Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 70. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 137
November 13, 2017, 08:39:43 AM
News about reserve:

We have decided to keep that until the launch of our MVP and then we will burn it, unless free market cannot provide enough liquidity to support crucial functions of the Soma ecosystem.

All the same decided to leave a stock of tokens to ensure liquidity? And these tokens will be sold on the site?

No, they will be used it on the free market if there is no liquidity on that market.
When we see that there is enough liquidity on exchanges before the launch of our MVP then we will burn the reserve. If everyone is holding there tokens we need to have some reserve for some functions that require the tokens.

So if SOMA themself sell token in such a case, how will the price be determined in this situation?

Current market price should be used in my opinion. But I do have a lot of questions about this decision and I'd like some further explanation.

they should be sold higer of the current market price. otherwise the price on the exchange would stagnate and everyone would move to buy from the site...
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
November 13, 2017, 08:11:06 AM
News about reserve:

We have decided to keep that until the launch of our MVP and then we will burn it, unless free market cannot provide enough liquidity to support crucial functions of the Soma ecosystem.

All the same decided to leave a stock of tokens to ensure liquidity? And these tokens will be sold on the site?

No, they will be used it on the free market if there is no liquidity on that market.
When we see that there is enough liquidity on exchanges before the launch of our MVP then we will burn the reserve. If everyone is holding there tokens we need to have some reserve for some functions that require the tokens.

So if SOMA themself sell token in such a case, how will the price be determined in this situation?

Current market price should be used in my opinion. But I do have a lot of questions about this decision and I'd like some further explanation.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 08:03:45 AM
News about reserve:

So what's the price now?
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 13, 2017, 08:01:29 AM
News about reserve:

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 13, 2017, 07:57:27 AM
The development of SOMA project began a year ago in Q3 2016. That is longer than many other projects doing an ICOs. I am looking forward to the next steps after the token sales
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
November 13, 2017, 07:50:45 AM
News about reserve:

So, does this mean that you are going to sell those tokens if the market has enough liquidity? And if you can't sell you'll burn them? Please tell me that i have completely misunderstood this sentence.

thats what i thought too. at first glance it really sounds like that way, but why?!?!

hope they will burn them and not use them for mvp or whatever...

There should be no problem with the liquidity ...

Yes, you keep saying that but the fact is that the huge majority of tokens are in the hands of the angel investors (around 90% if I remember correctly). So what happens if these investors don't wanna sell their tokens?!
So does this mean you will sell the token if the market has enough liquidity?

Slippery slope here, if you ask me. How one would determine liquidity problems? Why is it a red flag if angel investors don't wanna sell? Because then there's not much trading going on on the markets? If your project is doing good, you should be happy that investors are satisfied and don't wanna sell, isn't it?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
November 13, 2017, 07:39:08 AM
Yes, ill just hold the token, the price will definitely go up above ico price once the platform will start to be ready.

That's true.. most ICO's drop a bit just after the initial ico due to some presale investors and other influences.. but as soon as there is a real life product or good news the price skyrockets.

That should be the case. Without the real life product, token won't be able to survive in a longer time. That is why we need to follow the development of a project from time to time if we wanted to catch the benefit from it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
November 13, 2017, 07:38:32 AM
News about reserve:

Nice, i would like to keep informed about that.
Hopefully the result will be burning tokens
Activity: 674
November 13, 2017, 07:24:20 AM
News about reserve:

It was a necessary move. Because of the Finnish investor, token supply can be very limited at the start.
I think the best we will burn it. How can you determine exactly free market can provide enough liquidity or not? It will affect the psychology of SOMA investors.
Activity: 588
November 13, 2017, 07:18:08 AM
News about reserve:

So, does this mean that you are going to sell those tokens if the market has enough liquidity? And if you can't sell you'll burn them? Please tell me that i have completely misunderstood this sentence.

thats what i thought too. at first glance it really sounds like that way, but why?!?!

Yes, you keep saying that but the fact is that the huge majority of tokens are in the hands of the angel investors (around 90% if I remember correctly). So what happens if these investors don't wanna sell their tokens?!
So does this mean you will sell the token if the market has enough liquidity?
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
November 13, 2017, 06:50:27 AM
News about reserve:

Activity: 294
November 13, 2017, 06:43:06 AM
News about reserve:

Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
November 13, 2017, 05:50:45 AM
News about reserve:

It was a necessary move. Because of the Finnish investor, token supply can be very limited at the start.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
November 13, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
News about reserve:

And what are the criteria for deciding? Will you only look at the trading volumes on the exchanges?
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
November 13, 2017, 05:44:57 AM
News about reserve:

Activity: 186
November 13, 2017, 04:10:53 AM
Yes, ill just hold the token, the price will definitely go up above ico price once the platform will start to be ready.

That's true.. most ICO's drop a bit just after the initial ico due to some presale investors and other influences.. but as soon as there is a real life product or good news the price skyrockets.
such things are common even almost all new tokens there is a decline in the exchange rate. this does not last long because the token price will soon rise again. so we really must be patient and observant to observe the exchange rate in available market
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
November 13, 2017, 03:52:38 AM
News about reserve:

Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 13, 2017, 03:52:05 AM
Only 2 days left till the end of the ICO, until now extending the ICO didnt really do much. Maybe they should burn the half of their tokens.

They are burning the unsold token. I think they will keep 10% for future liquidity if needed

the unsold tokens will be burned. I just hope what they've raised will be enough to develop the product.

I am happy to read that they will burn the unsold tokens. If they use the 10% to save the platform, I think it is a good plan.
Activity: 658
November 13, 2017, 03:26:09 AM
News about reserve:

It means that that we will burn the directly if crucial features of the Soma ecosystem can be powered with the SCT available on the free markets  (such as Soma Rewarding System, which can be only utilized by SCT). If, and only if, there is not enough liquidity provided by the free markets (if nobody is selling SCT for users who would like to utilize some features in the Soma application, we will provide liquidity from the reserve)

Thank you for trying to explain but please can you do that in layman's terms because i have a hard time understanding this. Are you providing a sell wall for people to buy to?
Its like if you want to buy a steam wallet , but no one sell it even the steam itself because its already sold out or maybe burned.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
November 13, 2017, 02:57:09 AM

Pages:
Jump to: