Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 177. (Read 92796 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 15, 2017, 05:12:22 AM
how many ETH raised so far? when ICO end?

If I am not mistaken they raised about 14282.413333 ETH so far into ICO,

and the ICO will end in about 11 days.

nearly 5 million dollar /hmmmm

how much do they need for hard cap?

maybe they will hit 10m but now it is a bad time for icos >< how bout extending it?
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 15, 2017, 04:20:29 AM
What soft cap they have? I see only hard cap requiments on their site..

They dont have a soft cap because it was already raised before the start of the ICO.

This comes from the co-founder of Soma:
We decided not include soft cap as we were already backed up by angel investments before the ICO round and ICO is a complementary round to develop our software further.

They raised plenty of moneys to start developing I guess, around $5,000,000 is not a joke and they already deployed an alpha app
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 15, 2017, 04:15:50 AM
When thdere is underselling post ico could be also due to the token allocated to the advisors or other people who helped out the project and get paid in tokens

I dont think advisor would dump the coin after ICO since they are a part of the team. They probably wouldnt join in if they didnt believe in the success of the project.
I am sure its mostly bounty hunters that are responsible for after ICO dumps.

Truth to be told, advisors don't owe anyone anything, and they can dump it all when ever they want, they are just offered basically free money for some thoughts and publicity.
You're wrong my friend, advisors invest their time and knowledge to help this project. I'm sure that they won't dump tokens just after listing them on exchange  Smiley

I think it's up to in which project they are involved. If they see a great future for one project they will probably hold the tokens. If they think there will be no growth for a longer time, I could imagen that even advisors dump coins to get nice money out of it.
Its really a waste of time if they make the decision after they join the team.
They should have decide it before they join the team, because why would they join the team if they didnt want to support the project? Too much effort if they just want to dump the coin/token.
Advisors are smart people - if they want to make some nice money of project they want to hold tokens and wait for price appreciation

Still, i wouldn't give too much weight for advisors impact on future of any coin and i don't care if they dump or not. I am counting on developers, and they seem solid enough.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 15, 2017, 04:14:46 AM

They dont have a soft cap because it was already raised before the start of the ICO.

This comes from the co-founder of Soma:
We decided not include soft cap as we were already backed up by angel investments before the ICO round and ICO is a complementary round to develop our software further.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 15, 2017, 03:59:28 AM
When thdere is underselling post ico could be also due to the token allocated to the advisors or other people who helped out the project and get paid in tokens

I dont think advisor would dump the coin after ICO since they are a part of the team. They probably wouldnt join in if they didnt believe in the success of the project.

Truth to be told, advisors don't owe anyone anything, and they can dump it all when ever they want, they are just offered basically free money for some thoughts and publicity.
You're wrong my friend, advisors invest their time and knowledge to help this project. I'm sure that they won't dump tokens just after listing them on exchange  Smiley

I think it's up to in which project they are involved. If they see a great future for one project they will probably hold the tokens. If they think there will be no growth for a longer time, I could imagen that even advisors dump coins to get nice money out of it.
They should have decide it before they join the team, because why would they join the team if they didnt want to support the project? Too much effort if they just want to dump the coin/token.
Advisors are smart people - if they want to make some nice money of project they want to hold tokens and wait for price appreciation
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 15, 2017, 03:57:11 AM
They raised soft cap already?
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 15, 2017, 02:51:40 AM

Activity: 588
October 15, 2017, 02:15:10 AM

Yeah, i made the same conclusion. Plus they have some angel investors from Finland 1.5m $ and a small pre-ico (didn't give a number about it)

It's a good amount to get started and finish the product. let's hope the ICO will pick up toward the end though.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 15, 2017, 01:52:20 AM

Yeah, i made the same conclusion. Plus they have some angel investors from Finland 1.5m $ and a small pre-ico (didn't give a number about it)
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
October 15, 2017, 01:06:40 AM

Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 15, 2017, 12:55:42 AM
If you dont have time to read the whitepaper, but want to read a short summary of the SOMA project; you can check this article
http://cryptocreed.com/2017/10/13/soma-blockchain-based-social-marketplace/
I encourage everyone to read the whitepaper before investing

Not the best article. But thnx for sharing anyway. What i find funny is that he says there is a few problems that needs to be solved:

"But there are few problems which need to  get solve. According to website of SOMA, “SOMA is a revolutionary decentralized platform which facilitates trade  inside the Soma community through a rewarding system that enables beneficial collaboration of the community members Users are an encouraged to engage in actions that will benefit every one on platform”. SOMA is first and exclusive social marketplace which will reward users for aiding the process of exchanging. This is platform where users wealth will increase by joining social capial of community. SOMA team planned to be a worls internet’s largest marketplace where the benefit of the decentralized platform are utilized efficiently."

But then he doesnt list a probleme with SOMA anywhere in the blog Cheesy

Yes, i noticed that too. I was really looking for the problem, but I couldnt find it. I think its just a short summary if you dont have enough time, but want to check out what SOMA is about. If you are interested, then ofcourse you can read the whitepaper.

What I would like to suggest to whitepaper writers, please start with an abstract which includes a summary of the project, just like scientifical research papers have.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
October 14, 2017, 10:05:24 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
October 14, 2017, 09:11:28 PM
I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.

Either way it has two possibilities, though I hope angel investors supported the project because they believe in its potentials.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 14, 2017, 09:05:43 PM

Activity: 490
Merit: 104
October 14, 2017, 07:27:48 PM
Yes 5 million is a big amount, and I also think that the project will raise more money. People understand that soma will have a lot of user. And the alpha of the platform is really enjoyed by users, its a good argument for investors.
I don't think that the project will raise a lot of money on the ICO, and this is good for investors, in the future the price may rise strongly on the exchanges.

The more popular an ICO is, the more dumped it is the moment it fits exchanges, so for me, Soma is enough popular to at least reach the soft cap, in that way, it will have a low supply, and it will be pump eventually, reaching high value Cheesy.

I'm not sure that people (investors) will dump coins at listing. Maybe bounty hunters will do it, but it's small volume and value will stabilize quickly

dude, normally if you buy a pre sale ico coin/token as a investor, you buy a lot, dump it, when the price ico price is above the presale, on the exchange, to buy back cheap, when the bounty hunters make a dump. afterwards it will rise back Smiley
Well, it does not always happen, it all depends on the good news and how fast the project team works -
 in good projects, price of token steadily growing. I think with SOMA will be so
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 14, 2017, 07:18:41 PM
Yes 5 million is a big amount, and I also think that the project will raise more money. People understand that soma will have a lot of user. And the alpha of the platform is really enjoyed by users, its a good argument for investors.
I don't think that the project will raise a lot of money on the ICO, and this is good for investors, in the future the price may rise strongly on the exchanges.

The more popular an ICO is, the more dumped it is the moment it fits exchanges, so for me, Soma is enough popular to at least reach the soft cap, in that way, it will have a low supply, and it will be pump eventually, reaching high value Cheesy.

I'm not sure that people (investors) will dump coins at listing. Maybe bounty hunters will do it, but it's small volume and value will stabilize quickly

dude, normally if you buy a pre sale ico coin/token as a investor, you buy a lot, dump it, when the price ico price is above the presale, on the exchange, to buy back cheap, when the bounty hunters make a dump. afterwards it will rise back Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011
October 14, 2017, 06:27:12 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 14, 2017, 05:58:21 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
October 14, 2017, 05:55:05 PM
I still wonder if those angel investors have more information than we do about Soma's business model, or if it is just a speculative play on a potential crypto-eBay.
Activity: 143
October 14, 2017, 05:49:04 PM
I see the progress of the project very well so far
maybe we will wait about ico from the project which is soon finished and I am one of the bounty social media
Jump to: