Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS - page 11. (Read 23490 times)

copper member
Activity: 963
Merit: 397
That is sad about series 2 coming out and being even less Bitcoin centric...  Add my list to the names of people likely not interested in the next series.

Sorry to hear that, but I understand your position.  

In fairness, the set was never intended to be primarily about Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter.

The goal was always to tell a story about money and finance through trading cards.  That includes a number of different people, currencies, cryptos, memes and commodities.  Not all of which I or anyone at Cardsmiths personally agrees with or condone.  I certainly don't agree with fiat currencies, Sam Bankman Fried, Mt Gox, using wooden sticks as money, or the Bitconnect scam, but all are part of the history of money at this point.

That said, there are more BTC and Satoshi specific cards in Series 1 than any other card type and Series 2 has close to 15 cards that are either specifically BTC, Satoshi or BTC adjacent.  That's slightly more than the amount we had of the same in series 1.  We've just elected to tease more of the other cards types thus far to try and appeal to a broader audience.  The best way to educate people about the benefits of Bitcoin is by weaving it into a number of different aspects of culture.  Otherwise, you just end up preaching to the converted.

I like the currency theme. I think there should be cards that are more desirable than others. But in my opinion the Crypto related cards are the bedrock of the series. There is a reason that the crypto themed cards are the most desirable and fetch the biggest premium on EBAY. This is one of the best made, well orchestrated card sets I've ever seen. The refractors, cold foil, and other variations are genius and draw you in and wont let you go. But the BTC is the reason for its success. I hope when your sitting around the board room at Cardsmiths Inc you respect the power of the coin and the role the forum played in the launch. Like everyone else I'm guessing our number one goal is the world domination of Cardsmiths Currency.

Would sure love to see some series 2 sneek peeks on the forum
Activity: 408
Merit: 125
I understand your position....  I just wish there were inspirational people included too, perhaps Nayib Bukele and or one for El Salvador in general being the first country to make a Cytpo legal tender, etc.  Something new for the Bitcoiners would be awesome!
Activity: 463
Merit: 74
That is sad about series 2 coming out and being even less Bitcoin centric...  Add my list to the names of people likely not interested in the next series.

Sorry to hear that, but I understand your position.  

In fairness, the set was never intended to be primarily about Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter.

The goal was always to tell a story about money and finance through trading cards.  That includes a number of different people, currencies, cryptos, memes and commodities.  Not all of which I or anyone at Cardsmiths personally agrees with or condone.  I certainly don't agree with fiat currencies, Sam Bankman Fried, Mt Gox, using wooden sticks as money, or the Bitconnect scam, but all are part of the history of money at this point.

That said, there are more BTC and Satoshi specific cards in Series 1 than any other card type and Series 2 has close to 15 cards that are either specifically BTC, Satoshi or BTC adjacent.  That's slightly more than the amount we had of the same in series 1.  We've just elected to tease more of the other cards types thus far to try and appeal to a broader audience.  The best way to educate people about the benefits of Bitcoin is by weaving it into a number of different aspects of culture.  Otherwise, you just end up preaching to the converted.
Activity: 408
Merit: 125
copper member
Activity: 1245
Merit: 108
I read here at the time that PSA did not want to grade the Cardsmiths. In the meantime, however that seems to have changed.
Has anyone here already sent his cards there? Sorry I'm what trading cards relatively unexperienced.

A few on Ebay. cardsmiths people being really aggressive on social media and graders. They get it
Activity: 89
Merit: 8

Looking for these Emerald Refractors:
 6 The Saylor
 9 Bitcoin Crunch
35 Whale

I have the emerald whale, but it and my ruby bagholder are my 2 favorite cards. Would need a real good offer.

Nice collection!!
Activity: 89
Merit: 8
Pulled my 4th ruby in 43 box's got #32 this time. 49 still my favorite.. Still no cold foil or redemption though.

Got an extra mr1 and mr-4a today. Any trades for 6a,7 or 7a?
Activity: 360
Merit: 123
Not the best picture, but finally completed the Beryl Refractor base 62 card set... plus 4 of the MR cards Cheesy

6 The Saylor
 9 Bitcoin Crunch
35 Whale

Holy molly , thats a nice Collections ya . Good job  MIJ  Wink Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Not the best picture, but finally completed the Beryl Refractor base 62 card set... plus 4 of the MR cards Cheesy

6 The Saylor
 9 Bitcoin Crunch
35 Whale

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 2014
I read here at the time that PSA did not want to grade the Cardsmiths. In the meantime, however that seems to have changed.
Has anyone here already sent his cards there? Sorry I'm what trading cards relatively unexperienced.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

That SBF card makes my skin crawl. Disappointed to see such a heinous figure incorporated into this set. 

Yeah, sure looks like they're really catering to the crypto fanboy audience with all the meme cards.
Activity: 478
Merit: 22

That SBF card makes my skin crawl. Disappointed to see such a heinous figure incorporated into this set. 
I agree, even the ankle bracelet doesn't help. It would have been better to show him behind bars, preferably bent over  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 315
Merit: 126
All you need is... Bitcoin

Edit: Also see there’s a monkey boat club card too… jeez

I think my collecting ends with series 1
copper member
Activity: 563
Merit: 41
Stack BTC
so how does CF looks like? how do we know lol?
copper member
Activity: 1245
Merit: 108
copper member
Stack BTC
Looking to sell these cards

Holofoil: 1A,1,2,3,5,6,10,11,12,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,27,28A,29,30,33,35,37,38,39,40,42,43,44,45,48,49,50,51,52,54,55,56,57,58,60

Crystal Sparkle: 2,5,6,7,10,13,14,15,23,24,25,28A,29,31,32,35,38,43,46,52,55,58,59

also selling a set of 62 paper cards.

dm with your interest. Will accept MJ as escrow.  shipping worldwide (cheap post).
copper member
Stack BTC

is it Tesla CF ? 🥹
copper member
Stack BTC
Can someone show me a picture how does the Nicolas Tesla CF (Cold Foil) card look like.  thank you in advance
Pages:
Jump to: