Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN! - page 32. (Read 470251 times)

Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
October 31, 2014, 08:21:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It's replenished now.
Nu uh! (Server Balance: 0 JPCs) Tongue
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
October 31, 2014, 10:57:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up. It's replenished now.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
October 31, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
the JPC faucet went from like 90 thousand to zero i see.

Uh oh  Shocked Theft!!!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 31, 2014, 03:57:04 AM
the JPC faucet went from like 90 thousand to zero i see.
Activity: 476
October 30, 2014, 11:50:49 AM
okay, my last month's wallet.dat worked fine, synced up and with the proper amount of JPC.  Crisis averted.  Anyway, yes, definitely CRUCIAL to backup wallets regularily.  Is there any difference or benefit to backing up .dat files instead of private keys?  I like that a backed up .dat still is encrypted, so it's useless to anyone that would potentially steal it.  I currently back them up in an encrypted RAR5 (with a strong password that isn't any of my wallet passwords).  My google account has 2FA as well so I feel that it's sufficiently secure.  Any problems with continuing this?

That's not a bad way to do it.  As long as you have backups going back far enough that should work fine.  I just like the fact I can import my private keys into a new wallet if needed to and my wallet was getting close to 100mb from previous transactions so it was nice to get it back down to 18mb by creating a new wallet and importing the couple keys I was still actively using and that had a balance.  When it comes to money I just like to have multiple ways  Grin

Okay, that makes total sense.  For the time being I've been too busy to spend the time to figure out what all the private key business was about, but I can see the advantage to both ways.  What worries me though, is if someone had my private key, they could rebuild my wallet without the password?

Yup, that's why you print or write them on paper, or put them on a usb thumb drive in a text file and put it in the safe or safety deposit box  Grin

Okay, makes sense.  I also just realized how important that might be for anyone with large amounts of money in crypto in the event something happens, your family could still recover it.  Should private keys be stored often, or is it a once per wallet deal?

Thanks again for all the help.  Guess we're getting off topic here, but it should be okay as it IS related to my original problem. 

Generally if you are just mining and it's going to the same address all the time, then one backup CAN be ok, but I would do it every so often regardless to make sure.  If you're sending to exchanges and to and from the wallet all the time and you're not using a custom change address, there will be random new addresses for change, but that normally won't add up to that much where you need to worry. 

The last time I reworked my wallet, I sent everything to an exchange, started a new wallet, and then transferred everything back to one address.  So theoretically I only had to back up that one private key, but I kept the old ones just in case I missed something.  In a month I'm curious to see how many new addresses the wallet adds by itself for change.  My old wallet was a clunky mess due to so many addresses being from day 1, so it will be nice to see the difference.

(I mainly redid my wallet because there was so much transaction history from an old address from the first mining pool I was on and it wasn't letting me send greater than 500k coins at pretty random times. Works fine now)
Activity: 606
Merit: 278
06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101
October 29, 2014, 03:34:39 PM
okay, my last month's wallet.dat worked fine, synced up and with the proper amount of JPC.  Crisis averted.  Anyway, yes, definitely CRUCIAL to backup wallets regularily.  Is there any difference or benefit to backing up .dat files instead of private keys?  I like that a backed up .dat still is encrypted, so it's useless to anyone that would potentially steal it.  I currently back them up in an encrypted RAR5 (with a strong password that isn't any of my wallet passwords).  My google account has 2FA as well so I feel that it's sufficiently secure.  Any problems with continuing this?

That's not a bad way to do it.  As long as you have backups going back far enough that should work fine.  I just like the fact I can import my private keys into a new wallet if needed to and my wallet was getting close to 100mb from previous transactions so it was nice to get it back down to 18mb by creating a new wallet and importing the couple keys I was still actively using and that had a balance.  When it comes to money I just like to have multiple ways  Grin

Okay, that makes total sense.  For the time being I've been too busy to spend the time to figure out what all the private key business was about, but I can see the advantage to both ways.  What worries me though, is if someone had my private key, they could rebuild my wallet without the password?

Yup, that's why you print or write them on paper, or put them on a usb thumb drive in a text file and put it in the safe or safety deposit box  Grin

Okay, makes sense.  I also just realized how important that might be for anyone with large amounts of money in crypto in the event something happens, your family could still recover it.  Should private keys be stored often, or is it a once per wallet deal?

Thanks again for all the help.  Guess we're getting off topic here, but it should be okay as it IS related to my original problem. 
October 28, 2014, 10:04:34 AM

October 28, 2014, 09:25:27 AM

October 27, 2014, 10:32:21 AM

October 26, 2014, 11:32:51 PM
October 26, 2014, 05:29:22 AM
Did JPC ever fork??  I had about 18 million in my wallet, slowly acquiring JPC at a normal rate, sent a bit here and there between bittrex, all normal.  Suddenly I wake up the next day and I have 26 million and it doesn't make any sense, so I just delete the blockchain and redownload it.  Now I'm fully synced again though and I have 14.3m  I already checked for any transactions or security holes and I couldn't find any (not to mention if I did magically get hacked, only stealing 4m wouldn't make sense).

Logically, I feel like I must have somehow forked around 14.3m in the first place, but a couple months ago I had 18m, sold 1m on bittrex, and then slowly mined and staked back up to 18m again.  I DEFINITELY sold that million, as I used that to acquire some BTC and nothing was fucky with that.

I'm going to try backing this wallet up and restoring an older copy and download the blockchain again to see if that makes any sense but I am at a COMPLETE loss here.

Thanks to anyone that can help or provide some knowledge on this matter.

EDIT:  Don't have any RCP commands allowed in the conf file, and I'm behind a software firewall and a router with a hardware firewall, running a competent anti-virus. qt wallet 1.5, Windows 7 x64

I've had this kind of stuff happen with other wallets, but not JPC so far.  On a different coin I think I somehow got on a different fork from the big pools and since I never closed and reopened the wallet on occasion, it just stayed on that fork for some time.  I think that was mostly when I was solomining though.

I think it is more likely that the wallet needs a rebuild or you need to start fresh and import your private keys.  (If you haven't started to already, I'd make it a habit to back up your private keys and store them somewhere safe offline just in case.

Okay I'll figure out about private keys and such.  I have monthly snapshots of my wallet.dat fortunately.  Hope that'll help me.
October 26, 2014, 02:40:33 AM
Did JPC ever fork??  I had about 18 million in my wallet, slowly acquiring JPC at a normal rate, sent a bit here and there between bittrex, all normal.  Suddenly I wake up the next day and I have 26 million and it doesn't make any sense, so I just delete the blockchain and redownload it.  Now I'm fully synced again though and I have 14.3m  I already checked for any transactions or security holes and I couldn't find any (not to mention if I did magically get hacked, only stealing 4m wouldn't make sense).

Logically, I feel like I must have somehow forked around 14.3m in the first place, but a couple months ago I had 18m, sold 1m on bittrex, and then slowly mined and staked back up to 18m again.  I DEFINITELY sold that million, as I used that to acquire some BTC and nothing was fucky with that.

I'm going to try backing this wallet up and restoring an older copy and download the blockchain again to see if that makes any sense but I am at a COMPLETE loss here.

EDIT:  Don't have any RCP commands allowed in the conf file, and I'm behind a software firewall and a router with a hardware firewall, running a competent anti-virus. qt wallet 1.5, Windows 7 x64

I've had this kind of stuff happen with other wallets, but not JPC so far.  On a different coin I think I somehow got on a different fork from the big pools and since I never closed and reopened the wallet on occasion, it just stayed on that fork for some time.  I think that was mostly when I was solomining though.

I think it is more likely that the wallet needs a rebuild or you need to start fresh and import your private keys.  (If you haven't started to already, I'd make it a habit to back up your private keys and store them somewhere safe offline just in case.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 26, 2014, 01:18:21 AM
I had an idea that has come back to me again and again..
BUT ! ..you all do not seem very receptive about a Name /Theme change etc so that kind of kills my idea.
I too just finished saying i did not like the idea of a name change so i'm being a bit hypocritical sorry lol

i've poked around and/or contacted a famous person and a famous service of sorts seeing if they would bite.
and i seen the famous guy do something on TV that makes me think of we get the ball rolling we could maybe get this person on board *some what.
i don't want to come out with it in full just yet but i HAVE brought my idea many times since last year Wink

what i would propose is not changing ANYTHING at all about the coin itself aside from branding basically.
why ? FUN and profit of course LOL

my idea is not a fake way to draw in new users but that is what would happen i bet !
so i want to get you guys all here thinking.. would you all be into talking about it and making a vote on a *potential name change in a new topic in ALT/Main ?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 25, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
@Tyr808
not sure what to suggest but have you checked out the activity logs all over thoroughly ?
inside the wallet and on exchanges and maybe the wallet debug log too ?
the log file may have info going way back not sure..
but if there was fishy / buggy activity it would likely show it.. *if it goes back far enough ?

i'd use a hex editor like Ultra Edit to open the log file no matter how big it is and spend time sifting through it.

gl eh Wink
October 25, 2014, 03:14:49 PM

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 23, 2014, 10:46:45 PM
@vegasguy
good questions i find some of that tech details confusing Sad

as in i would like to adjust my coins for the absolute max possible optimization !

@Dotcommie he was asking where can he see it as in i think like.. is there a debug console command that can tell us ?
and i don't know..
October 23, 2014, 10:09:12 PM
Guys I am sure this has been asked before. Its a question regarding maximum block size for jackpot for staking purposes. On the OP it says: "maximum coins for non-split the coin : 100,000 or 1/64 of balance"

So I have 6,823,650 as a total balance. 1/64 of that is 106,619. So do I have this correct that my maximum coin block size for staking is 106,619? What happens if I create a coin block for say 200,000??

I want to make larger block sizes because its taking forever to stake loads of 100,000 block coins, there are 68 of them. I suppose its a good problem to have , but Id rather have a smaller amount of larger block sizes.

Also I know the POS rate goes down. How can I know the current pos rate %?

Thanks in advance.

Vegas

I just started a new wallet on mine after sending the coins out and then sending back in.  (I had coins from week1 that apparently were making the wallet almost 80mb and slowing things down)

I guess I'm doing the same as you, previously I just left them however i received them so I had thousands of transactions at 1,000-50,000 each and it was staking all the time, but somewhere shortly before or after the fork it started staking less.  Guessing if your amount is over 100,000 it figures it out on it's own, but I'll let you know because i just transferred mine back in in chunks of 2m each.  When I transferred 4m to the wallet on my mac and left it for a day I think it put 1.5m on stake and the 1 stake I got was a decent amount larger than normal, but i don't recall exactly.  I'm pretty sure it was said before that it evens out in the end, but I'd have to go look back through the thread to find out what was said about it.

As for the POS rate, I thought it was in the OP?  A certain percentage the first year and then it goes down each following year?  I'll have a look and edit this if I find it.  

**Yup, right in OP and on jackpot website**
PoS daily interest payout initially at 0.1% per day (equivalent to 44% annual interest rate), gradually dropping down to 0.01% per day (equivalent to 3.7% annual rate), the decrease will be over a period of 5 years (rate adjusted each 3 months). Then it will stay at this rate.
Minimum holding time before the pos will be generated: 1 day.
Max accumulated coin-day is 30 days (after 30 days, only the 30-day coin-day will be counted).

You can do the math from there, but I don't think there's a way to see exactly the current %.  Something like .09% per day now?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
October 23, 2014, 04:19:37 PM
Guys I am sure this has been asked before. Its a question regarding maximum block size for jackpot for staking purposes. On the OP it says: "maximum coins for non-split the coin : 100,000 or 1/64 of balance"

So I have 6,823,650 as a total balance. 1/64 of that is 106,619. So do I have this correct that my maximum coin block size for staking is 106,619? What happens if I create a coin block for say 200,000??

I want to make larger block sizes because its taking forever to stake loads of 100,000 block coins, there are 68 of them. I suppose its a good problem to have , but Id rather have a smaller amount of larger block sizes.

Also I know the POS rate goes down. How can I know the current pos rate %?

Thanks in advance.

Vegas

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 23, 2014, 11:39:59 AM
ya well said commie !
it's been smooth sailing unlike a lot of coins.

another dice site would still be good although it was a benefit of sorts not a key feature we advertised..

doesn't help when some exchanges delist us either like Poloniex..

what can i say ?
other than i vote keep the name lol

people are interested in hopping to the most profitable coin.. there lies the problem.
we have seen guys whine about mining profitability here a lot so obviously they just bounced over to any other coin that is giving them more dump profits.
and unlike current trends at least we have a sane and reasonable stake percentage unlike this hyperstake nonsense fad / trend  Roll Eyes

obviously usability is key.. pandering to the pump and dump crowd is only going to do so much
and how much usability can a coin have.. it's a fucking coin.. use it LOL
is it suppose to grab a guitar and sing and dance for me ?
i've been using it for ages pretty much from the start and it works perfectly fine as a currency and unlike most dumpy shit coins i am still CPU mining it !

not sure what to suggest people will do what their gonna do.. and we're in a greedy / selfish scene where guys think of things short term mostly  Roll Eyes
and i knew damn well most guys were going leave when profitability died off long ago i just sat back and waited for it and sure enough..
October 21, 2014, 07:28:45 PM
I also would keep the name. maybe more marking efforts are needed, and, as stated by Dotcommie an anon feature would be great.

I don't think I made that statement specifically, but it couldn't hurt.  I think people were asking for it a couple months ago when anon was all the rage though.

I'm more interested in having a stable, fast, and trustworthy coin that isn't full of untrustworthy, scammy, people.  We've had a few trolls in the past, but we've been relatively free of any real drama and when there are any concerns or real problems the devs take care of them quickly.  It's nice that they don't rush out buggy software and that the jackpot concept has been working perfectly with almost no hiccups since launch.
Pages:
Jump to: