Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 740. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 796
Merit: 529
We can do the newsletter subscription lottery this week! I'll announce the winners here, and send them email.
Hi! When results will be here?
What about lottery? This week is done.
Activity: 777
Merit: 500
I invested 0.5btc in ico and got 3852 KMD. But i could have just bought 0.5btc worth of btcd and got 5500 KMD?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Komodo testnet explorer!

@lustro created us a explorer. It is in beta and lacking some features.

https://kpx.io/
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
move that crypto
There was 336.8817 BTC / 77796.0507 BTCD total volume on Poloniex during the time the ico was open (15 Oct - 20 Nov)

Looks like more than 90% of BTCD supply is still holding strong as usual.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
This also makes more profitable for everyone to hold their BTCD and KMD even if it dropped 50% after launch.

Actually, a 50% bonus covers only a drop by the third of the ICO price i.e. 33.33%. Let's assume for example that the ICO price was 1BTC = 10KMD, with a 50% bonus, that is 1BTC = 15KMD, so you get 15 for the price of 10, price-wise you paid 10/15 = 2/3 = 66,66% of the (no-bonus) ICO price.
Activity: 441
Bigboss
The exchange rates got adjusted, based on more accurate calculations:
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

These are now the final numbers!

So this puts the current market equivalent exchange rate to 0.0065 BTC per BTCD. This is much higher than the estimated 0.0043 earlier during the ICO.

aint it nice, you can still buy BTCD for 50% cheaper. This also makes more profitable for everyone to hold their BTCD and KMD even if it dropped 50% after launch.
That is true. The question is why there are roughly 120BTC up that 0.0065 on the sell side on polo? This will definitely pull KMD price big time in the beginning.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
When is the BTCD swap going to start? Will the swap also be done in the ICO platform?

If I remember correctly, the swap is/was supposed to start within the second week after the end of the ICO, anyway the swapping will start before the launch of the mainnet. KomodoPlatform said they were working on making it possible to swap through the ICO website, so we are waiting for news from them.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

So this puts the current market equivalent exchange rate to 0.0065 BTC per BTCD. This is much higher than the estimated 0.0043 earlier during the ICO.

aint it nice, you can still buy BTCD for 50% cheaper. This also makes more profitable for everyone to hold their BTCD and KMD even if it dropped 50% after launch.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

So this puts the current market equivalent exchange rate to 0.0065 BTC per BTCD. This is much higher than the estimated 0.0043 earlier during the ICO. Anyone buying BTCD now can turn it for profit so long as ICO price is maintained (don't expect for long).
Activity: 405
Quote from: P-Trump

P-Trump withdraws as a candidate in the node election!
I've come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with one of the current testnet node operators, so I wont be running in the election myself. Please withdraw my name from the election site.

If the election wasn't broken into regions I may have considered running, winning one node, and then hiring a node manager myself, but with four separate regional elections (and a minimum node quota of 1/16 of 100M votes) it seems a better option all around to have things the other way around (i.e. the node manager runs in all four regional elections with my support in exchange for a future profit share, rather than I run for election in a single region and share profits from a single node). It's easier for a node manager to build a viable coalition of support. In later elections things might change, but if a high proportion of votes are cast in the first election I think my chances of winning a node in each region is far less than a current testnet operator.

All the best to everyone running in the election!!

edit:
from now on I'm going to refer to 'votes' as 'shares' in the monopoly profits that are being granted to the node operators. Those monopoly profit shares have been distributed proportionally to all KMD holders. I think it makes it easier to see where things are going. 'Selling votes' doesn't sound very nice, and can be easily misinterpreted, but trading 'monopoly' rights (e.g. carbon trading, mining concessions, water rights etc) doesn't have that 'baggage', and it might make it easier for us all to move from point A, to point B. Every KMD holder has been given a 'share' in the KMD monopoly mining profits, and trading them and using the profits to do something 'useful' is not a bad thing IMO

Who is most entitled to the monopoly KMD mining profits once everything settles down after a few elections? I say it's the KMD holders!

If P-Trump is the running mate ...  who's the candidate?
Activity: 882
Everything you want, is everything you need.
When is the BTCD swap going to start? Will the swap also be done in the ICO platform?
Activity: 19
I hope komodoplatform confirms too. 100% subsidy does not equal 500 $ less per region for the elections.
legendary
Activity: 1428
I come to understand what he says.

But with his idea of elections
A much more obvious example.

90% subsidy remaining after the 7th node.
8th node 420000 votes 100% subsidy
9th node   39000 votes  90% subsidy

Winner on 9th when he does not have 10%  of votes than 8th. The subsidy becomes the most important point.

This seems very unfair neither democratic to me.

Ok, I understand now.

Unfortunately that's the situation if the notary node wants our guaranteed subsidy. There's no perfect solution.

The notary nodes need to think hard where they set the required subsidy. If they set it to 100%, then in other words they say that they are not willing to take the financial risk and cannot operate the node with just 90% subsidy.

It's not perfect, but the best solution we came up with.

One last query
Why do you rate kmd in 0 $?
I think KMD should value the ICO price.You really believe that Komodo can be worth $ 0

Thanks

You are misunderstanding something. We don't value KMD as $0.

In the example used it seems
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16985638
4000$ is 800%
100% is 500$
You are rating kmd 0
If you value KMD price ico. 100% subsidy is not 500 $ is 300$ more or less.
As it says pondsea.

Look at "The Guaranteed Subsidy" section in the same post.

In the example 100% subsidy is equivalent to subtract 500 $ from the reserve by region. This will only happen if KMD is 0. Why?
If there are only 8 Nodes with 100% in 1 region and KMD is at ICO price, only $ 2400 not 4000 will be paid.

I'm wrong?

The example is a example that was added before "The Guaranteed Subsidy" was added.

At current prices the KMD would be worth roughly $190. So for 100% it would be $310 from the $4000. This means 12.9 Nodes could be paid 100% with $4000. Now if we have everyone at 88% we can paid the full 16 nodes the same.

Winner on 9th when he does not have 10%  of votes than 8th. The subsidy becomes the most important point.

Ok, I understand now.

Unfortunately that's the situation if the notary node wants our guaranteed subsidy. There's no perfect solution.

The notary nodes need to think hard where they set the required subsidy. If they set it to 100%, then in other words they say that they are not willing to take the financial risk and cannot operate the node with just 90% subsidy.

One last query
I think KMD should value the ICO price.You really believe that Komodo can be worth $ 0

Thanks

4000$ is 800%
100% is 500$
You are rating kmd 0
As it says pondsea.

In the example 100% subsidy is equivalent to subtract 500 $ from the reserve by region. This will only happen if KMD is 0. Why?
If there are only 8 Nodes with 100% in 1 region and KMD is at ICO price, only $ 2400 not 4000 will be paid.

I'm wrong?
legendary

Ok, I understand now.

One last query

Thanks

4000$ is 800%
100% is 500$
You are rating kmd 0
As it says pondsea.

Ok, I understand now.

One last query

Thanks

4000$ is 800%
100% is 500$
You are rating kmd 0
As it says pondsea.

legendary

Ok, I understand now.

One last query

Thanks

In USD it should be around 7.5 to 9.3 cents US per KMD based on the final rates published. The higher end if the BTC price is the main measure, the lower number if you factor in the actual value of BTCD.

This of course is an intrinsic value based on investments, market will ultimstely determine the price, right?

The figures that were worked out basically means that the KMD mined per node is about $190 at the current ICO price. So the $4000 is roughly 13 nodes at 100%. By lowering the %b we can get it to the magical 16 Tongue
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Ok, I understand now.

One last query

Thanks

In USD it should be around 7.5 to 9.3 cents US per KMD based on the final rates published. The higher end if the BTC price is the main measure, the lower number if you factor in the actual value of BTCD.

This of course is an intrinsic value based on investments, market will ultimstely determine the price, right?

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Ok, I understand now.

One last query

Thanks

Activity: 518
I'm tired of waiting. Start a moment Ico I'm very excited.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Jump to: