Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users - page 26. (Read 46926 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

Do you know if they are currently doing any big promotions except for these pretty random advertisements?
Nope, i think i wont  be really effective since their platform is still not fully developed according to the roadmap.

Other projects are doing promotions without any platform at all, so why shouldn't it be effective? Especially now, when they could distinguish themselves from facebook and take advantage of the negative attitude towards facebook..

Do you think it could be worst than facebook by any chance. I mean nothing is greed proof. I hope it does not

Just think about the tokensale alone, investing is based on greed, isn't it

greed is good. it's one of the reasons it pushes people to create great products. to make a lot of money. nothing wrong with that.
Greed can be good can be bad. It will depend on the subject we want to achieve. Greed is one factor that makes our live evolved.
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
this may sounds dump, but is sphere really decentralized? it looks it still depends on a central server that stores all users' data. am I wrong

Interesting question. I think data is stored somewhere. where would it be, maybe its in the whitepaper

The data will most likely still be on a server. You can't upload pictures and videos on a decentralized blockchain. The bloat would kill it in no time.

incentives for cloud server like hosting will work. Like torrent system, i think there is project for such already.. Data hosting and stuff

Didn't devs say that currently the platform is centralized, but it's planned to build a fully decentralized social network. I think I've seen information about it in the whitepaper as well.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
this may sounds dump, but is sphere really decentralized? it looks it still depends on a central server that stores all users' data. am I wrong

Interesting question. I think data is stored somewhere. where would it be, maybe its in the whitepaper

The data will most likely still be on a server. You can't upload pictures and videos on a decentralized blockchain. The bloat would kill it in no time.

incentives for cloud server like hosting will work. Like torrent system, i think there is project for such already.. Data hosting and stuff
Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

Do you know if they are currently doing any big promotions except for these pretty random advertisements?
Nope, i think i wont  be really effective since their platform is still not fully developed according to the roadmap.

Other projects are doing promotions without any platform at all, so why shouldn't it be effective? Especially now, when they could distinguish themselves from facebook and take advantage of the negative attitude towards facebook..

Do you think it could be worst than facebook by any chance. I mean nothing is greed proof. I hope it does not

greed is good. it's one of the reasons it pushes people to create great products. to make a lot of money. nothing wrong with that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Provide high-quality Chinese translation
Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Security of our datas is for sure a big point in the future, especially in a social network world like we have. I want to see what sphere can offer as a decentralized social network.
Activity: 238
Merit: 131
It's easier than you think! Join Sphere now!

Activity: 196
There are more and more news about the Facebook scandal. It also finds that more and more people are closing their accounts on the social network.
M.Z. refuses to appear before the British Parliament in the Cambridge Analytica scandal, and also said he personally asked one of his deputies to testify before the commission.

I think this is a great opportunity for Sphere. I also think that Sphere should be advertised in such situations.

Let's hope we will soon see social networks which are run on blockchain tech and ipfs and funded through advertising which you can control yourself.
Activity: 349
Merit: 12
There are more and more news about the Facebook scandal. It also finds that more and more people are closing their accounts on the social network.
M.Z. refuses to appear before the British Parliament in the Cambridge Analytica scandal, and also said he personally asked one of his deputies to testify before the commission.

I think this is a great opportunity for Sphere. I also think that Sphere should be advertised in such situations.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
So the customers who will use Sphere's social media platform will not have their browsing habits sold to anyone, by companies will still be able to target the right people to advertise to?
Activity: 434
Yes i also think that decentralized social media can disrupt this industry. With all the recent scandal people will want more transaparancy, maybe with some time, sphere can become a huge social network, of crypto world continue to expend its not impossible.

Maybe Sphere can become a starting point or escape point from Facebook with the privacy options which sphere has.
I am sure that data security will play a role in the near future and many users will start looking for secure social networks. The question that is now more relevant than ever, how to remove your information from social networks that raise doubts?!

You can just put the initially fake info instead of the real one that is vital for you, and you won't end up in a trouble having thinking what to do if somebody will be granted the access to your personal data.
Activity: 168
Merit: 4
Yes i also think that decentralized social media can disrupt this industry. With all the recent scandal people will want more transaparancy, maybe with some time, sphere can become a huge social network, of crypto world continue to expend its not impossible.

Maybe Sphere can become a starting point or escape point from Facebook with the privacy options which sphere has.
I am sure that data security will play a role in the near future and many users will start looking for secure social networks. The question that is now more relevant than ever, how to remove your information from social networks that raise doubts?!
Activity: 602
Merit: 105

Although still in development, we are aware of the ease of introducing Sphere in the near future, there are some projects with nothing to present, long scripts, taking advantage of the bad fame currently in competition. At least Sphere has something solid in your community and project forwarded

Yes i agree with you, we have a working product in here and some differentations over the competition(i know right now facebook is not a competition but in the near future it can be)
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605

Although still in development, we are aware of the ease of introducing Sphere in the near future, there are some projects with nothing to present, long scripts, taking advantage of the bad fame currently in competition. At least Sphere has something solid in your community and project forwarded
the project is already at an advanced stage and they also have a finished product to test, but maybe they should take advantage of this slide of facebook making some promotion (give token) to the users who sign up at sphere...
Activity: 266
Presale is live!

Nope, i think i wont  be really effective since their platform is still not fully developed according to the roadmap.

Well, maybe they decided not to poke the bear aka Facebook and not go full confrontational with their marketing campaign. We will have to wait how this turns out.

Maybe, but I dont see how this could lead to more user, which will know the project.
These advertizements with the plant "saving the earth" and with the rubics cube could be additionally but if they only advertize with this ... good night ...

I dont think those ads should be taken that seriously, I agree that it is obvious that this field is not their strongest part
They should strenght the advertising campaign as long as the ICO goes ahead to attract more investors.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family

Well, maybe they decided not to poke the bear aka Facebook and not go full confrontational with their marketing campaign. We will have to wait how this turns out.

Maybe, but I dont see how this could lead to more user, which will know the project.
These advertizements with the plant "saving the earth" and with the rubics cube could be additionally but if they only advertize with this ... good night ...

I dont think those ads should be taken that seriously, I agree that it is obvious that this field is not their strongest part
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Pages:
Jump to: