Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 497. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Bittrex wallet is still under maintenance. Has anyone from the Komodo community been in contact with them? Missing out on staking rewards while they figure out their wallet issues. (yes, I'm well aware that this isn't Bittrex support - I just figured I'd ask here first)
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM
If you are interested about the technical details why Iguana was renamed to Agama you can read the following Slack post by Satinder:

Quote from: grewalsatinder
I see 1 question asked  again and again, and someone also asked that same in PM. So, sharing the answer here in public channel as well:
I had a question about Iguana's name change
Why as it done?

Iguana Desktop execution file name was Iguana with capital I, and iguana daemon which provides iguana APIs was iguana with small letter i

now we have noticed the wallet sometimes doesn’t kill the previous iguana daemon, and the session keeps running using that.

user starts the wallet again, and the new session password doesn’t match with the previous session password running iguana daemon process.

that leads to non-responsive, non-working Desktop.

So, the solution was when the Desktop Wallet starts, kill any previously running iguana daemon, and then start the new iguana daemon process.

But, there’s the problem

to the kill command it doesn’t really matter if it’s small letter iguana or capital letter Iguana. It’ll just kill that.

So, activating that code resulting in killing the Desktop Iguana Process, and that made impossible to solve this technical issue.

On the other hand from marketing point of view, it was quite confusing talking about Iguana Desktop an iguana core!

So, the most ideal solution! Rename the Desktop Wallet name!

Since we are at very small scale and still building our userbase it doesn’t cost anything to do this change.

And we renamed Iguana Desktop to Agama Desktop.

ok but i have now a real issue when i start agama i get that error

my antivirus (kaspersky security 17) detected something as a thread i cleaned it up but this error showed up before
after i clicked on ok at that error the loading screen of agama daemon was showing up but nothing happened.
after this nothing happens when you get that error.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
If you are interested about the technical details why Iguana was renamed to Agama you can read the following Slack post by Satinder:

Quote from: grewalsatinder
I see 1 question asked  again and again, and someone also asked that same in PM. So, sharing the answer here in public channel as well:
I had a question about Iguana's name change
Why as it done?

Iguana Desktop execution file name was Iguana with capital I, and iguana daemon which provides iguana APIs was iguana with small letter i

now we have noticed the wallet sometimes doesn’t kill the previous iguana daemon, and the session keeps running using that.

user starts the wallet again, and the new session password doesn’t match with the previous session password running iguana daemon process.

that leads to non-responsive, non-working Desktop.

So, the solution was when the Desktop Wallet starts, kill any previously running iguana daemon, and then start the new iguana daemon process.

But, there’s the problem

to the kill command it doesn’t really matter if it’s small letter iguana or capital letter Iguana. It’ll just kill that.

So, activating that code resulting in killing the Desktop Iguana Process, and that made impossible to solve this technical issue.

On the other hand from marketing point of view, it was quite confusing talking about Iguana Desktop an iguana core!

So, the most ideal solution! Rename the Desktop Wallet name!

Since we are at very small scale and still building our userbase it doesn’t cost anything to do this change.

And we renamed Iguana Desktop to Agama Desktop.
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM
i have found a little "bug" at the installation there still is "please wait until iguana gets installed" but i install agama
Set Your Ideas Free
Hey Guys, can someone help me with the payout?

I want to send my KMD to Bittrex, but when I try to do the payout, there is always an address already entered, where the KMD are supposed to be sent to.

I don´t know where taht address points to. How can I change it?

Thank you very much!

Yes, it will withdraw to whatever KMD address you have active. You must first change the KMD address through the 'home' tab.

The instructions are in OP:

How to send your KMD to an exchange

- go to 'home' tab
- click 'use exsisting KMD address'
- input the deposit KMD address you got from an exchange
- Now that you have the correct KMD address you can proceed to the 'payout' tab
- Since you are using a 3rd party address you don't have the seed, and thus you will click 'skip'
- Follow instructions and confirm the withdrawal

Warning: make sure you are doing the withdrawal to a correct address! Once we send out the KMD there is no way to retrieve it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Edit:  Hey, who deleted TheRealNeo's posts?  Reverse trolling can't work if you delete them, folks!   Grin
Those posts can be counted as low quality posts and Moderator won't hesitate when he sees them. I'm surprised how people spending their time on internet trolling around without purpose.
Im not en ICO iinvestor but i have bought it recently couse i think this is bargain price now, and i will wait for Komodo to wake up.
Evry coin resently had rise almost 100%, and those coins without any significance are interesting for whales? Strange situation. They probably waiting good oportunity for accumulation. Cool

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hey Guys, can someone help me with the payout?

I want to send my KMD to Bittrex, but when I try to do the payout, there is always an address already entered, where the KMD are supposed to be sent to.

I don´t know where taht address points to. How can I change it?

Thank you very much!
Activity: 282
Merit: 260

My only worry is this baby pumping to $3 shortly after I have decided to sell at $1!!!   Kiss

for this reason you have to wait to 0.01 Grin Grin
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Hello miners,
we are proud to announce http://komodominingpool.com/ (beta-test) MINING POOL FOR NEW KOMODO COIN (KMD)

HOW TO CONNECT
stratum+tcp://komodominigpool.cloud:5555 ( Auto VarDiff - suitable for CPU and GPU )
To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner with komodo address ( !! NOT USE ZCASH ADDRESS to T-ADDRESS !! )
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:5555 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- Stratum and auto vardiff for efficient mining
- Payouts are done every 30 minutes. However, 101 confirmations for a block are required to receive a payment in your wallet.
- 0% fees
- Support with Gitter chat

NOTE: this pool use komodo daemon 1.0.5 ( https://github.com/jl777/komodo ) and it's in beta ..

Any comments, suggestions and integrations are welcome

Happy mining!

Looks nice so far, just started mining.

thank you but again same problem ...

here my steps
- reset the blockchain, from ~/.komodo rm -rf blocks chainstate debug.log komodostate db.log

inside komodo dir
- git checkout beta
- git pull
- ./zcutil/fetch-params.sh
- ./zcutil/build.sh -j2
all it's ok

./komodod &
after 1hour of resync

2017-03-25 15:23:01 [Pool]   [komodo] (Thread 2) getblocktemplate call failed for daemon instance 0 with error {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

./komodod crash again

socket hang up is an error I havent seen. could be some network issue.
It seems the resync is indeed 2x as fast. If it will rescan/resync again, I suggest that you sync without mining, exit, make a complete backup.

This way you can always resume from a very recent block no matter what happens.

Now, try mining with just one thread and see if it is stable. It could be multithreaded mining has a recent issue? I will investigat this socket hang up to see what it could be

thank you jl777
i try again with as you suggest.
i updated beta branch now, recompiled komodo with -j1 and resync coin ( wait )
now service mining it's not active, i will inform you asap

Regards

Again....

2017-03-26 00:22:47 [Payments]   [komodo] Error with payment processing daemon {"type":"offline","message":"connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8232"}
2017-03-26 00:22:49 [Payments]   [komodo] Unable to get operation ids for clearing.

error in this point ( z_getoperationstatus )
z-nomp/libs/paymentProcessor.js

377-384
       daemon.cmd('z_getoperationstatus', null, function (result) {
          if (result.error) {
            logger.warning(logSystem, logComponent, 'Unable to get operation ids for clearing.');
          }
          if (result.response) {
            checkOpIdSuccessAndGetResult(result.response);
          }
       }, true, true);
    }, opid_interval);

this looks like a different error, so some progress.

are you sure z-nomp is configured correctly?
127.0.0.1:8232 is not a KMD port
also KMD doesnt mine to z-addresses, it mines to transparent addresses, so not sure why it is looking for operation ids.

My guess is that the nomp isnt quite matched up. movetocrypto should be able to help you

i fix all issues (also in node code too) and pool works very well now.
Komodo daemon in 2x faster now, nice work jl777!

i add port 6666 for big gpus rigs with max diff(16)
( !! NOT USE ZCASH ADDRESS to T-ADDRESS AND Z_ADDRESS !! )

HOW TO CONNECT
To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner with komodo address
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:5555 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1 ( Auto VarDiff - suitable for CPU and GPU )
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:6666 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1 (Max VarDiff - suitable for big GPUs RIG )

Happy mining komodo users
Cheers

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
payout created last week, not yet received  Huh
Activity: 49
Activity: 154
Very good returns, thanks to developers Grin
legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271
Activity: 49
I had to try few times just to success, even if you git clone, make git checkout "" , git pull, ... that's the only way I couldd fix this  Undecided
Activity: 186
Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro
I've been trying for weeks to get some Komodo I purchased/mined onto an exchange but I am having no luck.  I have tried so many different versions of the Iguana/Agama app on both Windows and Mac and I can never get a transaction to send.  It always get stuck at transmitting transaction and then eventually takes me back to the activate coin screen.  I have been trying for weeks to send a transaction.  I've tried refreshing balances right before sending and every other piece of advice I have seen.  What am I missing?

It sounds like you have some edge case bug. There are so many variables in play that it takes time to iron out all of them. For example, recently we fixed a bug that was present in on out of ~500 KMD addresses.

If you would be so kind to join our Slack and report the bug in more detail. Alternatively go to 'view' and then 'toggle developer tools' and select 'console'. Then try to send a transaction again, take a screenshot and PM me all the details including your operating system.

Because of these cases we recently came up with a temporary solution where you run Agama from a live USB stick or CD. See the guide below:

How to Run Agama From a Ubuntu 16.04 Bootable USB Drive

Since Komodo Native Mode is available for All major platforms (Winblows, OS X and Linux), I highly recommend on using Native Mode over other modes. Only use Basilisk Mode just in case you are impatient on downloading Blockchain.

And those who might have trouble sending transactions via Basilisk Mode in recent weeks should be aware that we had been dealing with Blockchain event. And Basilisk Mode depends on Notary Nodes. Whenever Notary Nodes are updating with latest Komodo versions and fixing blockchain, Basilisk Mode will either be slow or not responsive. Now that we are getting on more stable and solid network than before such issues should be expected to be lesser.

In case you are having issues with Native Mode may be doing resync of Komodo Blockchain might be helpful. You can try that by deleting blockchain data from Komodo Data Directory and just keeping your wallet.dat and komodo.conf there, and then start Native Mode in Agama Desktop Wallet.

You'll be deleting these files and directories only from Komodo Data directory:

Code:
blocks/
chainstate/
db.log
debug.log
fee_estimates.dat
komodostate
peers.dat
realtime
signedmasks
database/
komodofeed
komodod.pid
signedmasks

You can find Komodo Data directory for your OS at:
Linux: ~/.komodo/
OSX: ~/Library/Applications Support/Komodo/
Windows: %AppData%/Komodo/

I should warn NOT to delete your Assetchains and PAX folders there. Those have your individual wallet.dat for them.

Linux and OSX data directory will be hidden from Finder/File Explorers. So, find your ways to get to these hidden directories and clean the data.

Hope this helps.

For better and realtime support please join our SuperNET Slack. (http://slackinvite.supernet.org)
Set Your Ideas Free
I've been trying for weeks to get some Komodo I purchased/mined onto an exchange but I am having no luck.  I have tried so many different versions of the Iguana/Agama app on both Windows and Mac and I can never get a transaction to send.  It always get stuck at transmitting transaction and then eventually takes me back to the activate coin screen.  I have been trying for weeks to send a transaction.  I've tried refreshing balances right before sending and every other piece of advice I have seen.  What am I missing?

It sounds like you have some edge case bug. There are so many variables in play that it takes time to iron out all of them. For example, recently we fixed a bug that was present in on out of ~500 KMD addresses.

If you would be so kind to join our Slack and report the bug in more detail. Alternatively go to 'view' and then 'toggle developer tools' and select 'console'. Then try to send a transaction again, take a screenshot and PM me all the details including your operating system.

Because of these cases we recently came up with a temporary solution where you run Agama from a live USB stick or CD. See the guide below:

How to Run Agama From a Ubuntu 16.04 Bootable USB Drive

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Hello miners,
we are proud to announce http://komodominingpool.com/ (beta-test) MINING POOL FOR NEW KOMODO COIN (KMD)

HOW TO CONNECT
stratum+tcp://komodominigpool.cloud:5555 ( Auto VarDiff - suitable for CPU and GPU )
To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner with komodo address ( !! NOT USE ZCASH ADDRESS to T-ADDRESS !! )
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:5555 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- Payouts are done every 30 minutes. However, 101 confirmations for a block are required to receive a payment in your wallet.
- 0% fees

NOTE: this pool use komodo daemon 1.0.5 ( https://github.com/jl777/komodo ) and it's in beta ..

Happy mining!

here my steps
- reset the blockchain, from ~/.komodo rm -rf blocks chainstate debug.log komodostate db.log

inside komodo dir
- git checkout beta
- git pull
- ./zcutil/build.sh -j2
all it's ok

./komodod &
after 1hour of resync

2017-03-25 15:23:01 [Pool]   [komodo] (Thread 2) getblocktemplate call failed for daemon instance 0 with error {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

./komodod crash again

It seems the resync is indeed 2x as fast. If it will rescan/resync again, I suggest that you sync without mining, exit, make a complete backup.

Now, try mining with just one thread and see if it is stable. It could be multithreaded mining has a recent issue? I will investigat this socket hang up to see what it could be

thank you jl777

Regards

Again....

2017-03-26 00:22:47 [Payments]   [komodo] Error with payment processing daemon {"type":"offline","message":"connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8232"}
2017-03-26 00:22:49 [Payments]   [komodo] Unable to get operation ids for clearing.

377-384
          if (result.error) {
            logger.warning(logSystem, logComponent, 'Unable to get operation ids for clearing.');
          }
          if (result.response) {
          }
       }, true, true);
    }, opid_interval);

this looks like a different error, so some progress.

are you sure z-nomp is configured correctly?
127.0.0.1:8232 is not a KMD port
also KMD doesnt mine to z-addresses, it mines to transparent addresses, so not sure why it is looking for operation ids.

My guess is that the nomp isnt quite matched up. movetocrypto should be able to help you
Activity: 156
Hello miners,

HOW TO CONNECT

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- 0% fees

Happy mining!

here my steps

inside komodo dir
- git checkout beta
- git pull
- ./zcutil/build.sh -j2
all it's ok

./komodod &
after 1hour of resync

./komodod crash again

thank you jl777

Regards

Again....

377-384
          if (result.error) {
          }
          if (result.response) {
          }
       }, true, true);
    }, opid_interval);

Activity: 5
I've been trying for weeks to get some Komodo I purchased/mined onto an exchange but I am having no luck.  I have tried so many different versions of the Iguana/Agama app on both Windows and Mac and I can never get a transaction to send.  It always get stuck at transmitting transaction and then eventually takes me back to the activate coin screen.  I have been trying for weeks to send a transaction.  I've tried refreshing balances right before sending and every other piece of advice I have seen.  What am I missing?
Activity: 153
KMD / BTC market is paused

Trading is currently disabled, please contact Cryptopia Support if you have and questions.

Does anybody know why ? Is it a Komodo or just a Cryptopia problem ?
Jump to: