Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 500. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
I have some suggestions for komodo:
- please release a light wallet for easy holding of kmd i want to safe my komodo to a device but i cant because iguana doesnt work for me
- please fix that loading bug iguana doesnt start the loading screen is always showing up
- please release a portable version of iguana i want to use it at a external device desktop is unsafe for me
- please make a installer where all files can be installed at a external device my main disc space is full

thanks

Yes, a light web wallet would be great. A lot of investors don't want to deal the with wallet syncing issues.

Tongue
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Any time frame for an Agama download for Windows?

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
- please release a light wallet for easy holding of kmd i want to safe my komodo to a device but i cant because iguana doesnt work for me
- please fix that loading bug iguana doesnt start the loading screen is always showing up
- please release a portable version of iguana i want to use it at a external device desktop is unsafe for me
- please make a installer where all files can be installed at a external device my main disc space is full

thanks

- normal KMD wallets are on their way, and we will also turn Agama into a mobile wallet
- the loading screen stays there forever if Basilisk Servers are offline (is this what you mean?). For now, that process can be skipped by editing the Agama conf file.
- that is also in plans, but not a priority currently. For now you can use a simple Ubuntu live CD or USB, not perfect but gets the job done. We published a guide about it.
- dev has now been informed about this feature request

Satinder gave a comment: "Use zip files. Extract wherever you want, and execute Agama from the extracted directory."

https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/issues/67
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
I hope that you James can get some well deserved rest. Reading the #notary channel in Slack has been like a live camera into a military headquarters under attack in a hot war zone Cheesy  You really well handled that.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
The resolve here is admirable.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

thanks

- normal KMD wallets are on their way, and we will also turn Agama into a mobile wallet
- the loading screen stays there forever if Basilisk Servers are offline (is this what you mean?). For now, that process can be skipped by editing the Agama conf file.
- that is also in plans, but not a priority currently. For now you can use a simple Ubuntu live CD or USB, not perfect but gets the job done. We published a guide about it.
- dev has now been informed about this feature request
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Hello miners,
we are proud to announce http://komodominingpool.com/ (beta-test) MINING POOL FOR NEW KOMODO COIN (KMD)

HOW TO CONNECT
stratum+tcp://komodominigpool.cloud:5555 ( Auto VarDiff - suitable for CPU and GPU )
To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner with komodo address ( !! NOT USE ZCASH ADDRESS to T-ADDRESS !! )
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:5555 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- Stratum and auto vardiff for efficient mining
- Payouts are done every 30 minutes. However, 101 confirmations for a block are required to receive a payment in your wallet.
- 0% fees
- Support with Gitter chat

NOTE: this pool use komodo daemon 1.0.5 ( https://github.com/jl777/komodo ) and it's in beta ..

Any comments, suggestions and integrations are welcome

Happy mining!

Looks nice so far, just started mining.

thank you but again same problem ...

here my steps
- reset the blockchain, from ~/.komodo rm -rf blocks chainstate debug.log komodostate db.log

inside komodo dir
- git checkout beta
- git pull
- ./zcutil/fetch-params.sh
- ./zcutil/build.sh -j2
all it's ok

./komodod &
after 1hour of resync

2017-03-25 15:23:01 [Pool]   [komodo] (Thread 2) getblocktemplate call failed for daemon instance 0 with error {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

./komodod crash again

socket hang up is an error I havent seen. could be some network issue.
It seems the resync is indeed 2x as fast. If it will rescan/resync again, I suggest that you sync without mining, exit, make a complete backup.

This way you can always resume from a very recent block no matter what happens.

Now, try mining with just one thread and see if it is stable. It could be multithreaded mining has a recent issue? I will investigat this socket hang up to see what it could be
legendary
When will be Komodo activated on Bittrex again? Waiting since three days to withdraw my coins from there.
The latest beta branch is looking pretty good. Much faster syncing, much improved and cleaned up code for the recent issues.

Now, KMD ecosystem is not the ordinary bitcoin clone where there is just the bitcoind equivalent and QT wallet. So it necessarily takes longer to update. Once there is a stable komodod:

1. All notaries must update and with the 24 timezones most having a notary node in them, this is not an instant process.

2. After the komodod is updated to all the notaries and GPU pools, the notaries need to make sure the basilisk data is up to date. Otherwise the basilisk mode will be missing some data. You wont lose any coins, but you might not be able to see them via basilisk.

3. The updated komodod needs to be built for osx and windows

4. The updated komodod needs to go into an Agama release

5. installers need to be updated with the updated Agama with the updated komodod.

6. At this point, is about where exchanges would reenable deposits and withdraws.

Additionally, for this weekend there is a scheduled activation of a few minor consensus rule changes. I dont expect any issues but better to be safe and cross the 250000 height with a relatively smaller set of nodes.

So please be patient. Most coins have never been attacked even once. Let alone four times. Let alone in just over a week. And yet, komodo is updated, and stronger due to these attacks. We were blindsided by the first one, but since then we have developed attack response procedures and will also utilize zero-day mitigation processes in the future.

It really sucks that having found a vulnerability, fixed it, partially deployed it, yet it was still attacked since KMD is open source and given a fix, working backwards to an attack is not so hard.

Will there be more attacks? I am assuming that there will be and continue to improve the security whereever vulnerabilities are found. This has necessarily delayed some of the core features I was hoping to have this month, but nothing is more important than the security of funds. In any case, komodo and iguana are still a bit ahead of agama (notice there was no confusion as to what I mean!), so maybe overall we did not lose much time.

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger and komodo is certainly alive!
Activity: 156
Hello miners,
we are proud to announce http://komodominingpool.com/ (beta-test) MINING POOL FOR NEW KOMODO COIN (KMD)

HOW TO CONNECT
stratum+tcp://komodominigpool.cloud:5555 ( Auto VarDiff - suitable for CPU and GPU )
To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner with komodo address ( !! NOT USE ZCASH ADDRESS to T-ADDRESS !! )
example : ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodominingpool.com:5555 -zwal komodo_address -zpsw x -allpools 1

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- Payouts are done every 30 minutes. However, 101 confirmations for a block are required to receive a payment in your wallet.
- 0% fees

NOTE: this pool use komodo daemon 1.0.5 ( https://github.com/jl777/komodo ) and it's in beta ..

Happy mining!

thank you but again same problem ...

here my steps
- reset the blockchain, from ~/.komodo rm -rf blocks chainstate debug.log komodostate db.log

inside komodo dir
- git checkout beta
- git pull
- ./zcutil/fetch-params.sh
- ./zcutil/build.sh -j2
all it's ok

./komodod &
after 1hour of resync

2017-03-25 15:23:01 [Pool]   [komodo] (Thread 2) getblocktemplate call failed for daemon instance 0 with error {"type":"request error","message":"socket hang up"}

./komodod crash again
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Hello miners,

HOW TO CONNECT

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- 0% fees

Happy mining!

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
And the lizard is out again....go on my little friend, the world is yours!!

The lizard has cold blood and long tongue, perfect for sustained cunnilingus ... the crypto princess is satisfied,  she wants for nothing but dPoW and a hot bath.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
There is a neat Slack channel called https://sprnt.slack.com, you can get real-time answers there.  I would suppose since the fixes are out, you probably need to contact the exchanges and ask them when your money will be available.  The fix has been out for over 24 hours, and mining has been successful for that long (I'm a miner).

I do know that @jl777 and team can't make the exchanges update their wallet code, but they sure have made it easy for them now.  Many new fixes and faster processing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
When will be Komodo activated on Bittrex again? Waiting since three days to withdraw my coins from there.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Great to see all the efforts put in by the dev team.
I got  a question about cryptopia . co . nz  - when will their wallet be fixed so we can withdraw? Again I am waiting for a few days already.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
And the lizard is out again....go on my little friend, the world is yours!!
Activity: 156
Hello miners,

HOW TO CONNECT

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- 0% fees

Happy mining!

NOTE
after 11 blocks founds, we have problems with ./komodod daemon, it crashes and at every starts it resync blockchain with a delay of 2 hours.
Pool in stand-by, please wait for a stable ./komodod  
thank you jl777

When did you last update?
I recently fixed a miner crash issue, also a full resync is now 2x faster, maybe more

you must use the beta branch!

Hi jl777 thank you for your answer.
i will try to use beta branch because i do only git pull on master branch
Thank you
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I was really expecting more from this coin. The hype was worth more than the pitch  Undecided

Whilst the price is disappointing the engagement from the development team, primarily the lead, has been good.  I don't expect guaranteed profit from a coin but I do expect the dev team to work hard when they have my money from an ICO; and the Komodo team is working hard.

If you want to see hype worth more than the pitch go and check out Waves.  The second that I break even with it I'm getting out of that shitshow of a project.

+1

Waves is a waste of space compared to kmd, jl777 is a hard working honest dude with high skillset.
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM

thanks
legendary
Hello miners,

HOW TO CONNECT

FEATURES
- Personal mining stats
- 0% fees

Happy mining!

NOTE
after 11 blocks founds, we have problems with ./komodod daemon, it crashes and at every starts it resync blockchain with a delay of 2 hours.
Pool in stand-by, please wait for a stable ./komodod  
thank you jl777

When did you last update?
I recently fixed a miner crash issue, also a full resync is now 2x faster, maybe more

you must use the beta branch!
Jump to: