Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 742. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Notary Node Election Details
With the current exchange rate of 0.00012909 BTC/KMD the notary node would get 0.26 BTC/month = $190/month.
 -> thus we would pay the node $310 in BTC, so that their total income is $500/month.

When KMD price goes over $0.25 dollars we don't have to pay any subsidy.

What is it about? Where you can see a KMD exchange?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Notary Node Election Details

We will use the ICO funds to guarantee a certain payment for the notary node operators. In this way we will ensure that we will have quality notary nodes and our network is reliable.

There will be 32 - 64 notary nodes. We will ensure funding for at least 32 notary nodes, but there could be up to 64. Each region has its own election and its own budget, thus each region will have at least 8 notary nodes and an equivalent budget.

Each notary node candidate can decide themselves how much guaranteed subsidy they require to run a node. They are able to set this figure for each node they operate, and it can be anything between 0 and 100 %. The full 100% subsidy means that they need a guaranteed payment of $500/month.

The total guaranteed amount is $16,000 per month, or $4,000 per month per region. In other words we could say the total guaranteed amount is 3200 %, or 800 % per region.

Each candidate must publicly announce the subsidy required, and that may affect how people vote. Who ever gets the most votes wins the election and is guaranteed to be able to run a node. The subsidy percentage they require is subtracted from the total budget, which is 800 % for each region. This process will continue until all subsidy is gone. The end result is at least 8 nodes per region, but probably more as some candidates won't need a full 100% subsidy.

An example

Region A has 6 candidates with 400 % subsidy. [for simplicity, but we will have 800 % subsidy]

After election we count the votes, and the result is as follows:
1. Alice - 211 votes (subsidy: 100%)
2. Bob - 190 votes (subsidy: 100%)
3. Charley - 187 votes (subsidy: 50%)
4. Dan - 122 votes (subsidy: 75%)
5. Mike - 88 votes (subsidy: 90% )
6. Tom - 51 votes (subsidy: 50% )

-> Alice is the winner, and gets elected, 300% subsidy left
-> Bob finished second, and gets elected, 200% subsidy left
-> Charley gets elected, 150% subsidy left
-> Dan gets elected, 75% subsidy left
-> Mike does not get elected, not enough budget
-> Tom gets elected, 25% subsidy left

Region A ended up with 5 notary nodes, and 25% subsidy was left over.

At the end those left over subsidies are combined from all 4 regions, and another notary node is elected - if the total subsidy is enough.

The Guaranteed Subsidy

A 100% subsidy means that with the ICO funds we will guarantee an income of $500/month. However, it is possible that we won't have to pay anything if the mining revenue is more than $500/month.

There will be 1440 new block each day, and each block has a 3 KMD block reward, which means there will be a 4320 KMD income per day.

With 64 notary nodes each would receive 4320/64 = 67.5 KMD/day -> 2025 KMD/month [Note that possibly we won't get 64 notary nodes, which would mean more income per node]

With the current exchange rate of 0.00012909 BTC/KMD the notary node would get 0.26 BTC/month = $190/month.
 -> thus we would pay the node $310 in BTC, so that their total income is $500/month.

When KMD price goes over $0.25 dollars we don't have to pay any subsidy.
Set Your Ideas Free
Howcome the spreadsheet in signature bounty has not yet been validated . The ICO was already finished.

Sorry for the delay, we will do it as soon as we can.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Howcome the spreadsheet in signature bounty has not yet been validated . The ICO was already finished.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I am selling my mined zcash to buy BTCD right now. will keep swapping whole year i think Tongue
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
ZCASH supply will increase 20X after a year. whereas KMD will increase 5% after a year. So anyone buying ZCASH at the moment either doesn't understand the consequences of hyper inflation or is overestimating the ZCASH hype.

On other hand KMD annual inflation rate is 5%. So for KMD price to not fall from the ICO levels all that is required is that KMD holders just HOLD.  Even if no new money comes in to buy KMD, its price will not fall from the ICO levels. Whereas ZCASH need 20x more money in a year to sustain current price.

If ZCASH is able to pull of bringing that new money in then ZCASH marketcap will be circa. 150 million USD in a year. whereas KMD at current price circa. 10 million USD.

Taking your pick is obvious. A super inflationary coin (ZCASH) vs KMD.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

- Not everybody will vote. A lot people only use it as an investment strategy as a set and forget arrangement. Others are simply to lazy to vote or have dust ammounts where it would not make sense.

Voting is mandatory when people want to claim their KMD.

Ah, didn't know that.
How is it organized? Can I change vote later on and its "just" the initial vote, or is it bound to the KMD forever?
Just curious, because Im setting up Komodo nodes as we speak...  Grin
I expect annual elections, unless there are special circumstances that require switching some specific nodes

Until the KMD price is over $1, I think annual elections are sufficient.

Of course, in the event that the price goes up dramatically, then there will need to be more frequent elections.

It is a balance and I am open to suggestions on the best election schedule. It just seems that monthly or even quarterly elections are just too frequent, so it goes to annual
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
I heard the rules for voting are not set in stone yet. Ask jl777 for more details.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

- Not everybody will vote. A lot people only use it as an investment strategy as a set and forget arrangement. Others are simply to lazy to vote or have dust ammounts where it would not make sense.

Voting is mandatory when people want to claim their KMD.

Ah, didn't know that.
How is it organized? Can I change vote later on and its "just" the initial vote, or is it bound to the KMD forever?
Just curious, because Im setting up Komodo nodes as we speak...  Grin
Activity: 121
The exchange rates got adjusted, based on more accurate calculations:
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

These are now the final numbers!
Thanks for the updated
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

Thank you for your notice. I wonder when the windows wallet is available for distribution and exchange?
Set Your Ideas Free
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

Set Your Ideas Free
Boogieman made a long update about the Iguana multiwallet.

Iguana App Update #13

1) 0.1.2 version is out there
Good news mailman speaking!)
We have finished transition to Angular framework. Apparntly it took three days longer then planned, but along with that we covered Gulp builds pipeline. Now we have a good looking code and up to the industry standards. That gives more flexibility with code and content management.

@pbca26
you can modify content on the fly
for example we can build chrome app, ionic and regular gui in a blink of an eye
no manual copy pasting, changing lines in code
all automated

More info about closed issues and new improvements are on the release notes.

2)  10+ new coins supported
As I announced before we discovered more about 300 btc-forked coins. As Iguana engine is fully btc-compatible, we will be adding them steadily - 10 or more for each new release. We select the most traded in 30 days period first accounting data from coinmarketcap.com.

For 0.1.2 we added 10 more:
XRP
PPC
LMC
MEC
SC
DOGE
NLG
EMC2
ABC
APC

> > > Full list of supported coins in 0.1.2 < < <

Nice, glad NLG was added to the wallet too, one of the few coins i hold, plus Komodo coin  Smiley

By the way, can we do coins exchange from our Iguana wallet too?

Eventually the EasyDEX GUI will be incorporated to the same environment, but at first they are two separate things.
Activity: 196
Boogieman made a long update about the Iguana multiwallet.

Iguana App Update #13

1) 0.1.2 version is out there
Good news mailman speaking!)
We have finished transition to Angular framework. Apparntly it took three days longer then planned, but along with that we covered Gulp builds pipeline. Now we have a good looking code and up to the industry standards. That gives more flexibility with code and content management.

@pbca26
you can modify content on the fly
for example we can build chrome app, ionic and regular gui in a blink of an eye
no manual copy pasting, changing lines in code
all automated

More info about closed issues and new improvements are on the release notes.

2)  10+ new coins supported
As I announced before we discovered more about 300 btc-forked coins. As Iguana engine is fully btc-compatible, we will be adding them steadily - 10 or more for each new release. We select the most traded in 30 days period first accounting data from coinmarketcap.com.

For 0.1.2 we added 10 more:
XRP
PPC
LMC
MEC
SC
DOGE
NLG
EMC2
ABC
APC

> > > Full list of supported coins in 0.1.2 < < <

Nice, glad NLG was added to the wallet too, one of the few coins i hold, plus Komodo coin  Smiley

By the way, can we do coins exchange from our Iguana wallet too?

Set Your Ideas Free
Coin supply was fixed for bounties,devs etc how can you now announce additional%25 bonus to your signature campaign participants who chose to get paid in KMD?From where those additional tokens come if all of participants opt for KMD?

Yes, 10 % was reserved for bounties, advisers, and development. We have enough KMD to pay for the bounties, and what is left over will stay in our capital. The bounty was fixed to BTC price.
Activity: 153
on the komodo HP it says: snapshot roughly one week after the end of the ICO. Is there already an exact date for the BTCD snapshot yet?

It still says that?

The snapshot date has not been announced yet, because we first want to integrate a BTCD deposit feature to our ICO site. After it anyone can send their BTCD there to get both the REVS asset and the KMD in swap.

Yes it still says this in the FAQs.
But thanks for the updated information.
Jump to: