Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK - page 67. (Read 30027 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BitFence just announced that they're sponsoring the World Blockchain Forum in New York this year!  They're going to be holding a keynote speech and will be taking a bunch of the StingMiners with them  Grin

A simple demonstration to the attendance of how the stingMiner works and it's benefits to mankind can easily attract new lovers/fans to the project.
Activity: 490
BitFence just announced that they're sponsoring the World Blockchain Forum in New York this year!  They're going to be holding a keynote speech and will be taking a bunch of the StingMiners with them  Grin

that is great news, just wanted to share a usefull medium article by bitfence which explains the concept of StingMiners for the new comers:
https://medium.com/@bitfence/bitfence-what-is-honeypot-honeynet-and-stingminer-and-how-i-can-mine-hackers-398bc47e178e

Interesting so we could be looking at some great partnership soon; especially enterprise collaboration. Any idea when is it going to take place? there was one that took place not long ago is it the same one or an upcoming one?
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
What i like from Bitfence is that the tokens will be minted on your purchase, and it is fast. While others generate too much amount of tokens, or mint the tokens at a later date. This is way better !

So basically there's isn't any total supply at the moment. The amount bought at the end if ico will turn out to be the total supply?

Max token supply can be calculated based on hardcap goal. Good thing is that we don't have to worry about unsold tokens.

True, this is the most efficient way, because you will have less work to do like burning it after the ICO. This should be the standard for the new Icos. I don't know why they still don't use this way.

Another interesting method is to create the tokens onse the token sale is over.
If there are unsold tokens, you just dont generate them.

Yeah, but you will not receive them quickly after you have invested. Sometimes it can even take longer, if the team decides to slowly generate them after the ICO.

It is true that it would a long time before you receive your tokens, but I think the impact to the value of the token is quite big if the team does decide to dump unsold tokens, burning them after token sale is perhaps better considering you get your tokens directly after purchase

Even if you get your tokens earlier you can't do  much with them as the token is usual opened in exchanges after the sale. Assuming you are not trading in ED or the likes. So i think it would not matter if distribution happens after the sale.

You have a point though. The coins just remains dormant and useless in your wallet until it is tradable. But then, some persons like having it in their wallet immediately they buy it just to make them feel safe kind of. Knowing that they have received what they paid for.

I would prefer to have my coins in my wallet, because it is indeed giving you safety. You have them already in your wallet, and when the time is right they can be traded on exchanges. I see no problem with it. I don't want to wait 2 or 3 months more to receive my coins after the ICO.
Yeah i agree with you it feels more safe if you have them with yourself, some people do not like to wait at all and it seems as a "scam" to them if they don't receive it immediately after purchase.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11

that is great news, just wanted to share a usefull medium article by bitfence which explains the concept of StingMiners for the new comers:
https://medium.com/@bitfence/bitfence-what-is-honeypot-honeynet-and-stingminer-and-how-i-can-mine-hackers-398bc47e178e
Activity: 546
Merit: 106
Bountyhive.io
Have you already dealt with mining? what do you think, where do we have the best chances with? There are three options:

1) The mining app for the computer
2) Mining with the RaspberryPi
3) pre-configured appliance for a virtualization container

I have done mining on pc once and it wasn't funny as it used up a lot of my power and data as well, i think the RaspberryPi is a great way of mining, i have seen and it's quite fancy and economical as well, i think i will give it a try when its out on the store

This isn't solving block equations, people need to stop thinking of this as the standard mining like in Bitcoin.  You get paid for uptime on your StingMiner as well as for it submitting a fingerprint, otherwise it would not be feasible for it to work on a Pi, lol.

I think the issue is whenever the term "mining" is used its immediately tied to "block mining" like monero/bitcoin etc... In reality like you said it also can mean like in this case "uptime mining" like is the case with things like Sia, or Storj or other service oriented chains, basically your mining by having your device online and connected to the network, it's must closer to POS than POW if you think about it
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 0
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
I don't know if previously someone posted. But posting the link here again this is a chance to make your HNY tokens triple. Please check below link.

https://twitter.com/BitFence_/status/997908308001480704
Activity: 728

Wow.. This would be awesome, wish i could attend events such as this. I just hope the event would be streamed live so that interested viewers can follow up with the event.
Activity: 490
Have you already dealt with mining? what do you think, where do we have the best chances with? There are three options:

I have done mining on pc once and it wasn't funny as it used up a lot of my power and data as well, i think the RaspberryPi is a great way of mining, i have seen and it's quite fancy and economical as well, i think i will give it a try when its out on the store

Agreed mining is not funny business. I think to use a Pi would be the best option for bitfence since you would not be running any process in the back that might slow down your work even though bitfences mining software is meant to be light.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
What i like from Bitfence is that the tokens will be minted on your purchase, and it is fast. While others generate too much amount of tokens, or mint the tokens at a later date. This is way better !

So basically there's isn't any total supply at the moment. The amount bought at the end if ico will turn out to be the total supply?

Max token supply can be calculated based on hardcap goal. Good thing is that we don't have to worry about unsold tokens.

True, this is the most efficient way, because you will have less work to do like burning it after the ICO. This should be the standard for the new Icos. I don't know why they still don't use this way.

Yeah, but you will not receive them quickly after you have invested. Sometimes it can even take longer, if the team decides to slowly generate them after the ICO.

It is true that it would a long time before you receive your tokens, but I think the impact to the value of the token is quite big if the team does decide to dump unsold tokens, burning them after token sale is perhaps better considering you get your tokens directly after purchase

Even if you get your tokens earlier you can't do  much with them as the token is usual opened in exchanges after the sale. Assuming you are not trading in ED or the likes. So i think it would not matter if distribution happens after the sale.

You have a point though. The coins just remains dormant and useless in your wallet until it is tradable. But then, some persons like having it in their wallet immediately they buy it just to make them feel safe kind of. Knowing that they have received what they paid for.

I would prefer to have my coins in my wallet, because it is indeed giving you safety. You have them already in your wallet, and when the time is right they can be traded on exchanges. I see no problem with it. I don't want to wait 2 or 3 months more to receive my coins after the ICO.
Activity: 532

Activity: 994
Merit: 140

I also think mining with the RaspberryPi will be the best solution. I do not like it when apps take away all the power of the PC. Another solution would be to run a PC just for mining. But that would not be economical

I thought the team will be minting the tokens based on the number of investors, which is good and gives little or no room for the bad effect of dumping just like i stated earlier, so i believe their is no need for the burning of unsold token scenario, when the weak hands dumb, the strong hands will be waiting to collect from them

That's correct.  The TGE (Token Generating event) created them when they are bought, the supply isn't generated all at once.
Activity: 672

I thought the team will be minting the tokens based on the number of investors, which is good and gives little or no room for the bad effect of dumping just like i stated earlier, so i believe their is no need for the burning of unsold token scenario, when the weak hands dumb, the strong hands will be waiting to collect from them
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com

I have not a lot of experience in mining, but i did some mining too in the past. I did CPU mining, but i shut it down, because i thought that it was harming my CPU after reading some reviews.

This isn't solving block equations, people need to stop thinking of this as the standard mining like in Bitcoin.  You get paid for uptime on your StingMiner as well as for it submitting a fingerprint, otherwise it would not be feasible for it to work on a Pi, lol.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1

I agree a lot of people can become angry if they receive it later than expected usually i would love to have it direct when i purchase them but after the ico is also fine with me.

I stick by the fact that generation as they are sold is the best way as it really has the most all around best features to avoid upsetting or annoying people

I liked the idea that ICO should fix the total number of $ they plan to raise during the ICO and should create tokens only after someone buy it Smiley

But in such cases, don't you think there will be a delay in sending tokens to wallet after you bought?I don't know how fast these tokens can be created, especially when the number of tokens are in billion quantity?
Activity: 406
Merit: 2

I agree a lot of people can become angry if they receive it later than expected usually i would love to have it direct when i purchase them but after the ico is also fine with me.

I stick by the fact that generation as they are sold is the best way as it really has the most all around best features to avoid upsetting or annoying people

I liked the idea that ICO should fix the total number of $ they plan to raise during the ICO and should create tokens only after someone buy it Smiley
Activity: 728
DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

Activity: 546
Merit: 106
Bountyhive.io
I agree i think if you invest in a project you expect it to hold it long term so there is indeed no rush for receiving them fast but it still feels safer if you have them by yourself.

You would think thats the case but too often than not, people expect to double their money the second the ICO is done its funny how unrealistic people have become in the cryptomarket, i'm really hoping that this mindset shifts over time to more realistic goals that more projects can achieve.
Pages:
Jump to: