Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 499. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Nice coin bros, 90% premine, bittrex wallet down, but 9mil$ market cap (LoL).

Sell like your life is depending on it.

Edit: Oh yea and a possible btc split in the future, btc hash rate might be going to shit. Isn't Komodo built around BTC's hash power? hahahahhaaha.

Komodo investors / team members give fake feedbacks to users that criticize their scam coin. Be careful, a supposed "free speech" coin, shutting down free speech. Nice.
You can open new thread in scam accusation if you have proofes, else you just got what you deserve. Did you hear? Price is under ICO and it is right time for buying.
Trolling is not good and welcomed on this forum, you can get in  serious problems with this statements  about BTC, which are are wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Komodo investors / team members give fake feedbacks to users that criticize their scam coin. Be careful, a supposed "free speech" coin, shutting down free speech. Nice.

Just to make it clear, I am not a team member I just hold some KMD so you can remove that fake statement from your whinging posts too.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Amazing how much time and effort are spent by people who don't "like" a certain coin.
legendary
Why the hell would I invest even a single dollar into this pump and dump scam coin? Look at the shit stain above leaving me fake feedbacks because of legitimate criticism.

So you just confirmed you are only here to troll so the feedback is well deserved
Activity: 401
Merit: 257
@TheRealNeo
What did you thought you will achieve with this newbie account? Every normal person will ignore you when see red bolded text. Price is low buy and hold, instead trolling around. If you are not interested you are free to go..

You are right . He even has a red color on his neck ? lol Maybe he is a baby crying when he sold out with cheap price  Cheesy .  Poor him, Guys
legendary
Does holding KMD return anything to the holders other than whatever value it obtains?  Serious question. 

I have thought for the last couple of years that either DASH or BTCD would compete with BTC down the road.  Both took a little different routes.  I do think that the larger amount of coins for the new KMD will solve a problem that DASH will have when it comes to being used.  I am just missing the incentive component to KMD to hold the coin.  It has to return value somehow.  What am I missing?

In light of current issues, this can be answered whenever.  No rush on my part.  You guys will obviously be around for quite a while!

You mean other than the 5% APR you get just for having KMD?

And other than having the ability to create a protected transaction to safekeep your crypto?

When DEX goes fully active, you will be able to JUMBLR BTC through KMD. You will be able to do a native atomic DEX with all the supported coins.

We are also planning on some sharedrops, but I didnt officially say this yet, so dont hold me to it.

The ability to notarize assetchain of your own.

Later this year, ability to use KMD in the pangea fully decentralized poker.

Probably more things I forget for now. Basically we will make KMD have the most usecases, all while having dPoW securing things via the bitcoin hashrate and maximum privacy using zcash zero knowledge tech.

So, fees for certain uses?  The one component for a system to create incentive to buy and hold supply, until a use is worth spending it, is essential in my mind to creating increasing value.  It is most likely built in here, just not obvious to me.  

I do think that the larger liquidity will help with using this coin in the long run.  A small float would create liquidity and volatility issues long term.  I think KMD will not be a super high dollar coin in value, but can certainly get to a higher value than it is now.  It will likely be fairly stable, which helps to make it practical.

You guys threw me off with change from BTCD to KMD.  I was sure BTCD would rocket, but would not be practical (But, very likely highly profitable).

This change may not make a $1000 coin, but looks like it will make a very good system with a wide array of possible uses.

Will be fun to watch.  Just taking guesses at this point.  Like what you are doing very much.  Best of luck.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
@TheRealNeo
What did you thought you will achieve with this newbie account? Every normal person will ignore you when see red bolded text. Price is low buy and hold, instead trolling around. If you are not interested you are free to go..
Activity: 401
Merit: 257
Komodo investors / team members give fake feedbacks to users that criticize their scam coin. Be careful, a supposed "free speech" coin, shutting up free speech. Nice.

What are you talking about? you are newbie here and even though you have not yet joined this ICO project or campaign bounty? where you know it's a scam coin. you are kidding, guy. You should read all posts in this thread before saying anything.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Updated The Komodo Info-graphic

legendary
Komodo investors / team members give fake feedbacks to users that criticize their scam coin. Be careful, a supposed "free speech" coin, shutting up free speech. Nice.

Its not fake feedback.

You are here trolling, posting incorrect information and adding no value to the thread.

Feel free to continue with your free speech and dont cry like a little bitch when you get flagged for it.
legendary
Okie bra, price level is already under ICO. Enjoy your fake market cap while it lasts.

So no come back to actual facts posted in response to your troll post.

Get the fuck out of here Okie bra
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Nice coin bros, 90% premine, bittrex wallet down, but 9mil$ market cap (LoL).

Sell like your life is depending on it.

Edit: Oh yea and a possible btc split in the future, btc hash rate might be going to shit. Isn't Komodo built around BTC's hash power? hahahahhaaha.
This is why we designed it so we can change which chain we dPoW to. We simply pick the most secure chain, the notary nodes update.

KMD is built to be adaptive.

Confused how you can consider a 90% premine, only 10% was reserved for the KMD team. The rest was purchased by BTC or swapped from BTCD. BTCD was mined at first and 100,000 coins created via staking. So it is over 90% mined so I think by any reasonable calculation, the majority of KMD can be considered to have been mined.

Additionally, you might have missed this in your thorough research, KMD is still being mined and only half the supply is currently existing.
legendary
There is an updated release candidate in komodod repo.

At block 250000 consensus changes will activate, so if you are running native komodod, you will need to update before then.

Basilisk users dont have to worry as the notary nodes will be updated
legendary
Does holding KMD return anything to the holders other than whatever value it obtains?  Serious question. 

I have thought for the last couple of years that either DASH or BTCD would compete with BTC down the road.  Both took a little different routes.  I do think that the larger amount of coins for the new KMD will solve a problem that DASH will have when it comes to being used.  I am just missing the incentive component to KMD to hold the coin.  It has to return value somehow.  What am I missing?

In light of current issues, this can be answered whenever.  No rush on my part.  You guys will obviously be around for quite a while!

You mean other than the 5% APR you get just for having KMD?

And other than having the ability to create a protected transaction to safekeep your crypto?

When DEX goes fully active, you will be able to JUMBLR BTC through KMD. You will be able to do a native atomic DEX with all the supported coins.

We are also planning on some sharedrops, but I didnt officially say this yet, so dont hold me to it.

The ability to notarize assetchain of your own.

Later this year, ability to use KMD in the pangea fully decentralized poker.

Probably more things I forget for now. Basically we will make KMD have the most usecases, all while having dPoW securing things via the bitcoin hashrate and maximum privacy using zcash zero knowledge tech.
Set Your Ideas Free

KMD is money, and the more people use it as money the more demand there is.

KMD is used by SuperNET technology & services, and those create demand for it even if it's not used as money

KMD provides privacy and pegged currencies to the third party APPS that are built on top of SuperNET, and those create demand.

KMD provides blockchain protection to third party blockchains, and that created a demand for KMD.

You also receive a 5 % APR interest automatically by holdining KMD. There are no other income sources though.
legendary

Activity: 515
Merit: 502
In future the Komodo Currencies could easily be added to Shapeshift, Bitsquare or centralized exchanges. There are a lot of use cases for decentralized stable pegs  Cool
Set Your Ideas Free
Announcement: PAX Fiat Assets are renamed to Komodo Currencies

We have done a lot of research about our brand architecture and brainstormed possible solutions that would position each brand clearly making them easy to understand. These are very basic and fundamental things that our whole marketing will rely on for the years to come. There are still a lot undecided, but the Komodo brand is coming into focus.

Bitcoin is money, but it has been criticized for its lack of privacy and price stability. Price stability will be achieved in time as its adoption grows, but we should have a stepping stone to accelerate the process, namely fiat pegged assets.

Komodo is also money, and we will brand it with qualities many other coins lacks:
 - security - Komodo is as secure as Bitcoin
 - privacy - Komodo is as private as Zcash
 - stability - Achieve the level of stability you desire

With this rename decision we achieve a number of things:
 - we don't have to brand or explain the term 'PAX.'
 - these fiat pegged assets are money just like KMD, and thus they have the same target audience
 - the power/innovations of Komodo come more self-evident

What are Komodo Currencies?

It is simple: you can convert your KMD value into any of the 32 local currencies we support. The process is, of course, decentralized and it happens automatically & instantly. Because of this, the peg will always hold.

These 32 Komodo Currencies each have a blockchain, and they are as secure as Bitcoin and as private as Zcash - just like Komodo.

So, if anyone asks "what is Komodo?" you now know the answer:

"Komodo is secure and private money with a built-in gateway to 32 independent Komodo currencies."

Furthermore, the whole SuperNET platform uses Komodo, and many of the DAPPS built on top will very likely use it too.
legendary
I have some suggestions for komodo:
- please release a light wallet for easy holding of kmd i want to safe my komodo to a device but i cant because iguana doesnt work for me
- please fix that loading bug iguana doesnt start the loading screen is always showing up
- please release a portable version of iguana i want to use it at a external device desktop is unsafe for me
- please make a installer where all files can be installed at a external device my main disc space is full

thanks

Yes, a light web wallet would be great. A lot of investors don't want to deal the with wallet syncing issues.

Tongue
you mean something like basilisk?
when using basilisk you dont have to sync locally
Jump to: