Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 690. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I have purchased BTCD from Poloniex
Transferred to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ Website for KMD

Now anything else i have to do?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Is it still possible to get REV if I move my coins off the exchange?

If you keep your coin in an exchange you won't get REVS. You must move them either to a local BTCD wallet or to our ICO site (recommended option).

I hope the 31.1 date for KMD distribution is sacrosanct, any update on exchanges and I will like to know more on the REV snapshot

Snapshot happens 15.1.2017, there's no exact time for it though as it is some specific block we will announce later. You should move the funds now if you want to get REVS.

There are two options:
 - ICO site
 - local wallet

If you have BTCD in:
 - a cenralized exchange
 - NXT blockchain as SuperBTCD
you must move them out now!

I participated in the KMD ICO and my tokens is still on the ICO webpage. I will like more light shed on the REVs thing, Is it another token, if yes, what do I need to do get it.

The KMD tokens are there as they have not been distributed yet. The distribution date is January 31st.

REVS is a separate thing, to get it you need to own BTCD which you either send to your local wallet or to our ICO site. Here's the info:

A complete SWAP + snapshot explanation
I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

The conclusion

If you buy BTCD it can be swapped at any time. To also receive the REVS asset you need to have a privatekey that contained BTCD during the snapshot. BTCD swap and snapshot are two separate things.

During the year BTCD can be swapped for KMD with the exchange rate we announced: 1 BTCD = 50.448 KMD (However the exchange rate decreases slightly throughout the year because BTCD staking expands the supply)
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

If you keep your coin in an exchange you won't get REVS. You must move them either to a local BTCD wallet or to our ICO site (recommended option).

I hope the 31.1 date for KMD distribution is sacrosanct, any update on exchanges and I will like to know more on the REV snapshot

Snapshot happens 15.1.2017, there's no exact time for it though as it is some specific block we will announce later. You should move the funds now if you want to get REVS.

There are two options:
 - ICO site
 - local wallet

If you have BTCD in:
 - a cenralized exchange

I participated in the KMD ICO and my tokens is still on the ICO webpage. I will like more light shed on the REVs thing, Is it another token, if yes, what do I need to do get it.

Activity: 804
DAO ↔ DApp
Set Your Ideas Free

There are two options:
 - ICO site
 - local wallet

If you have BTCD in:
 - a cenralized exchange
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Activity: 113
Merit: 20

Yes there is still time.   But you may want to opt for sending them into the ICO site, (ico.komodoplatform.com) unless you have your home wallet up and running already.

- ICO Site BTCD deposit enabled 8.1.2017
- Subsidiy field gets locked for candidates 13.1 3PM UTC
- BTCD Snapshot 15.1 (block xxxxx000)
- Elections begin 15.1 3pm UTC
- Elections finish 29.1 3pm UTC
- KMD distribution 31.1 3pm UTC
Activity: 804
DAO ↔ DApp
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the update! Any news on when Komodo will be tradeable on an exchange?

It's up to everybody including you )
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Set Your Ideas Free
Great post from jl777, make sure to read it Smiley

Development History: From a Testnet to Mainnet

Some of you have been a very short while with us, but the development of this overall platform goes back several years. Without that hard groundwork we could never have developed the KMD so quickly. I guess many have not yet fully realized how close we are (me included). The wait is almost over Smiley

Everything is pretty much ready. The few last few GUI pieces need to be connected, and some bugs fixed, and then we will release the easy GUI installers.

After the initial GUI release there is more to come of course. We need to develop DEX GUI, assetchains GUI, and more. Aside from the decentralized exchange we have other big app in the pipeline, and that is decentralized poker (Pangea).

We aimed for the stars, and at this point it looks we will at least land on the moon.

If you missed these, be sure to also check them out:
A complete update about Iguana app and DEX
GUI Wallet Progress Update!

Thanks for the update! Any news on when Komodo will be tradeable on an exchange?

Nothing is sure until they publicly announce it. We are trying to get the GUI officially published, which should help the matter.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

Some of you have been a very short while with us, but the development of this overall platform goes back several years. Without that hard groundwork we could never have developed the KMD so quickly. I guess many have not yet fully realized how close we are (me included). The wait is almost over Smiley

Everything is pretty much ready. The few last few GUI pieces need to be connected, and some bugs fixed, and then we will release the easy GUI installers.

After the initial GUI release there is more to come of course. We need to develop DEX GUI, assetchains GUI, and more. Aside from the decentralized exchange we have other big app in the pipeline, and that is decentralized poker (Pangea).

We aimed for the stars, and at this point it looks we will at least land on the moon.

Set Your Ideas Free

Activity: 518

Komodo has already been launched in September? Just not yet distributed?

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

I personally am getting tied of the attitude that if you want a GUI there is something wrong with you or you lack the skill set to be involved in crypto. This attitude seems to be saying " We are releasing the greatest

advance in the history of crypto, but most of you are to stupid to use it"

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

I am not denigrating the work done by the Dev's. I'm just pointing out that the people with there skill set are a very small % of the world population. For crypto to succeed it has to be user friendly. For those of you to

young to have been there Gui has been around since the mid 1970's. The majority of worlds computer user's have known nothing but GUI....so come on guys just admit that GUI is relevant.

Cheers Jon  Cool

Bitcoin wouldn't have come this far if it had no GUI. Decred began without a GUI and its lost a considerable place in the rankings. A GUI should be top priority.

Yes, captain obvious. That's why the team has Iguana as one of top 3 most crucial parts of the project.

XMR did extremely well without GUI for a long time.  I'm not sure how, but it did.  I guess just supply and demand.  But now that it does have GUI that is well designed, it should be even better.   

I still prefer using public/private key pairs myself, but you still need a way to spend from them without using complex command line crap.
legendary

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

I personally am getting tied of the attitude that if you want a GUI there is something wrong with you or you lack the skill set to be involved in crypto. This attitude seems to be saying " We are releasing the greatest

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

I am not denigrating the work done by the Dev's. I'm just pointing out that the people with there skill set are a very small % of the world population. For crypto to succeed it has to be user friendly. For those of you to

young to have been there Gui has been around since the mid 1970's. The majority of worlds computer user's have known nothing but GUI....so come on guys just admit that GUI is relevant.

Cheers Jon  Cool

Bitcoin wouldn't have come this far if it had no GUI. Decred began without a GUI and its lost a considerable place in the rankings. A GUI should be top priority.

Yes, captain obvious. That's why the team has Iguana as one of top 3 most crucial parts of the project.
Activity: 518
Yes agreed...GUI is critical.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

Cheers Jon  Cool

legendary
28% of all BTCD has been swapped to KMD so far. In only 4 days out of 365.
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
i just swapped my BTCD  Grin

it went smoothly, great wort Komodo Team  Kiss it was worth the wait, looking forward to the next phase  Cool
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Testnet  which is 99.999999% likely to become mainnet started then.   So yes, you could say it was launched in September and not distributed yet.

komodo-cli  has been out for awhile   but people for some strange reason dont consider things done unless there is a pretty gui.

GUI may be unimportant to those that have command line/coding skills ....but if you want to get mainstream use and acceptance it's a must. Until crypto becomes newbie friendly you limit the number of  potential user's.

Cheers Jon  Wink

On the other hand:  I'm sure the programmers working on this project are getting tired of hearing their countless working hours developing new technology   mean nothing unless there is a GUI.

Cheers Jon  Cool
Jump to: