Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 182. (Read 92796 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 13, 2017, 03:32:23 PM
Super concept this card of interactive objects, this will allow potential buyers to verify the authenticity of the objects that interest them and to be able to ensure that the price is included in the average market, a good way to make good business.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 13, 2017, 03:30:35 PM
During the ICO, each 1500 ETH collected will launch a marketing campaign into a new geographic location. Active members of the community can, by their own actions, facilitate the expansion of the community in their geographic location and import SOMA’s solution to improve social trading.

Is there a list of those geographic location.
I know it already has been asked but cant found the answer.

They already raised +14k ETH so that already are +10 geographic locations.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
October 13, 2017, 02:57:11 PM
Something I learned today.
Saw on Telegram that SOMA had an angel investor before the ICO started!

An angel investor of $6M!! That is just huge!
Someone really believes in this start-up! Knowing that this project already got a 6M USD funding, it blows my mind Cheesy

This is great news! Smiley

$6M is a big amount of money for most of us but not for him. This for sure will give another spirit to the team because someone already trust the project so much. And it can bring more confidence to the other investors.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 13, 2017, 02:44:51 PM

Someone really believes in this start-up! Knowing that this project already got a 6M USD funding, it blows my mind Cheesy

Wow, this is really unbelievable! Huge success for soma team! With this kind of support, it should them even more incentives to develop this project.
Great news, thanks for sharing!
Whoa! That is big whale out there. I hope that he will hold his tokens and that he will be active member of you team  Cheesy
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
October 13, 2017, 02:36:27 PM

Wow, this is really unbelievable! Huge success for soma team! With this kind of support, it should them even more incentives to develop this project.
Great news, thanks for sharing!
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 13, 2017, 02:35:13 PM

Wiow, I did not know this. Hope it will be a good whale and not a dumper  Cheesy

I already knew that there is an angel investor, thus no soft cap for the ico. But i had no idea that this Investor put that much money in the project. That s impessive.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
October 13, 2017, 02:20:52 PM

can you tell me, which angel investor this was, funding 6m dollar ahead of the ico start?

would be nice to know Smiley

They call it angel investor because he/she/they really didn't want to be made public, so we shouldn't pry there, even if we are curious, the only thing that this is beneficial is that the project already have funds even if the ICO ended up not so successful Cheesy.

That is the kick start they need before ICO, this money will count for softcap right? That means we dont have to worry if they will continue with the development or not, they got more than enough to guarantee the project growth.  
so there is an angel investor that hard belive in this ico,with his help development of project wil continue,regardless of fundraising of the ico,that is nice...
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 13, 2017, 02:15:03 PM
Do you have any prorotypes? Can I test your system in any way? Huh

If you have an iphone you can.

They have an ios application but they don't have android yet.

If you don't have an iphone at least you can check ios gallery from the website of theirs.

https://soma.co

The iPhone app is pretty cool so far. I can't wait to see what some of the future development looks like!

The screenshots we've seen by one of the forum members are still very alpha, although they do show the potential. I think the engineered screenshots on the soma website show us a lot better  what the final product will look like. I do expect a lot of changes in the future due to feedback of alpha and beta testers. But overall the app does look good to begin.
anyway, this platform will be very useful. in the future I think SOMA will be very popular. Now we can waiting for ICO ending, and adding list to good exchange
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
October 13, 2017, 01:57:26 PM
Do you have any prorotypes? Can I test your system in any way? Huh

If you have an iphone you can.

They have an ios application but they don't have android yet.

If you don't have an iphone at least you can check ios gallery from the website of theirs.

https://soma.co

The iPhone app is pretty cool so far. I can't wait to see what some of the future development looks like!

The screenshots we've seen by one of the forum members are still very alpha, although they do show the potential. I think the engineered screenshots on the soma website show us a lot better  what the final product will look like. I do expect a lot of changes in the future due to feedback of alpha and beta testers. But overall the app does look good to begin.
Activity: 294
October 13, 2017, 01:57:06 PM

Wiow, I did not know this. Hope it will be a good whale and not a dumper  Cheesy
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
firstboy
October 13, 2017, 01:48:34 PM

can you tell me, which angel investor this was, funding 6m dollar ahead of the ico start?

They call it angel investor because he/she/they really didn't want to be made public, so we shouldn't pry there, even if we are curious, the only thing that this is beneficial is that the project already have funds even if the ICO ended up not so successful Cheesy.

Hahaha.. I think that is true in the event that the ICO did not attract enough funds, the project can still go on.
But that senario most lfrom ikely won't happen. Cause getting money from investor is harder than raising fund from ICO.
The amount of due diligence and scrutiny plus interviews done before the investor part with their money kinda give credence to this project.
Those investors already done the job (scrutiny) for us.
I will definitely be monitoring and invest in this project.
Activity: 798
October 13, 2017, 12:58:29 PM

That is the kick start they need before ICO, this money will count for softcap right? That means we dont have to worry if they will continue with the development or not, they got more than enough to guarantee the project growth. 
Activity: 588
October 13, 2017, 12:49:28 PM
Quote from the article : "In terms of competitors, we believe that Soma has the potential of being a disruptor across multiple dimensions, both on the traditional classifieds space, as well as marketplaces at large. For example, traditional classifieds players still operate under the same business rules as they have for the last 15 years. They are struggling to embrace new and innovative technologies and despite their massive budgets, they have yet to truly evolve their business models and are pretty much attempting to adapt a “one-size-fits-all” approach across the globe."

Pretty confident words by the SOMA devs, lets see if they can make it happen

Devs really believe in there project and they sould.
When they are convienced that it will work then the chance of its succeeding is more likely because they just dont give up.

SOMA is a strong project with great potential.
They already raised a lot so devs will make this huge together with the community.

I think that SOMA shows how confidence they are about their project, thats good for their reputation. Hopefully they will raise enough money for their platform. Thanx for the link to the article.

Project is good for sure, my only doubt is about the future value of SCT tokens amd how they will be used. But I explained what I think many times and I'n not write it one more time

the more successful the project is, the higher the value of the token. in that case everyone will want a piece of the action.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 13, 2017, 12:16:48 PM
Quote from the article : "In terms of competitors, we believe that Soma has the potential of being a disruptor across multiple dimensions, both on the traditional classifieds space, as well as marketplaces at large. For example, traditional classifieds players still operate under the same business rules as they have for the last 15 years. They are struggling to embrace new and innovative technologies and despite their massive budgets, they have yet to truly evolve their business models and are pretty much attempting to adapt a “one-size-fits-all” approach across the globe."

Pretty confident words by the SOMA devs, lets see if they can make it happen

Devs really believe in there project and they sould.
When they are convienced that it will work then the chance of its succeeding is more likely because they just dont give up.

SOMA is a strong project with great potential.
They already raised a lot so devs will make this huge together with the community.

I think that SOMA shows how confidence they are about their project, thats good for their reputation. Hopefully they will raise enough money for their platform. Thanx for the link to the article.

Project is good for sure, my only doubt is about the future value of SCT tokens amd how they will be used. But I explained what I think many times and I'n not write it one more time
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 13, 2017, 12:15:18 PM

Activity: 154
October 13, 2017, 11:59:41 AM
i saw today is 50 pages soma threat completed. i think this is the most active threat with community. people keep coming on this threat. i think Soma will grow up more fast. personally i liked soma vision & partnership.

it is on a good way to become one, but it is not one at the moment. utrust is hitting page 200 now, as a partner of soma, i think this will boost soma too Smiley

The partnership is good for Soma on the bitcointalk forum, because the exposure to investor that uTurst has would partly overlay with Soma now.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 13, 2017, 11:58:23 AM

Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 13, 2017, 11:48:21 AM
In addition, the basic model of classifieds sites is that they do not facilitate payments in any manner, as they are essentially a listing site. This brings its own problems, namely a security threat in some regions if there is a need handle payment in cash. You can never know the other party and its intentions, and thus there is a increased risk of fraud or robbery. Soma Community Token, and escrowed smart contract system will solve this problem in these areas.

I am not sure which classifieds sites Soma are comparing themselves to but eBay and most of the classifieds sites in my country all have a seller rating system. Some of them also feature a seller review section, where you can read experiences from buyers.

With the information I have been given so far about the Soma tokens, I remain skeptical about their potential to disrupt.

I share your doubts and also would like to get more information from the developers here. Unfortunately it seems they are not very active here in this thread.
developers seem to be looking for new investors, and there is simply no time to answer all the questions .. you can go to their twitter - as you can see, they are very active, just can't do the unlimited everywhere and at once
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 13, 2017, 11:43:25 AM

Activity: 574
October 13, 2017, 11:41:23 AM
In addition, the basic model of classifieds sites is that they do not facilitate payments in any manner, as they are essentially a listing site. This brings its own problems, namely a security threat in some regions if there is a need handle payment in cash. You can never know the other party and its intentions, and thus there is a increased risk of fraud or robbery. Soma Community Token, and escrowed smart contract system will solve this problem in these areas.

I am not sure which classifieds sites Soma are comparing themselves to but eBay and most of the classifieds sites in my country all have a seller rating system. Some of them also feature a seller review section, where you can read experiences from buyers.

With the information I have been given so far about the Soma tokens, I remain skeptical about their potential to disrupt.

I share your doubts and also would like to get more information from the developers here. Unfortunately it seems they are not very active here in this thread.

That is not the only doubt I have about Soma. Chapter 5 of the whitepaper is a non-sequitur in the context of a C2C platform and a simplification of global economy and logistics. Reminds me of this:

Jump to: