Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange - page 9. (Read 162047 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
MineCrew
Are you idiots???  Sad

There will be no second chance for iCoin.

Devs left, exchanges closed, IPO failed.

What else should you see to understand that iCoin is dead?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
we have to find ''the wolf of cryptos'' Tongue
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Captainhook told me it's impossible to switch from Scrypt/PoW to X11/PoS but i proposed a plan to make brand new iCoin PoW/PoS and current iCoin holders can exchange old Scrypt iCoin to X11 iCoin.

Yes that would probably be the best solution. I believe Particle is going to do something similar, have an exodus address where you send your old coins and the system sends you corresponding amount of the new coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6865589

A new fresh start for iCoin would attract more attention and lots of miners wanting to mine the launch. New people could mine low diff coins and old holders would be awarded coins according to their old iCoin holdings.

Yes, perhaps 10 old iCoin exchanged for 1 new iCoin to make it fair. I think most people would go for that as iCoin is worth nothing atm.

TBH I think Captainhook will never return, so if you organise a solid dev to take the coin over I will pass on the details or you can start a new ANN which might be a better option. Fresh start and none
of the negativity to go with it.

Hi,

I don't agree with this statement since I don't think it is a fair option. The value of iCoin is very low right now, which I agree but must people which are still holding to some amount of it bought it while the price was high. Why should early adopters of the coin be harmed on such a case?

Taking my case for example, I build the Android Wallet for iCoin for 25000 iCoins, that would mean that I would only get 2500 "new iCoins" or 25 mined blocks. Hardly a relevant amount for the type of work involved.

But then again, this is a community project and if everybody is in favour of that, I can only agree but my support/enthusiasm will be quite limited (for what that matters)...
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
icoin need some pools working 24/7 some giveaways to start ppl mining/voting again and ofc 4-5 btc to get on mintpal/crypsty.....

Only worry about Bittrex now, there is no hope of getting onto mintpal esp with the bot program scam coins have running.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/want-to-get-on-top-of-the-mintpal-voting-list-639308

icoin need some pools working 24/7 some giveaways to start ppl mining/voting again and ofc 4-5 btc to get on mintpal/crypsty.....
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
iCoin is a good story for me. A story about:
1. Best name and worst team ever.
2. Big beliefs and biggest disappointment.
3. Stupid forum talks and no deal.
4. Big loss and missed opportunities.
5. Premine.

R.I.P. iCoin  Undecided

The team was amazing to be fair. Under the circumstances most lesser men would of left long ago.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

i feel there is a new dev coming up Cheesy Cheesy

Bring it!
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I think that new DEV would have a big support from the side of current (old) iCoin holders - it could be a great opportunity and challenge 
5. Premine.

R.I.P. iCoin  Undecided

The team was amazing to be fair. Under the circumstances most lesser men would of left long ago.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

i feel there is a new dev coming up Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 154
5. Premine.

R.I.P. iCoin  Undecided

Captainhook told me it's impossible to switch from Scrypt/PoW to X11/PoS but i proposed a plan to make brand new iCoin PoW/PoS and current iCoin holders can exchange old Scrypt iCoin to X11 iCoin.

Yes that would probably be the best solution. I believe Particle is going to do something similar, have an exodus address where you send your old coins and the system sends you corresponding amount of the new coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6865589

A new fresh start for iCoin would attract more attention and lots of miners wanting to mine the launch. New people could mine low diff coins and old holders would be awarded coins according to their old iCoin holdings.

Yes, perhaps 10 old iCoin exchanged for 1 new iCoin to make it fair. I think most people would go for that as iCoin is worth nothing atm.

TBH I think Captainhook will never return, so if you organise a solid dev to take the coin over I will pass on the details or you can start a new ANN which might be a better option. Fresh start and none
of the negativity to go with it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

MineCrew
Going to give Captainhook 2 weeks to reply with update, if he doesn't it means he has gone for good and I will give this account details to whoever wishes to take this coin forward with a new dev team.
I am out since the team broke up. It was impossible working conditions for the team to push this coin forward. All it will take is a team that can communicate on a daily basis to make this coin with a great name into something.

I would suggest creating a new iCoin and giving people a chance to swop old iCoin for new iCoin.

I will be back in 2 weeks to see if anyone wants to take it over.

You know what... It's good that you replied. But Bittrex already closed ICN/BTC market.

The only exchange that left is C-Cex, but there's no trading at all. So, no exchange, no price, no perspectives...

I think that nobody at that moment will reanimate iCoin.

I can see only possibility if someone will create new iCoin, resetting the blockchain.
Going to give Captainhook 2 weeks to reply with update, if he doesn't it means he has gone for good and I will give this account details to whoever wishes to take this coin forward with a new dev team.
I am out since the team broke up. It was impossible working conditions for the team to push this coin forward. All it will take is a team that can communicate on a daily basis to make this coin with a great name into something.

I would suggest creating a new iCoin and giving people a chance to swop old iCoin for new iCoin.

I will be back in 2 weeks to see if anyone wants to take it over.
MineCrew
5. Premine.

R.I.P. iCoin  Undecided

Activity: 524
I have some good news and bad news to report.

Cool story, bro.
MineCrew

good news, the world lives on Smiley bad news Icoin does not? that's my guess

Grin

"Good news - I've bought iCoins on 1 BTC at 100 satoshi, Bad news - I will dump them at 200 satoshi"
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

good news, the world lives on Smiley bad news Icoin does not? that's my guess
Activity: 8
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
In the asian world of Crypto captainhook is referred to as a premine and dump coin , coin creator. He will work on coin until enough community comes and then leave coin and hope someone take over while he has premine. He gets angry with me because he knows I have his number on this.

I don't think that in this case he has the pre-mine.. at most he might have bought it back with the BTC he got from the IPO..

but nevertheless is a shame that such an sounding name for a coin is being wasted.
Activity: 1139
In the asian world of Crypto captainhook is referred to as a premine and dump coin , coin creator. He will work on coin until enough community comes and then leave coin and hope someone take over while he has premine. He gets angry with me because he knows I have his number on this.
Pages:
Jump to: