Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency - page 51. (Read 110740 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
will be published when the exchange?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
great news in one of the biggest Israeli papers
http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.582015

That's how I found out about it....in Australia....from my tech illiterate mother.

Which is why i think this has potential!
Activity: 29
great news in one of the biggest Israeli papers
http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.582015
Activity: 45
Shalom!

Would love to mine this coin, but i'm currently mining blitz for the next week. Would be interested in buying some, are there any exchanges available yet?

I would like to buy around 0.05 BTC worth if anyone would like to make an offer.
Activity: 197
Where's the source?  Link please.

Darn, can't believe we missed that in the original post!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and here is the link:
https://github.com/israelcoin/Isracoin

Also added to the post.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed
Where's the source?  Link please.
Another Isracoin pool is now available:
http://isr.crypto-hamsters.com/

Hurray Smiley
A coin for every Country..

Can your pool support all the country's?

time to upgrade  Wink

lol - I'm sure more pools will come along very quickly.
We are not running this first pool by the way. It is someone from the crypto community in Israel.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
A coin for every Country..

Can your pool support all the country's?

time to upgrade  Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
scamcoin :/
I was watching the timer on their website prior to launch. The wallet was posted within 20 seconds of it counting down to 0. There were no delays, or excuses, or aborted launches. It seemed to be one of the cleaner launches of the past month. Their website looks great, and you can tell a lot of work went into this. The presence on these forums was a bit light prior to launch, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. This looks like a cool little project to me though.

We highly appreciate the positive and levelheaded review. Smiley
Doing our best here with the available resources.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I was watching the timer on their website prior to launch. The wallet was posted within 20 seconds of it counting down to 0. There were no delays, or excuses, or aborted launches. It seemed to be one of the cleaner launches of the past month. Their website looks great, and you can tell a lot of work went into this. The presence on these forums was a bit light prior to launch, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. This looks like a cool little project to me though.
Yeah it's another nation coin, they do big pre mines to give away to said nation. Most of them seem to do OK so far. This was at least a smooth launch, which is quite rare these days.

Where was the smooth launch? It was released way before the announced time  30 minutes before the deadline diff was more than 2 as above posted

I can assure you that mining did not commence a single minute before 23:00 GMT+2.
Please keep in mind that there are nodes all over the world and block explorer is at a different time zone than Israel, not to mention Israel has just switched off daylight savings and so if you are seeing anything that is not in tune with the time we announced, perhaps that is the reason.

At exactly 23:00 we opened the downloads of wallets and a few minutes later released the genesis block to github.
There was an almost immediate spike in hashpower and therefor in difficulty as well.
Difficulty was extremely low since the premine ended and first few dozens of blocks came in very quickly, however, DigiShield has sprung into action and did a great job averaging everything out to 1 minute per block.

We have spent a ton of work for over a month preparing this coin and launch and we do not deny things could have been even better, but all in all we believe we did a solid job and will keep working hard to make Isracoin a great, long lasting cryptocurrency.

We have all sorts of things in store and will update whenever there is news.

Hope all you fine people will give us just a bit of benefit of the doubt, keep an open mind and give constructive criticism. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Being the civic minded shit head that I am, I am hereby fulfilling my obligation to

1. Tell you to fuck off

2. Tell you that I hope you choke on this coin

Thank you and catch a std.
Thanks for a smooth launch of isracoin !  Smiley

Thanks for the kind words Smiley
We will do our best to further improve things as we go along.
tons of work ahead.
6k mined already after wallet release lol what a joke,

Anyway, there's already at least 3 cryptos for israelis...

6k blocks were the premine.
Since mining opened to public, only 120 or so blocks have been mined. the average time is 1 minute.

what is the block reward and when halving?

Block reward is 50. blocks every 1 minute on average (DigiShield diff retarget mechanism)
Halving in 3 years.
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
Thanks for a smooth launch of isracoin !  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Yeah it's another nation coin, they do big pre mines to give away to said nation. Most of them seem to do OK so far. This was at least a smooth launch, which is quite rare these days.

Where was the smooth launch? It was released way before the announced time  30 minutes before the deadline diff was more than 2 as above posted
legendary
Activity: 1148
We already have cryptoshekels

Yeah but Cryptoshekels died a long time ago, no more synchro on wallet!
Activity: 182
We already have cryptoshekels
Pages:
Jump to: