Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Joincoin (J) ToR Anonymous All Algorithm mining! NEW THREAD - page 23. (Read 47445 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Please add a link to the old thread: it can be a useful source of information.
I'd highlight the sections a bit more for a better readability.
Thanks.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
The x11 chain has the same difficulty as the x15 one.
Come on guys! :-)
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
It would be great to fix the tor implementation or remove it so pools can run multiple wallets on one machine...

yes that would be good to get fixed 
then we would see Joincoin on more pools

anyone know how to fix it ?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
It would be great to fix the tor implementation or remove it so pools can run multiple wallets on one machine...
Activity: 884
Merit: 501
The main problem in getting android/ios/electrum wallets is that it would not be an easy task for this kind of Multi-Algo POW crypto; therefore, it would be hard, even to outsource the tasks, if not impossible, unless it has been done relatively quite routinely by any other cryptos.  Cheesy
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Some thoughts.

Why Joincoin: because it's a stable coin with strong POW and tor anonymity. Is that enough to make it worth existing? Probably, but in the long term we must develop something to make it interesting and not just another coin. Or, we can simply keep it going like a wealth storage, but in this case the block reward must lower with time (no sense to invest in a coin which is surely going down because of long term inflation).

What I can do: I've been in coin development for a while, even though I have never been a major developer of any coin. I just do not have enough free time. But I can implement minor changes or bugfixes to the wallet, for example.

Other developments: additional wallets like android/ios/electrum is the usual additions many coins do. See Groestlcoin for example. I think they outsourced the work: we may consider something similar.

Finally I would stay away from POS unless we can find a competent dev with long term commitment (very hard).
legendary
NodeMasters
So we are now on our new thread
What do we want to do with the coin ?

any suggestions ?  (keep it clean)

I know that we would like POS on the coin but that's been looked into by a LOT of different Devs and its just not possible
Unless you know better ?

So let have your suggestions

thanks
Paul

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
HI all

I never followed the original thread, but i'm interested in how the mining side of things works...

How do you keep the mining fair between each different Algos? i mean is there a factor involved that adjust the difficulty between each different Algo?
e.g. if i was mining using NIST5 would i find a block quicker than if i was using X15? as there are 3x more rounds of hashing involved...

Each algo has its own difficulty retarget. So hashrate between NIST5 and X15 doesn't matter, your earnings are based on how much your hashrate compared to every else's hashrate is (total network hashrate).

...compared to everyone else mining on the same algo.
the chains are independent.
i.e. if someone is mining on x11 at 1 Th/s, you can still get a lot of coins by mining x13 (if it has low diff).

I thought that was a given but yes, you're right.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
HI all

I never followed the original thread, but i'm interested in how the mining side of things works...

How do you keep the mining fair between each different Algos? i mean is there a factor involved that adjust the difficulty between each different Algo?
e.g. if i was mining using NIST5 would i find a block quicker than if i was using X15? as there are 3x more rounds of hashing involved...

Each algo has its own difficulty retarget. So hashrate between NIST5 and X15 doesn't matter, your earnings are based on how much your hashrate compared to every else's hashrate is (total network hashrate).

...compared to everyone else mining on the same algo.
the chains are independent.
i.e. if someone is mining on x11 at 1 Th/s, you can still get a lot of coins by mining x13 (if it has low diff).
legendary
NodeMasters
HI all

Coin diff is
./joincoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 1030000,
    "protocolversion" : 1004,
    "walletversion" : 100,
    "balance" : 0.0000000,
    "blocks" : 326043,
    "timeoffset" : -9,
    "connections" : 38,
    "proxy" : "",
    "pow_algo_id" : 0,
    "pow_algo" : "sha",
    "difficulty" : 289379.96874840,
    "difficulty_sha" : 289379.96874840,
    "difficulty_x11" : 9.01687019,
    "difficulty_x13" : 12.02918502,
    "difficulty_x15" : 5.19482578,
    "difficulty_scrypt" : 30.50123445,
    "difficulty_nist5" : 26.44718983,
    "difficulty_groestle" : 51.32656402,
    "difficulty_pentablake" : 71.68538174,
    "difficulty_whirlpool" : 12.00462813,
    "difficulty_luffa" : 182.12071211,
    "difficulty_keccak" : 482.95699234,
    "difficulty_quark" : 13.84206787,
    "difficulty_bastion" : 2.06755347,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1451916567,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
HI all

legendary
NodeMasters
Might be helpful to add a known issue, that join will not run more than one instance on a single machine...

We currently mine J on www.zpool.ca on the x13 algo.

Can you add it to the OP?

Thanks!
Done
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
Might be helpful to add a known issue, that join will not run more than one instance on a single machine...

We currently mine J on www.zpool.ca on the x13 algo.

Can you add it to the OP?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
HI all

legendary
NodeMasters
Thanks for the new thread.
Please add a link to the bittrex exchange page.
Done
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Thanks for the new thread.
Please add a link to the bittrex exchange page.
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Ill be watching this
legendary
NodeMasters
Please include the wallet links and other info from this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12876374

done
i will make them nice when i get home tonight 
legendary
NodeMasters
Intresting concept will keep and eye on this.
You're a trusteworthy guy paul, best of luck with the project  Smiley

Thanks for that
i will need help its not going to be just me running this but im sure we will keep joincoin going in the right direction
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Please include the wallet links and other info from this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12876374
Pages:
Jump to: