Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 369. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
I am thinking about a little investment of arround 0.7BTC in this Coin. But it is still worth for now or is the big hype now over?

Mate the hype is never over....Hype Hype Hype

Cheers Jon  Wink
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I am thinking about a little investment of arround 0.7BTC in this Coin. But it is still worth for now or is the big hype now over?
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
[
The idea is to enhance our inhouse GUI development with external GUI dev (team)

The bounty and prize should provide a very good risk reward to competent GUI devs and even a good project manager could put together a team with the 10,000 KMD as a budget and get a chance at the $100,000 prize.

decentralizing GUI development.

For all those that complain about GUI development speed, we can see whether its true that you can just magically get GUI done by offering money for it.

How much worth my complain about kmd interests distributed to miners because of bugged wallet suggested to use, instead?

I would like to know who mined this block
http://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/block/000000464e48418bb3423c21c29eb1f31bf847e8ea9e39b59e54f64d5e773340

...I have to ask refund for 630 kmd for a transaction sent with bugged komodo swing wallet
Have someone of you contacted komodo mining pool? Are you going to do it, please?
Activity: 17
a good time to buy in! as the team is working hard to release the best future things on the market... DEX, Jumblr, Komodo wallet and more stuff.

Yes, I'm spreading the word via Twitter, reddit and other boards. I think this project has nearly the same potential like ETH.  Smiley
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
a good time to buy in! as the team is working hard to release the best future things on the market... DEX, Jumblr, Komodo wallet and more stuff.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
As I sense it komodo is now stepping up the gas pedal with conference attendance, Komodo wallet, Jumblr snapshot and hiring more staff to do work rapidly.
Activity: 476
Merit: 133

To spice things up, I am considering a usability contest where the most used GUI gets an additional bonus. By having a specific deadline for tallying the usage, this incentives an early release, but of course if it is early but not so good, it wont get much usage.

The bonus amount I want to be big enough to get some project management types to manage a few devs. To achieve this effect, I am proposing a $100,000 USD equivalent of KMD (max of 50,000)

So if you can manage a barterDEX GUI project, you can get it accepted as a bounty setaside to make sure that you recoup your costs and also get a shot at the $100,000 bonus. In addition to the nice money bonus, the winning GUI will become the official barterDEX GUI, which will of course establish whoever created this to be a bona fide award winning GUI dev (team).

Feedback appreciated, this is an idea that is in the process of being formed so now is the time for feedback before it becomes set. The 10,000 per GUI is already set, but the number of approved GUI projects is not and the specific way the winning GUI will be selected is not finalized

Hi jl777,

At first I wish to thank you for your efforts and time in this project. I really love your work and your professional approach. That's why I'm an absolute believer in this project.

BTT: I'm thinking with this bonus we should be able to hire some professional developers or a project leader. At the moment I'm leading an outsourcing project with some IT engineers based in India and our company is based in Europe. There are really good people there and they have a salary of 1.000 - 1.500$ per month (with master degree and several years of working experience). Also in East Europe there are smart and well educated people which are having lesser living costs than in other countries. Perhaps it would be a smart idea to hire some of them and paying them a fix, generous salary in USD? Because I'm not sure if we will find the right people here in the crypto market. That way we are also able to complete some different GUIs with different technologies in a few weeks or months.

Just a few thoughts from my side.

Best regards!

Well, jl777 IS a "professional developer" and project leader. Actually, there is quite a team already in place:

See https://komodoplatform.com/#about

and

https://www.supernet.org/en/supernet/team  

Also many on that team are already in paid positions.

Oh. I think it got lost in translation. Sorry for that.

I know jl777 is a professional developer and project leader. I've been a fan of his work since 2014 with BTCD. And I'm also aware of the professional team around him.

But instead looking for somebody in this community who develop a GUI and offering him a payment in KMD (in the worth of 10.000 USD), my proposal was to hire some more fulltime developers for the GUI development and pay them in USD. So to say in the form of a real project outsourcing initiative.
The idea is to enhance our inhouse GUI development with external GUI dev (team)

The bounty and prize should provide a very good risk reward to competent GUI devs and even a good project manager could put together a team with the 10,000 KMD as a budget and get a chance at the $100,000 prize.

decentralizing GUI development.

For all those that complain about GUI development speed, we can see whether its true that you can just magically get GUI done by offering money for it.

To spice things up, I am considering a usability contest where the most used GUI gets an additional bonus. By having a specific deadline for tallying the usage, this incentives an early release, but of course if it is early but not so good, it wont get much usage.

The bonus amount I want to be big enough to get some project management types to manage a few devs. To achieve this effect, I am proposing a $100,000 USD equivalent of KMD (max of 50,000)

So if you can manage a barterDEX GUI project, you can get it accepted as a bounty setaside to make sure that you recoup your costs and also get a shot at the $100,000 bonus. In addition to the nice money bonus, the winning GUI will become the official barterDEX GUI, which will of course establish whoever created this to be a bona fide award winning GUI dev (team).

Feedback appreciated, this is an idea that is in the process of being formed so now is the time for feedback before it becomes set. The 10,000 per GUI is already set, but the number of approved GUI projects is not and the specific way the winning GUI will be selected is not finalized

Hi jl777,

At first I wish to thank you for your efforts and time in this project. I really love your work and your professional approach. That's why I'm an absolute believer in this project.

BTT: I'm thinking with this bonus we should be able to hire some professional developers or a project leader. At the moment I'm leading an outsourcing project with some IT engineers based in India and our company is based in Europe. There are really good people there and they have a salary of 1.000 - 1.500$ per month (with master degree and several years of working experience). Also in East Europe there are smart and well educated people which are having lesser living costs than in other countries. Perhaps it would be a smart idea to hire some of them and paying them a fix, generous salary in USD? Because I'm not sure if we will find the right people here in the crypto market. That way we are also able to complete some different GUIs with different technologies in a few weeks or months.

Best regards!

Well, jl777 IS a "professional developer" and project leader. Actually, there is quite a team already in place:

and

Oh. I think it got lost in translation. Sorry for that.

I know jl777 is a professional developer and project leader. I've been a fan of his work since 2014 with BTCD. And I'm also aware of the professional team around him.

But instead looking for somebody in this community who develop a GUI and offering him a payment in KMD (in the worth of 10.000 USD), my proposal was to hire some more fulltime developers for the GUI development and pay them in USD. So to say in the form of a real project outsourcing initiative.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
If anybody would like to send a bit of hashing power our way it would be apreciated me and a few friends mining on my ghetto pool http://92.14.101.5:8080/stats want to load test/payment test so nothing is guaranteed as of yet if it works and i can handle it i would concider bringing a server host into it. More nodes !
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Hi jl777,

Best regards!

and

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Hi,

in your presentation you say, that to get the interest it is not neccessary to do anything. But i thought we have to do at least one transaction?

So what is correct?

Many thanks
The interest come by bit every hour without doing anything and will give you 5% after a year of holding.
The transactions are only needed when you want the interests to be part of your initial capital.
Let's say your wallet shows a balance of 1K kmd and interests earned up to now is 30 kmd, the total balance will be 1030 kmd. To get the interests into the working capital you make transactions to yourself so now you will start earning interests from 1030 kmd and the interests earned will be back to 0.
Activity: 476
Merit: 133

Hi,

in your presentation you say, that to get the interest it is not neccessary to do anything. But i thought we have to do at least one transaction?

So what is correct?

Many thanks
Both are correct. It is a matter of interpretation.

If you have something and are able to spend it, then it seems that you have it. The way the utxo system works, the inputs are increased by the accrued interest. So really, it is just as if you already had it.

but until you spend it, it is only accrued and doesnt exist anywhere.

If interest is accrued and you are able to spend it, do you have it?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Hi,

So what is correct?

Many thanks

We are producing a clear guide about what has to be done, which is not much: https://support.supernet.org/solution/articles/29000011838-how-to-claim-your-interest

Later on Agama Wallet will have a 'claim interest' button.

Hey i want to exchange my BTCD. But ICO site is down. I´m to late?

ICO site will be fixed soon, it is now the priority. After that everyone is able to swap. The swap lasts the whole year.
Activity: 14

Hi,

So what is correct?

Many thanks
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Hey i want to exchange my BTCD. But ICO site is down. I´m to late?
Activity: 18
How do we get the REVS asset? I Held my BTCD until the last swap that happened before the security issues on the ico site. How do I obtain REVS, do I need to submit my BTCD private key somewhere? Or did I miss out on this?

Thanks  Grin

Hi jl777,

Best regards!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
From the last time I read about KMD, I'd say it come a long way and will continue to prosper as it nears the date of JUMBLR snapshot . Never thought that komodo has also a polymorphic property in its DNA. It is a kinda feeling that JUMBLR won't be the last asset to be spawn out of KMD. So HODL.
Jump to: