Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Joincoin (J) ToR Anonymous All Algorithm mining! NEW THREAD - page 18. (Read 47445 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Why block produced in solo shows [0.00]
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
why you open a new thread ? any bad news on the old thread?

The original post can't be updated because the owner is unavailable.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
why you open a new thread ? any bad news on the old thread?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Circulate more coins by different campaigns. Lot of coins stuck in the useless faucet. Circulate it by hosting twitter, facebook and signature campaigns.
I also agree! The withdrawal is 0.2 every 12 hours, but it will require a control in the disbruition by signature campaigns, for not to entopir the discussion page with useless and vague things!

I'm on windows 10 and my wallet does not want to sync! You're stuck 119 weeks ago, what's going on?

Check for addnodes in the faucet site. That will help.
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
Does anybody need a pool?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
changing the block reward scheme is easy.
the hard part is programming the fork, updating the exchanges, notifying everybody and stuff.

Let's think it over for a couple of days and probably reach a preliminary consensus over the weekend.

With a great future, I am 100% in support of this coin and luckily enough probably can get enough funding for the purpose. All I need is continuing support.

With the final work .........

Lastly, with so much great mining hosting supports, it's no problem to drastically increase block time to say 777 (and this would be the nickname of this coin) and block rewards can start at 16, as long as the network would be able to hand the future needs. This would drastically cut down the blockchain size, which when too big would make wallet client hard to handle its jobs and the wallet functions become extremely sluggish. Some coin(s) with a very short blocktime is facing such problems.  Cheesy

I'm strongly against increasing the blocksize. It would be a step back.

I think you are talking about the block time.

Oh yes, I wanted to write block time.
Activity: 884
Merit: 501
the hard part is programming the fork, updating the exchanges, notifying everybody and stuff.

Let's think it over for a couple of days and probably reach a preliminary consensus over the weekend.

With a great future, I am 100% in support of this coin and luckily enough probably can get enough funding for the purpose. All I need is continuing support.

With the final work .........

Lastly, with so much great mining hosting supports, it's no problem to drastically increase block time to say 777 (and this would be the nickname of this coin) and block rewards can start at 16, as long as the network would be able to hand the future needs. This would drastically cut down the blockchain size, which when too big would make wallet client hard to handle its jobs and the wallet functions become extremely sluggish. Some coin(s) with a very short blocktime is facing such problems.  Cheesy

I think you are talking about the block time.

It is true that a shorter block time make confirmations of transactions faster and more appealing.

The Joincoin has around 0.3 GB total blockchain files at this moment. It will very soon reach 1 GB if the blockchain advances at it maximal pace. During the life time of this coin, it has not reached the maximal blocks/day- mostly within 350-1500 blocks/day.
Most very-short-block-time altcons went through pump-dump-die, not having to face such issues.

It is still possible to leave the present block time of 45 seconds, leaving the need for solutions, say, 3-5 years down the road, when the next generations of faster CPU chips/computers might be out to prevent these issues. Or simply fork to a new coins with old wallet balances. The Bitcoin has a 500-second block time; it has a slightly larger total blockchain files size after around 9 year (since Jan 2008.)

I am fine with this- to leave alone the present block time of 45 seconds
.  Cheesy

What about the halving time of block chain rewards? I think it should be longer one, again 777 days or 999 days is good.  ("888 coin" is already taken.) Cheesy
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

With the final work based on practicality & feasibility & Critical and essentially fixes. Algo & difficulty adjustment should be considered and made but only if it is possible and easy to make. Not everything can be done exactly what we want but I would rather the team to hand the specifics of that. Consider this as once for all  and a long term fix; avoiding constant algo changes like what the Myriad coin does; we cannot afford that; And in the end, it does not really matter,for example such as the difficulty level being not exactly right, because miners come and go based on the difficulty level and adjust to that.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Circulate more coins by different campaigns. Lot of coins stuck in the useless faucet. Circulate it by hosting twitter, facebook and signature campaigns.

With the final work based on practicality & feasibility & Critical and essentially fixes. Algo & difficulty adjustment should be considered and made but only if it is possible and easy to make. Not everything can be done exactly what we want but I would rather the team to handle the specifics of these. Consider this as once for all  and a long term fix; avoiding constant algo changes like what the Myriad coin does; we cannot afford that; And in the end, it does not really matter if for example such as the difficulty level ratios between different algos being not exactly right, because miners come and go based on the difficulty level and adjust to that.

Lastly, with so many great mining pools and  supports, it's not a problem to drastically increase block time to say 777 second (and this would be the nickname of this coin) and block rewards can start at 16 (based on less daily block counts to about 1/17) , as long as the network would be able to handle the future needs. This would drastically cut down the (total) blockchain (file) size, which when too big would make wallet client hard to handle its jobs and the wallet functions become extremely sluggish. Some coin(s) with a very short blocktime is facing such problems.  Cheesy
Activity: 182
It would be great
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 519
yep, everything adds up, except the coin is useless for me now  Roll Eyes

1400000+799*0.5+1199*6+7999*5+9999*4+19999*3+586199*2 = 2719979.5 (+fees)
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 182

If you do not plug the coin dies
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Any one considering taking over, probably restarting with halving starting at 1 Joincoin/block, or perhaps fixed 0.5 Joincoin/block? It should be a lower amount of rewards no matter what, considering the initial supply has officially completely mined.

If not, we have to consider outsourcing.
Cheesy

Yes, I think it should be forked with an ever decreasing reward (1, 0.5, 0.25, etc).

Unfortunately since the coin is barely used, there are no transaction fees so mining is pointless and the total supply is very low anyway.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 519
Block reward is now 0 + fees.

So mining is essentially done, which is a shame for such a unique coin.

The CryptoID explorer did not seem to get the right count. I though it would take about one month to complete the total supply of 2.8 million Joincoin.

Before anything else, We have to rely only on transaction fee from mining.  Smiley

gettxoutsetinfo

{
"height" : 626825,
"bestblock" : "5eb3adec7772b6f067769bf3a7fe42b85bc7dd60024acb1d54e81b6fa7e77c3f",
"transactions" : 143942,
"txouts" : 398294,
"bytes_serialized" : 14594097,
"hash_serialized" : "f523544ef67a55073d6d331dc2be40f02f2fc1dceeb0f1d66d7c9992f0752abe",
"total_amount" : 2719999.50000000
}
Any one considering taking over, probably restarting with halving starting at 1 Joincoin/block, or perhaps fixed 0.5 Joincoin/block? It should be a lower amount of rewards no matter what, considering the initial supply has been officially completely mined.

If not, we have to consider outsourcing.
Cheesy
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

and whats about this? http://j.explorer.bitnodes.net/

We're at block 626825 at the time of writing.

The last block with a reward was 626200:

Code:
    int64 nSubsidy = 0;
    if (nHeight == 1) nSubsidy = 1400000 * COIN; // IPO block
    else
    if (nHeight <= 800) nSubsidy = 0.5 * COIN;
    else
    if (nHeight <= 2000) nSubsidy = 6 * COIN;
    else
    if (nHeight <= 10000) nSubsidy = 5 * COIN;
    else
    if (nHeight <= 20000) nSubsidy = 4 * COIN;
    else
    if (nHeight <= 40000) nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
    else
    if (nHeight <= 626200) nSubsidy = 2 * COIN;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
Activity: 263
semux

and whats about this? http://j.explorer.bitnodes.net/

The CryptoID explorer did not seem to get the right count. I though it would take about one month to complete the total supply of 2.8 million Joincoin.

Before anything else, We have to rely only on transaction fee from mining.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: