happened. then he came on my square and i pressed it again and i won. could you explain this in more detail so that i know what i have to do? i see one of my hunters has 400 life

Use one of the 3 "alternative clients" that are linked in OP. If using BetterQt, just press middle mouse button to get un-blindfolded
and see what's happening on the map.

Btw, I've put large parts of the functionality that was previously only in the binary releases on Github yesterday, now it's viable to play Huntercoin with an open source client. (once again after a long long time really). Did a test run and it killed an ik while afk, so I give it a good to go Tongue

Activity: 322
i managed to kill another hunter. i pressed destruct once and nothing happened. then he came on my square and i pressed it again and i won. could you explain this in more detail so that i know what i have to do? i see one of my hunters has 400 life
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
i've made hunters, i figured out that the lighter colored squares are the bank so i go and collect the reward for the coins there.
if i click destruct, i pay 20 huc but it only destructs when i hit a bank. it does not destruct when another players hunter is nearby.
other players have destroyed 2 of my hunters, but their hunter is still alive. how does this work? i don't get it. other players i've come close to haven't killed me and i wasn't able to kill them by clicking destruct.

It used to be that "destruct" actually killed your hunter, as well as others around you.  That was changed, now destruct "only" costs you the 20 HUC fee - but you still potentially kill hunters around you (depending on how much life they have left).  Just getting close to others has no effect.  Also note that the time when your destruct tx is actually mined counts, which is not entirely predictable from the time when you hit the button.
Activity: 322
i want to understand something and don't know where to look for more info.
i've made hunters, i figured out that the lighter colored squares are the bank so i go and collect the reward for the coins there.
if i click destruct, i pay 20 huc but it only destructs when i hit a bank. it does not destruct when another players hunter is nearby.
other players have destroyed 2 of my hunters, but their hunter is still alive. how does this work? i don't get it. other players i've come close to haven't killed me and i wasn't able to kill them by clicking destruct.

thanks
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
legendary

... the dramatic spike in all the cryptocurrencies based on video games, especially Huntercoin, GameCredits, and BitCrystals.

Huntercoin   Marketcap      $79,000            
GameCredits Marketcap  $7,300,000  
BitCrystals   Marketcap  $3,400,000  

Huntercoin is still cheap.

At some point the game will be popular and the coin will take off, but somebody has sold a vast amount in the last two days.

Yeah, there are probably some bagholders from Huntercoin's early days. Hopefully they run out of HUC, soon, so we can get back to the bull run. SnailBrain and domob have more work to finish, anyways.

In the mean time, I'd like to thank John Barrett, the author of Ode to Satoshi (the Bitcoin Song), for letting me talk about Huntercoin on Bitcoins & Gravy. It was on the radio yesterday in Nashville, Tennessee, where he gets a decent audience. Yeehaw!  Cheesy

Give him some love on LetsTalkBitcoin. MithrilMan got plugged, again https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ep-85-huntercoin-a-human-mine-able-crypto-currency-game
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Huntercoin is very cheap https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_huc
Buy a larger position in HUC ...these could easily go 500% if not 2000%+ medium term

Nice pump attempt ya trolls.  Inflation is high for HUC, maybe they can cut it back. 
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Huntercoin is very cheap https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_huc
Buy a larger position in HUC ...these could easily go 500% if not 2000%+ medium term
legendary
Well, that's killed that exchange then - can we get a new one?  Tongue

We're working on it. Tongue That sell wall won't last forever, though!

HUC reminds me of pokemon go

That's good, because Pokemon Go currently makes over $10 million per day. Grin I actually theorized in another thread that it is what caused the dramatic spike in all the cryptocurrencies based on video games, especially Huntercoin, GameCredits, and BitCrystals.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

HUC reminds me of pokemon go
legendary

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
Well, that's killed that exchange then - can we get a new one?  Tongue
legendary
After the recent pump there is now a 42 BTC sell wall at about 2200 sat on poloniex:

That is almost 2M HUC  Shocked

How rude!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
After the recent pump there is now a 42 BTC sell wall at about 2200 sat on poloniex:

That is almost 2M HUC  Shocked
Activity: 403
but i don't understand, didn't those changes need to be an hard fork?

Yes, this one is purely hypothetical. If the game rules are not set in stone at this point then we should do some brainstorming well in advance.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
THANK YOU

the game how its work ?

MithrilMan's client will be the easiest for you to set up, and is currently better supported since Huntercoin's core dev team is busy trying to finalize blockchain pruning for us. It also comes with a tutorial. You can download it here: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin

i assigned to you a free access for some days, have fun or report problems if you have any
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
THANK YOU

the game how its work ?

MithrilMan's client will be the easiest for you to set up, and is currently better supported since Huntercoin's core dev team is busy trying to finalize blockchain pruning for us. It also comes with a tutorial. You can download it here: http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin
legendary
I think it should require a hard fork, yes, unlike wiggi's experimentation with gems or the addition of new maps. I assumed he's talking theoretically, right now, putting code together and trying to prove the possibility. None of this stuff can be implemented until domob finishes his work on Huntercore... hopefully this recent bug they found is the last one Smiley
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
but i don't understand, didn't those changes need to be an hard fork?

i mean if a miner doesn't runs your logic, his gamestate says that the hunter is still on map and if someone destroy near his position, he gets destroyed, while in your client it isn't on the map, this ends up having different unspent tx on different client version, while the transactions, per se, are in both software valids

I knew that to be a softfork, it must be forward compatible (restricts block acceptance rules in comparison to earlier versions) but is this the case? I don't think, because in your vision, an early logged out hunter has his funds refunded, so he can spent that amount, while in the older software release it could be dead or still in game, and so funds is locked
Pages:
Jump to: