Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] Change - The First Decentralysed Crypto Bank [ICO September 16th] - page 60. (Read 71223 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
Why is de cap based on ETH? That makes zero sense. The price of Ethereum dropped $100 in just a few days. In just one month the price even dropped from almost $400 to $150. How can you even fund a project based on cryptocurrencies when they are so volatile?

It seems to me that raising funds this way is based on nothing. If the hard cap is 200.000 ETH you can potentially raise $76 million when the Ethereum price hits $380 or $40 million when the ETH price hits $200. You have no clue in advance what the price of ETH will be at the time of the ICO.

So how can a hard cap of 200.000 ETH be justified? The hard cap should be based on actual dollars needed and then recalculated to the amount of ETH needed.

Besides, how does the public know how much money will be raised? How much of those 200.000 ETH will be sold for dollars right away? I doubt every single ETH will be sold right away.

Also, the white paper only uses percentiles. For example, 25% of the funds go to licensing and partnerships. And how much is 25% of the funds exactly? No one knows. This is based on the price of ETH which may drop or rise significantly in a matter of days.

Don't get me wrong, its sounds like a great project but funding ICO's based on cryptocurrencies makes no sense at all. I see this happen with a lot of ICO's.

Millions of dollars are raised but no one knows how much. And if all these millions are actually needed. The white paper only talks about ETH. That makes zero sense.

What will happen in the following scenarios:

- Hard cap is 200.000 ETH.

Scenario 1: price of ETH falls to $250 on the day of the ICO: $50 million is raised
Scenario 2: price of ETH raised to $400 on the day of ICO: $80 million is raised
Scenario 3: On the day of ICO the price is $400 but drops to $280 a month later: how much money is raised?

On a side note, these amounts are only raised if all ETH received in the ICO are directly converted to dollars. Which I doubt will happen.

Putting a hard cap based on cryptocurrency basically means there is no hard cap. Because you might raise $50 million, $20 million, $100 million, etc.

The only right way of funding an ICO is based on the amount of money you need. If you need $50 million then the hard cap should be $50 million. Then the amount of ETH needed should be based on the amount of $50 million. Meaning the hard cap based on ETH will change every day until the ICO takes place. And all raised ETH should be sold for dollars right away. But that does not make any sense at all either. Because if the market is dipping, it would not be wise to sell all ETH right away.

Maybe I'm missing something. But I have zero understanding how funding a project based on volatile cryptocurrencies can work.

The reason ETH is chosen is because it solves the problem of multiple currencies. I think investors all over the world are interested, so using ETH as a base currency makes it easier/safer/faster to contribute than using Bitcoin or our own federal currencies. Also, Eth has a lot of potential to grow right now, so they're probably fine with raising money this way. I'm sure they prepare for the worst (ETH drops back to 100$) and hope for the best (ETH shoots past 400$), so i'm guessing they need around 20 million to keep things rolling.
Last, they add the hard cap to make their product more scarse, it's a well known marketing tool. Setting a cap of 20 million seems a lot less scarse than setting a cap of 200.000 ETH
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Hi! Your project looks interesting and promising.

Do you use WaveCrest as your card issuer? If that is a Yes, is WaveCrest your primary card issuer?

Thanks
Activity: 2
Why is de cap based on ETH? That makes zero sense. The price of Ethereum dropped $100 in just a few days. In just one month the price even dropped from almost $400 to $150. How can you even fund a project based on cryptocurrencies when they are so volatile?

It seems to me that raising funds this way is based on nothing. If the hard cap is 200.000 ETH you can potentially raise $76 million when the Ethereum price hits $380 or $40 million when the ETH price hits $200. You have no clue in advance what the price of ETH will be at the time of the ICO.

So how can a hard cap of 200.000 ETH be justified? The hard cap should be based on actual dollars needed and then recalculated to the amount of ETH needed.

Besides, how does the public know how much money will be raised? How much of those 200.000 ETH will be sold for dollars right away? I doubt every single ETH will be sold right away.

Also, the white paper only uses percentiles. For example, 25% of the funds go to licensing and partnerships. And how much is 25% of the funds exactly? No one knows. This is based on the price of ETH which may drop or rise significantly in a matter of days.

Don't get me wrong, its sounds like a great project but funding ICO's based on cryptocurrencies makes no sense at all. I see this happen with a lot of ICO's.

Millions of dollars are raised but no one knows how much. And if all these millions are actually needed. The white paper only talks about ETH. That makes zero sense.

What will happen in the following scenarios:

- Hard cap is 200.000 ETH.

Scenario 1: price of ETH falls to $250 on the day of the ICO: $50 million is raised
Scenario 2: price of ETH raised to $400 on the day of ICO: $80 million is raised
Scenario 3: On the day of ICO the price is $400 but drops to $280 a month later: how much money is raised?

On a side note, these amounts are only raised if all ETH received in the ICO are directly converted to dollars. Which I doubt will happen.

Putting a hard cap based on cryptocurrency basically means there is no hard cap. Because you might raise $50 million, $20 million, $100 million, etc.

The only right way of funding an ICO is based on the amount of money you need. If you need $50 million then the hard cap should be $50 million. Then the amount of ETH needed should be based on the amount of $50 million. Meaning the hard cap based on ETH will change every day until the ICO takes place. And all raised ETH should be sold for dollars right away. But that does not make any sense at all either. Because if the market is dipping, it would not be wise to sell all ETH right away.

Maybe I'm missing something. But I have zero understanding how funding a project based on volatile cryptocurrencies can work.

Activity: 111
Merit: 11
Bit Blaster
Hi,

I read your whitepaper. Does your card also work with traditional visa and mastercard network?

Thanks
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Another one bank? And again in Estonia? Why in EStonia? They have some good law for this?

Estonia is very advanced when it comes to IT-solutions with e-Residency and electronic elections just to name a few. In addition, the country's legislation is blockchain friendly.

Activity: 630
Merit: 503
Minimum of 10 ETH it says in Pre-sale Guide

It is not a very high amount for pre-sale. I think to invest. This project is the most reasonable in bank projects
Another one bank? And again in Estonia? Why in EStonia? They have some good law for this?
Hi,
I've just received an e-mail info from Change Bank regarding pre-ICO which starts this Saturday at 10PM Singapore time.

But I don't know:
1. What is the minimum invest amount in ETH?
2. What is the coin price in this pre-ICO ?

Could someone reply to my question please?

The minimum participation amount in the pre-ICO is 10 ETH.

The standard rate for the CAG token will be 500 CAG to 1 ETH. In the pre-sale, bonus periods apply - 30% for the first 500 participants followed by a lower bonus.

For quicker responses, join our Telegram group at:

https://t.me/ChangeBank

Damn, wish I had 10 ETH to invest, I will be participating in the ICO though, Change is one of the most promising projects I've seen since NEO
Hi,
I've just received an e-mail info from Change Bank regarding pre-ICO which starts this Saturday at 10PM Singapore time.

But I don't know:

The minimum participation amount in the pre-ICO is 10 ETH.

The standard rate for the CAG token will be 500 CAG to 1 ETH. In the pre-sale, bonus periods apply - 30% for the first 500 participants followed by a lower bonus.

For quicker responses, join our Telegram group at:

https://t.me/ChangeBank
Activity: 1
Minimum of 10 ETH it says in Pre-sale Guide
Activity: 4
Hi,

But I don't know:

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
I see more and more startups shaking hands with one and others this is big thing happening which can be seen as seriousness and maturity of these projects development teams. The earlier we realize that cooperation and collective efforts to bring new financial ecosystem are right steps the better it is. I see Change is suitable name and represents very well the project so I also am excited about this project as well.
Activity: 4
Hi,

But I don't know:

a successful ico is waiting for us. hopefully there will be no scam incidents like the enigma project in the pre-sale. wish you good luck

The name of this project is quite catchy since it's such a common word, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out will keep an eye on it.

Thanks. Time for Change!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

a successful ico is waiting for us. hopefully there will be no scam incidents like the enigma project in the pre-sale. wish you good luck

The name of this project is quite catchy since it's such a common word, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out will keep an eye on it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 503

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
your competitor playing dirty lol

I love how active the change devs and members are, shows you guys are really driven to deliver a great product!
Pages:
Jump to: