Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 689. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Is the voting based on how many KMD you have or one person one vote basis?

1 coin = 1 vote
Total coin holdings available for each region
Vote for 1 candidate per region.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
Is the voting based on how many KMD you have or one person one vote basis?
legendary
Activity: 1806
The swap rate 1:50 will decrese for a maximum of 5% i am right?

Ok, but why this rate is so fixed? It should be more variable? I mean, 1 year from now the price of btcd may fall near 0, is a coin that is no more supported. so 6 month from people could buy btcd and may get the 1000% more of komod. Is this fair?

That's why if you have any free BTC it would be a really good idea to set some BTCD buying orders at very low prices.

Sorry, i don´t get it. Does it mean all BTC investors are "f##+ up" because BTCD investors get xxx% more?

It's been known before ICO started that one can invest BTC or buy BTCD and swap it. It was always up to investors what option to choose.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I think it would make sense to make clear distinctions between:

a) no tech at all
b) core tech without GUI
c) core tech with GUI on github but no installer
d) core tech with GUI and easy to use installer

It is clear to me that each of the four categories have different levels of completeness and thus different levels of value.

Any objection from core devs would be lumping a), b) and c) all into a)

This is accurately put.  Unfortunately, to the average user, there really is not a whole lot of difference between a, b, and c.  Because average users only care about the end product that they can use. I mean, isn't this the ultimate mission of development, to reach out to the average user? If d) does not get achieved, then how can Iguana/Komodo reach it's intended purpose?
Of course we know that d) is necessary and work is being done toward that.
And while to the average user a), b) and c) might be the same, from a project assessment standpoint, clearly there are vast differences between them.

We are now at the end part of c) about to get to d)

I just want people to understand that while computers are usually binary, the status of a crypto project has quite a few more states.

I just pushed release candidate versions for komodod and iguana notary. I expect a few more changes will be needed in normal iguana for DEX bug fixes.

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
I think it would make sense to make clear distinctions between:

a) no tech at all
b) core tech without GUI
c) core tech with GUI on github but no installer
d) core tech with GUI and easy to use installer

It is clear to me that each of the four categories have different levels of completeness and thus different levels of value.

Any objection from core devs would be lumping a), b) and c) all into a)

This is accurately put.  Unfortunately, to the average user, there really is not a whole lot of difference between a, b, and c.  Because average users only care about the end product that they can use. I mean, isn't this the ultimate mission of development, to reach out to the average user? If d) does not get achieved, then how can Iguana/Komodo reach it's intended purpose?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
K just double checking this in order to get REVS I either need to move BTCD to my private wallet or do the swap on the ico site before the snapshot date (when) but I can swap anytime after the snapshot for one year I just wont receive REVS
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

Ok, but why this rate is so fixed? It should be more variable? I mean, 1 year from now the price of btcd may fall near 0, is a coin that is no more supported. so 6 month from people could buy btcd and may get the 1000% more of komod. Is this fair?

That's why if you have any free BTC it would be a really good idea to set some BTCD buying orders at very low prices.

Sorry, i don´t get it. Does it mean all BTC investors are "f##+ up" because BTCD investors get xxx% more?
legendary

legendary
so there will be 100 million coins + around 65 million coins from the btcd swap right?
i dont unterstand where this 65 million komodo are taken from.

There are only 100M coins. Roughly 65M goes to BTCD investors, 25M goes to BTC investors and 10M is development fund.
Activity: 51
Merit: 1

There are people doing arbitrage all the time, which means that BTCD price will closely follow KMD because if BTCD falls behind too much there is profit to be made by bringing the values closer together.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Activity: 840
Merit: 508
so there will be 100 million coins + around 65 million coins from the btcd swap right?
i dont unterstand where this 65 million komodo are taken from.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Im am being heavily put on cocaine, right onto the top of it. I just swing by to tell u how it feels to be out of reach of gatekeepers and their vices, here, on cocaine mountain where I deploy a NASA-sized telescope for eyeballing the activity of earthlings.

legendary
Monero tards trolling other coins again ? Looks like they still don't know it but "defamation" is a law and you might get a nice letter from a lawyer.

What trolls? Smiley

The KMD tokens are there as they have not been distributed yet. The distribution date is January 31st.

REVS is a separate thing, to get it you need to own BTCD which you either send to your local wallet or to our ICO site. Here's the info:

Obviously this shit cant be a platform. U should change ur name to "I stole a trademark protected by intelligent property rights". This can't be called Komodo as it is fucking rip-off from Commando movie. U are a bunch of cabinetmakers without higher education.
legendary

yes
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Are you not sure who you should vote for in the Notary Node elections? I can help - Vote for noashh! :-)

Reasons:
  • Trustworthy (1 of the 3 Komodo ICO wallet admins, Slack admin, Managing payments for SuperNET development teams/freelancers, …)
  • SuperNET member since day 1, supporting jl777
  • Experienced in running nodes (SuperNET IT Admin, together with VanBreuk)
  • Reliable (Daily updates, fast response time)
  • Low Subsidy (Covering only actual server costs)

Good luck my friend!!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I have purchased BTCD from Poloniex
Transferred to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ Website for KMD

Now anything else i have to do?
next step is to vote, which starts after the snapshot
then you will lock your KMD address
and your KMD will be sent to that address
Jump to: