Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 146. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 26, 2017, 10:57:38 AM
Why countdown say 20 days before end of ico ?
Yep, it's not countdown problem. They extended it.

The team decided to extend this ico. It's good news for investors and it will give opportunity for all people to participation in this project, and this project can raise more the funds. So this ico will really success

I don't have problem with extending the ico phase but it will create fud, and i am not sure how that will balance out with collecting more funds.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 26, 2017, 10:46:27 AM
Nice to see that the team extend the ico till 15th November, more time to continue to raise a lot of money. And soma is already on exchange, very nice for people who want to start trading Soma.

I don't see the use of being on an exchange before ICO ends? If the coin get's traded cheaper on the exchange no one will buy SOMA during ICO. If the coin is higher there, you should invest in ICO ... makes no sense to me to list it before ICO ends  Huh
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 10:43:35 AM
Soma ICO Extended until 15th of November Due to Big New Developments

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT Now Listed On Exchanges

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

New Advisors and Marketing Team

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Increased Traction and Detailed Roadmap

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

More Big News Coming Soon

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team
very nice to see this update. hope project will be success. After some demo I believe more investor will know about soma
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
October 26, 2017, 10:39:10 AM
Nice to see that the team extend the ico till 15th November, more time to continue to raise a lot of money. And soma is already on exchange, very nice for people who want to start trading Soma.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 10:38:05 AM

The team decided to extend this ico. It's good news for investors and it will give opportunity for all people to participation in this project, and this project can raise more the funds. So this ico will really success
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 26, 2017, 10:28:51 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
October 26, 2017, 10:21:21 AM
Such a change an hour before the end of ICO?
You should have posted this information much earlier.
Now it looks like a joke.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 26, 2017, 10:18:47 AM
Soma ICO Extended until 15th of November Due to Big New Developments

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT Now Listed On Exchanges

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

New Advisors and Marketing Team

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Increased Traction and Detailed Roadmap

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

More Big News Coming Soon

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team
Activity: 434
October 26, 2017, 10:17:40 AM
They extended 20 days more without announcement

SOMA project will go on ICO in next 20 days,actually i didnt see official announcement.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
October 26, 2017, 10:07:10 AM
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 26, 2017, 10:05:35 AM
They extended 20 days more without announcement
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
October 26, 2017, 09:25:16 AM
I checked the spreadsheets: Zero steaks in the Twitter, Zero steaks in the Facebook! Twitter it is clear in the line with twitter audit was mistakenly set my Twitter url, but the Manager probably had a goal not to count the stakes and for any reason to reduce the amount of people with the paid of work and shamelessly putted zero, instead of correct it or simply check it.
https://twitter.com/_Twittarka_
https://www.twitteraudit.com/_Twittarka_
With my Facebook he went on, put the zero calling me a fake!
 I have one Facebook!  I have one bitcointalk account! Twitter - one!
I honestly did work on the social bounty of Soma. Please figure out all and calculate my steaks!
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 26, 2017, 09:12:58 AM
what if SOMA do not reach hard cap? i know they have raised enough to start project but wondering what they will cut from road map to keep going? would you consider additional ICO fo fund raising if project demand?

As described in their whitepaper they want to use each 15k ETH for a marketing campaign into another region, so I think they will adjust/reduce their expansion plans for the time being.
They can also adjust their budget for marketing purposes. Anyway I'm sure that soma developers know what they are doing

So with the ~4 800 ETH they raised, they can launch a marketing campaign into 3 different geographic locations (1.5k ETH for one region). Does anyone know where they intend to focus at the beginning in that matter?

Sorry, but haven't they raised moret then 10,000 ETH? 1 ETH is 450 coins, sold currently 8,177,341 tokens, or have I forgotten something?

There is a math up there.

It says they are reserving 6 million so they only sold 2.117.341. Which concludes 4800 eth.

He can be right but also Soma team may choose to not include their reserved amount in there.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 26, 2017, 09:08:19 AM
what if SOMA do not reach hard cap? i know they have raised enough to start project but wondering what they will cut from road map to keep going? would you consider additional ICO fo fund raising if project demand?

As described in their whitepaper they want to use each 15k ETH for a marketing campaign into another region, so I think they will adjust/reduce their expansion plans for the time being.
They can also adjust their budget for marketing purposes. Anyway I'm sure that soma developers know what they are doing

So with the ~4 800 ETH they raised, they can launch a marketing campaign into 3 different geographic locations (1.5k ETH for one region). Does anyone know where they intend to focus at the beginning in that matter?

Sorry, but haven't they raised moret then 10,000 ETH? 1 ETH is 450 coins, sold currently 8,177,341 tokens, or have I forgotten something?

The total of  8162211 tokens distributed seem to include 6 million tokens that are reserved for growth (not sold).
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 26, 2017, 09:06:39 AM

Activity: 154
October 26, 2017, 08:55:00 AM

thats a interesting question. maybe they dont cut a thing but cut a little off every thing
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 26, 2017, 08:52:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
October 26, 2017, 08:49:28 AM
SOMA distributed 8162211 SCT /450 = 18,138 ETH which is around 5,4 million USD
Only 10 hours left for the end of token sale.
I would say that is a pretty good amount of money!

I think the correct calculation must be given without 6M SCT reserved for growth (not sold)
 8162211 - 6000000 SCT /450 = ~4,805 ETH

Thank you for this correction. I didn't know that reserved tokens were included in the ''Total tokens distributed'', isn't this a bit misleading? Or is this something that all ICO's do?

On token sale page is stated as "Total tokens distributed" so it's not misleading.
SOMA distributed 8162211 SCT /450 = 18,138 ETH which is around 5,4 million USD
Only 10 hours left for the end of token sale.
I would say that is a pretty good amount of money!

I think the correct calculation must be given without 6M SCT reserved for growth (not sold)
 8162211 - 6000000 SCT /450 = ~4,805 ETH

it is still quite much money for a plattform dont you think?

Should be enough if they won't go rest on resorts Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
October 26, 2017, 08:48:38 AM

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
bitcoin.org
October 26, 2017, 08:47:58 AM
looking for more details about SOMA project?
What are the difference between SOMA and OpenBazar

As far as my understanding openbazar already have a working platform that even work offline
Jump to: