Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] STeX Exchange - 1st aggregator and 10000 cross-rates on one platform - page 12. (Read 16924 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 436
So, in line with the customer service from other exchanges. What I have issues with is withdrawing my tokens from other exchanges.

STeX what issues arise with withdrawing customers tokens (this is any token or coin and not just STeX) from STeX Exchange? On Binance I cant withdraw TRIG Tokens, it says suspended with no explanation.  On KuCoin, I cant withdraw a token call PO.ET, no reason given. on Bittrex I had purchased ADA and they wouldnt allow me to withdraw that token stating that the company had programing issues (no Bittrex). HITBTC has repeated issues with not allowing deposits or withdrawals of tokens, extremely long processing times.

These things that I've described are real issues with Exchanges. While I understand the speed in which STeX will process the cross pairs, people want to withdrawal their tokens and coins with ease just as much as trading. Many Exchanges are starting to get bad reputations.  

STeX - Do you have a solution to this?

We dont want STeX Exchange to fall into the above category and addressing these issues before release would be very important.

Thanks

That really is a problem, but keep in mind that there can be a whole bunch of reasons for wallet issues (which is again the main reason exchanges deactivate deposit, withdrawal and/or trading). Exchanges are dependent on the devs of a coin or a token. Things like hardforking without telling the exchange in advance or making a wallet update without giving exchanges time to implement isn't really the exchanges' fault.

Nevertheless, you are definitely right in terms of communicating problems. In my opinion, an exchange should always give a reason why a market is suspended or withdrawals are deactivated, always. Even better would be communicating if the devs are informed and what the next steps are.
I hope that STeX has a plan here Smiley
Activity: 201
Merit: 11
So, in line with the customer service from other exchanges. What I have issues with is withdrawing my tokens from other exchanges.

STeX what issues arise with withdrawing customers tokens (this is any token or coin and not just STeX) from STeX Exchange? On Binance I cant withdraw TRIG Tokens, it says suspended with no explanation.  On KuCoin, I cant withdraw a token call PO.ET, no reason given. on Bittrex I had purchased ADA and they wouldnt allow me to withdraw that token stating that the company had programing issues (no Bittrex). HITBTC has repeated issues with not allowing deposits or withdrawals of tokens, extremely long processing times.

These things that I've described are real issues with Exchanges. While I understand the speed in which STeX will process the cross pairs, people want to withdrawal their tokens and coins with ease just as much as trading. Many Exchanges are starting to get bad reputations. 

STeX - Do you have a solution to this?

We dont want STeX Exchange to fall into the above category and addressing these issues before release would be very important.

Thanks

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
Recently I started registering for as many exchanges as I'm able as I too hate to work with some of the exchanges like EtherDelta. Registered with Binance, KuCoin, Gate.io and while these are Ok to work with there seems to be something lacking.

How will STeX Exchange support handle issues that may come up (and things will come up) Will there be a bot for assistance, email requests, or will there be a link on exchange to speak to live support?
Thanks

This is indeed something, that wasn't mentioned anywhere and a topic where NO exchange shines right now. Most treat their customers like crap.

I'd like to add to resp. specify snewvines question: Will there be an official service-level agreement (SLA) between STeX exchange and it's customers?  That's what I'm missing at exchanges. They are service providers that get paid for services rendered and the sums that are sometimes involved would justify an SLA in any other business that I know of. If my bank wouldn't respond when I try to withdraw $20k I'd be sitting in my car and be on my way and everyone would understand my reaction. With Poloniex e.g. we can count ourselves as lucky if a support request gets an automated reply after a couple of months.

Will STeX be different? And how?

Yes, service is crucial to the exchange, and the success of biance depends on efficient service and responsiveness. In binance telegram group Your questions will soon be answered and resolved, I hope STEX can provide a good service, so as to quickly develop.
Can someone please tell me if Stex exchange is still viable and if so when will the exchange be operational

Sure it is Smiley
The STeX Team is actively developing the backend and is working very hard to release the alpha version in Q1/Q2 as the ICO got delayed a bit. They have given us some sneak peaks by releasing some modules that they have developed, like DEEP (https://deep.stex.exchange/) and their BTC/ETH gateway (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK1Ub5IsfYM).

And of course, the last video:

Activity: 5
Can someone please tell me if Stex exchange is still viable and if so when will the exchange be operational
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
when will ICO

The ICO is scheduled for ~March 2018.
You can visit the official STeX Telegram Channel to stay up to date for the exact date as soon it is known: https://t.me/stex_official
After I joined here, I always take time to view the recent updates of this project. STeX telegram is quiet noisy because of different people attracting with their platform. The innovative way of this project makes an interest to other people to join with the token sale. I hope that STex will successfully launch their ICO.
when will ICO

The ICO is scheduled for ~March 2018.
You can visit the official STeX Telegram Channel to stay up to date for the exact date as soon it is known: https://t.me/stex_official
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Fast and responsive support is crucial, so I'd to put much effort into setting up a team to contact with users.

Another question is will you implement KYC procedure to register on exchange? Some tier levels, with withdraw limits? Do you already have that sorted out?
Recently I started registering for as many exchanges as I'm able as I too hate to work with some of the exchanges like EtherDelta. Registered with Binance, KuCoin, Gate.io and while these are Ok to work with there seems to be something lacking.

How will STeX Exchange support handle issues that may come up (and things will come up) Will there be a bot for assistance, email requests, or will there be a link on exchange to speak to live support?
Thanks

This is indeed something, that wasn't mentioned anywhere and a topic where NO exchange shines right now. Most treat their customers like crap.

I'd like to add to resp. specify snewvines question: Will there be an official service-level agreement (SLA) between STeX exchange and it's customers?  That's what I'm missing at exchanges. They are service providers that get paid for services rendered and the sums that are sometimes involved would justify an SLA in any other business that I know of. If my bank wouldn't respond when I try to withdraw $20k I'd be sitting in my car and be on my way and everyone would understand my reaction. With Poloniex e.g. we can count ourselves as lucky if a support request gets an automated reply after a couple of months.

Will STeX be different? And how?
Activity: 201
Merit: 11

Thanks

So, the question is, what qualifies as an 'original STE buyer' or an 'original STE holder'?
Maybe Ivan [STeX] can shed some light on this as it all depends on how the STeX team defines this and later implements the distribution algorithm.

Technically, we define 'original STE holder' for this 20% bonus as any Ethereum address holding STE at the moment of the STE transfer opening. And track the all-time (from that moment) minimum amount of STE on this address as a valid for the bonus distribution.

Nice, thanks for the clarification.
So, technically there is no way to transfer the tokens on our own (if the get transferrable) without losing the 20%? As I understand there will be a STeX wallet/accounting system that will help users to easily transfer their tokens between their accounts. I assume that in order to keep our 20%, we have to register our wallet addresses (eligible for that 20 % bonus) with said system and then we may transfer funds to all wallet addresses registered?

Do you have an eta for a 'normal' registration or account creation on STeX? Right now, we only have our referral links. I personally would prefer to be able to create an account and also that people who we refer can do that. If someone has an account on a site, he is much more inclined to use that site again and check for updates etc. That way, we could also refer people that don't want to invest (yet). Because if they have an account, it will be much easier for them to invest in the project, as they have already some form of 'connection' to it. And even if they don't invest, they'll be much more inclined to transfer funds to the platform, if they already have an account.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
So basically, liquidity pool will be used to store the funds on different exchanges accounts to trade and fill orders coming from STeX platform?

I don't exactly know how the distribution will be handled and where the funds are allocated, but this would be a fair assumption as the funds need to be on the exchange in order to be used there and so that the transaction can be (almost) instantaneous.
Maybe Ivan [STeX] can elaborate on this a bit.

You got the big picture right, but there is one more thing where we need the liquidity pool to be - as a main market maker on STeX itself, providing bigger liquidity right here and now, backed with aggregated amounts. So, it's all about bigger liquidity at better rates in all the coins.
Excellent. I invested in your project through a metamask and will store them there. And those coins that I got for the bounty they too can claim dividends? Thanks for the clarification.

That is a good question. I'd say that this bonus is applicable for every token that initially came from the token contract address (the contract itself) without being transferred from another address beforehand.
Technically, this also is true for bounty tokens, but I myself thought that it's a special perk for PreSale investors.

The white paper says the following:

9.1 A special 20% bonus in commission earnings for original STE buyers

This 20% bonus is distributed among original STE holders, who have never sold their tokens. Therefore, in a scenario where more people sell their STE in the open market, a fewer number of STE holders who never sold them is left and the greater their share of that 20% will be. This is something that cannot be reversed and is only attributed to holders of untraded STE tokens, thus the per-token share of that reserved 20% will only ever increase over time. The takeaway from this is the following: it is better to never sell STE and watch your dividends grow.

So, the question is, what qualifies as an 'original STE buyer' or an 'original STE holder'?
Maybe @Ivan [STeX] can shed some light on this as it all depends on how the STeX team defines this and later implements the distribution algorithm.

Technically, we define 'original STE holder' for this 20% bonus as any Ethereum address holding STE at the moment of the STE transfer opening. And track the all-time (from that moment) minimum amount of STE on this address as a valid for the bonus distribution.
@Ivan [STeX]

I wonder if you plan to somehow integrate your DEEP web app into STeX exchange polatform or will it be separate project?

[...]

Maybe that changed but I don't think so, as DEEP is a proof of concept. But who knows, maybe in a later version we get a fancy DEEP analysis in some kind of SteX-explorer Smiley

That's what I was thinking, it could become a unique tool, exclusive for STeX exchange if they somehow integrate and adopt it to platform.

BTW As far as I remember STE tokens froum first bounty (before ICO started) will also qualify for dividends, but I will gladly hear confirmation from Ivan.

All STE tokens are the same and equal for all dividends distribution.
Does not matter how you got them, rules are the same, I confirm.
Okay! Thank you for answering. Yes! You are right! STeX can handle it alone. As far as I can see, many people are now attracted in STeX. I hope that the development of this project will continuously to grow.

Yes, especially the last Youtube video could gain much attention and is a good way to show what the exchange will be capable of. So if you encounter someone who doesn't know about STeX, show it to them, we need a bigger audience  Tongue
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
I am just wondering, do you have any in partnership company? Because I think that it is difficult to be successful without any kind of support of others, mostly those who are veteran in tachnology and has many supporters also.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'veteran' and 'supporters'. WOuld be grat if you could clarify what you mean exactly.
The idea of STeX is that you have trading pairs of coins that are traded on (many) other exchanges with different spreads and rates. So if a coin is cheap on one exchange you buy it there through the liquidity pool of the STeX exchange.

So there is no inherent need of a 'partnership' with said exchanges or any support for the platform itself. It would be nice (maybe), but it's definitely not needed for the project to be successful or profitable  Cool
Okay! Thank you for answering. Yes! You are right! STeX can handle it alone. As far as I can see, many people are now attracted in STeX. I hope that the development of this project will continuously to grow.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Activity: 114
Check out new STeX vid which looks really good!

https://i.imgur.com/a5CDWDC.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9O4jQlpiFs

I was just wondering about liquidity for some exotic altcoin pairs we will see on the platform, like DCR/BELA (showed in the above vid). There will be minimal amount of orders on such a pair, so how exactly will liquidity pool take care of it?

Great, I like this video very much, hope more people can see this video and join STEX.
That's an interesting question. I myself (obviously) am very positive regarding the STeX project as it has huge potential. But at the same time, that is my worst fear - it's only potential so far. True, the video is promising and if everything that is shown there works as described than I truly see very few downsides. There are more and more exchanges coming out and it gets harder and harder to get customers. Binance had this kind of success because of Bittrex and Polo failing their customers every day a bit more and they also had some other factors in their favour. The exchange itself wasn't nearly that good as it is today but they worked very hard for that and had always their customers in mind.

I find it hard to come up with CONs as I couldn't test the system. I think in order to get a real picture of the STeX vision, we need a live demo or alpha/beta.
In my eyes, an exchange must be fast, easy to use and must have a clear interface & features. E.g. I don't get why not every exchange has featured "Trade Analysis" like Poloniex:

I really don't get it. And even this could be better. But most 'older' exchanges are just horrible when it comes to analyzing your trades. I myself don't even try to do it on the exchange. And that's what I don't get. The easier it is for a (new) trader to use an exchange, the more he will use it. He will depend on its features and even miss them on other exchanges if they don't offer them.

So if the STeX team delivers a platform with said features, with good infrastructure and if they are showing continuous improvements like Binance, then this could very well work. One of my main concerns regarding the launch and the exchange itself would be communication and customer relations. That is an area where STeX could improve mightily. I don't want to be rude, it's just my opinion and there is more than enough time to fix that Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: