Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS - page 15. (Read 23540 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
For someone who want to start collecting.
Is it better to buy the case now? Or wait for the series 2?

Or is it better to buy singles on ebay?

Which one do u guys prefer , quantity over quality?
Since i can pick the card that i want if i want to buy on ebay.

Thx Smiley

I would buy packs. For any type of collectible, series 1 will almost always have the highest value in the future because it was the original. Especially if the collection takes off in the future. I definitely understand the viewpoint of getting the exact card you want otherwise, but the chance of pulling something good is pretty decent with the collection being limited print.
Activity: 868
Merit: 178
Satoshi loves sleazy bitcoin too - Ordinals
Is it better to buy the case now? Or wait dor the series 2?

Which kne do u guys prefer , quantity over quality?

Thx Smiley

Buy a case now!! From cardsmiths. You have so much more fun ripping open packs and finding cards then buying them. My opinion anyways
Activity: 66
Merit: 6
Is it better to buy the case now? Or wait for the series 2?

Which one do u guys prefer , quantity over quality?

Thx Smiley
Activity: 478
Merit: 22
Nice pull

This is the 2nd refractor card I have seen without a number, the other being a gold LTC refractor
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Got my orange pill cards. I love the total btc theme but man after holding currency cards, orange pill cards feel terrible. Quality is definitely noticeable. Still i think theres a place for both to exist. Im really hoping that series 2 comes with more btc/crypto cards. Its the recipe for success. I hope they see that

i agree. I wanted to love orange pill, loved the limited print run... but just not the same.  I also only pulled garbage so maybe I'm a little bitter hahaha

I think orange pill cards will remain popular and highly collectible for Bitcoin maxi's. There's a hardcore set of those collectors who wouldn't touch the cardsmiths currency cards with a ten foot pole.

I collect both sets. I think they both have great qualities and are different enough that they can coexist without much animosity towards each other.
Got my orange pill cards. I love the total btc theme but man after holding currency cards, orange pill cards feel terrible. Quality is definitely noticeable. Still i think theres a place for both to exist. Im really hoping that series 2 comes with more btc/crypto cards. Its the recipe for success. I hope they see that

i agree. I wanted to love orange pill, loved the limited print run... but just not the same.  I also only pulled garbage so maybe I'm a little bitter hahaha
copper member
Activity: 1006
Merit: 409
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
The Onyx #1 sold for $5600 on auction this morning.

DAMN!
copper member
Activity: 316
Merit: 126
All you need is... Bitcoin
The Onyx #1 sold for $5600 on auction this morning.
People are starting to notice how rare the #1A CS is too.

This was barely listed long at all, instantly got a bid for $150 and then someone just paid the Buy It now price, $275

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195834537615?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yP2qi9C6TMu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=6QOozP4FSBG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

you guys are gonna have me listing my cards - thats just crazy
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
People are starting to notice how rare the #1A CS is too.

This was barely listed long at all, instantly got a bid for $150 and then someone just paid the Buy It now price, $275

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195834537615?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yP2qi9C6TMu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=6QOozP4FSBG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
copper member
Activity: 1249
Merit: 108
I would rather buy an Elon ruby than a CS 53. and long term I believe Elon would be worth alot more. my opinion.

Sure but if it is the only card you need to complete your set, it becomes disproportionately more valuable to you, lol. Then if it really turns out to be a short-print card, you might not get many chances to buy it at this price level, or at all. So it's a gamble for both buyer and seller I think until true rarity and price levels shake out.

I’d rather buy more boxes and try to pull it myself - and that is exactly what I am doing. Hopefully I pull what I need or something good.

Another fun fact - you guys notice how many 1As are available now? Was it a short print or bad shuffling by the printers? I’ve personally pulled 3 and they seem to be everywhere now

Also - cardsmiths is out of 12 box 1/4 cases… not sure what that means but they are sold out.

I kind of broached this topic earlier and someone suggested that the case is the base format of how these cards are sold.   So.. if they need a pack, the open a case then an inner box to get one. 

So the 12 box units can be obtained from cases still for sell if they choose to do that.  Or maybe case breaker taking a break..Huh
I would rather buy an Elon ruby than a CS 53. and long term I believe Elon would be worth alot more. my opinion.

Sure but if it is the only card you need to complete your set, it becomes disproportionately more valuable to you, lol. Then if it really turns out to be a short-print card, you might not get many chances to buy it at this price level, or at all. So it's a gamble for both buyer and seller I think until true rarity and price levels shake out.

I’d rather buy more boxes and try to pull it myself - and that is exactly what I am doing. Hopefully I pull what I need or something good.

Another fun fact - you guys notice how many 1As are available now? Was it a short print or bad shuffling by the printers? I’ve personally pulled 3 and they seem to be everywhere now

Also - cardsmiths is out of 12 box 1/4 cases… not sure what that means but they are sold out.
Activity: 604
Merit: 273

copper member

that person is on this forum. shouldn't sell at that price unless someone is impatient. I still need a handful of cards to complete my CS set but am waiting for the hype to die down. Once all cases are opened, true rarity will be revealed.  

I agree with everything said.  Most are selling just to plow more money into boxes and cases.

I did buy a amethyst Elon but a ruby even better.  If they do Mars missions as planned,   that card will be next level

that person is on this forum. shouldn't sell at that price unless someone is impatient. I still need a handful of cards to complete my CS set but am waiting for the hype to die down. Once all cases are opened, true rarity will be revealed.  

copper member
Damn there goes my dream of a full cs set.

I agree MrStacy, 28a seems common, 28 a bit more uncommon? I pulled 3 28a's but had to trade for a 28.

i think that is unusual.  28a is not THAT common, but no where near 1a, 7, and i'm now thinking 16.  you just got an odd shuffle of the cards i think. 

one time, i opened a case that had no 9s at all of any type. 

now that the cards are widely distributed and discussed on multiple platforms, we get a better picture of the whole universe of cards.

Activity: 89
Merit: 8
Damn there goes my dream of a full cs set.

I agree MrStacy, 28a seems common, 28 a bit more uncommon? I pulled 3 28a's but had to trade for a 28.
Pages:
Jump to: